Windows 10 Build 10576

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    [​IMG]

Here are some things we have fixed:

We fixed the issue where the Xbox app for Windows 10 would consume gigabytes of memory on your PC if you have any Win32 games (non -Windows Store games) installed on your PC that have been identified as games or added by you in the Xbox app.
    We introduced an early preview of nested virtualization so that people could run Hyper-V Containers in Hyper-V virtual machines with Build 10565. This build includes performance improvements.
    We’ve been addressing a lot of feedback around localization text UI in various languages and you’ll see a lot of that work in this build.
    The search box should now work in this build if you are in a locale where Cortana is not available.

Known issues:

To continue receiving missed call notifications and send texts from Cortana, you will need to be on this build and higher. We’ve made a change that improves this experience that requires newer builds.
    When notifications pop up from Action Center, any audio playing (like music from Groove, or videos from the Movies & TV app) gets reduced by 75% for a period of time.
    After upgrading to this build, all your Skype messages and contacts are gone in the Messaging app. The workaround for this is to navigate to this folder in File Explorer:
    C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Packages\
    Microsoft.Messaging_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
    Delete or rename the “PrivateTransportId” file.
    Then restart the Messaging app.
    Small form-factor devices, like the Dell Venue 8 Pro, that boot with rotation or virtual mode screen size set larger than the physical screen size will experience a bluescreen on upgrade and will roll back to the previous build.
    After upgrading to this build, the power button on your Surface Pro 3 may no longer put your Surface Pro 3 to sleep and instead shut down.
    WebM and VP9 have been temporarily removed from builds. We continue to develop a VP9 implementation that we intend to ship in Windows. Expect VP9 to return soon in a future build.

http://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10576/

ISO links
    Code:
    http://pastebin.com/V5ZZarpj

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  2. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    maybe you should change the name to 10581

3. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    Xbox 1 controller don't work in this build. as soon you hook it up usb, it goes in a random loop sound when you remove & plug a usb device.

Hope this problem is not in the Nov patch because a lot of folks going to be piss that there controller not going to work.

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I have heard people saying the mobile build should be labelled the same as the PC build, but PC and mobile Windows are not the same. There are a lot of shared elements, but there are also a lot of unique code from low powered ARM based phones versus PC's.

5. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    Working very smoothly for me! Edge is getting better and better with each update too.

6. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    right clicking on command prompt does nothing for me.

or am I crazy and it never did?

edit: with quick edit enabled. right click not work?

I dont think my brain is working.:infinity::bang::stewpid:

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ?
    _________

8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Some people think the mobile build is basically a cut down version of the PC build (or something), and hence the build numbers should align. Mobile build 10581 was released at the same time as the PC build 10575. Actually mobile build 10581 seemed to be a little earlier, maybe by an hour or two :).

If PC builds ran like mobile builds of Windows 10 from about 2 months ago and earlier, there probably wouldn't be too many PC Windows insiders left. People stuck with the mobile builds, but it was touch and go. Lots of freezing, pauses, loading, resuming, constant browser crashes, some builds you could not turn your alarm off without cold booting the phone (holding volume down and power for a few seconds) etc. Everything apart from the alarm issue which was resolved within a couple of weeks with another build were persistent, then all of a sudden the builds have got better. Hard to explain just how much the builds have improved in the last couple of months, with 10581 seemingly quite acceptable so far!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
  9. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI

Just upgraded to this build this morning (from 10565) and the Xbox One joypad is working fine here. I am using the wireless receiver and not the USB cable though.

10. Dr4Wm4N

Dr4Wm4N Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 3090
    Do the Xbox One controller drivers from this Windows build work correctly with The Witcher 3?

I had a problem with the ones from build 10565 - when only using controller, both controller and k/m inputs work at the same time - and fixed it by installing Windows 7/8 drivers.

11. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Shiny download links? :p

Is this the TH2 RTM which was due to release on 18th Nov for the public or we have another build on 2nd November?

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ISO links
    Code:
    http://pastebin.com/V5ZZarpj
    It's available on the fast ring for insiders too

And no, I doubt this is the RTM, changelog has too many issues noted

13. Dr4Wm4N

Dr4Wm4N Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 3090
    OK, build 10576 installed, same bug as you...

I'm tired of this nonsense, isn't Microsoft able to support properly his own Xbox One controller? The previous builds had problems with it, but it was a joke compared to the 10576 one!

For the moment, I swapped the Xbox One controller for an old Xbox 360 one which works flawlessly.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It is a beta remember, no point complaining about bugs in Betas, report them and wait for the next build, if they remain, report again, if they remain in RTM, then complain

15. Dr4Wm4N

Dr4Wm4N Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 3090
    You're right, I've just done a report using the Feedback app.

But I think such a bug is unbelievable, even in a beta build.

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    As long as enough people report it properly the way you have, it'll be fixed, if they are having major issues with it by the time RTM arrives, I'm sure they'll let everyone know what the issue is and some sort of ETA for it being fixed

Does it work in 10240 RTM ?

17. flashmozzg

flashmozzg Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB @ 947/1250
    [​IMG]

18. Dr4Wm4N

Dr4Wm4N Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 3090
    Yeah, the bug appeared in the latest builds.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea, don't worry about it then, they had it working for the last RTM, no doubt they will this time too

Just report every bug you find, that's the only power we have to make the perfect RTM

20. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    Sorry i must have read about a newer Mobil build i guess....And i new you always focus on the newest builds...didn't mean to seem retarded from not getting enough sleep