Review: ASUS Republic Of Gamers Matrix GeForce GTX 980 Ti Platinum

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. ModestWisdom

ModestWisdom Guest

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970
    I absolutely LOVE your reviews. They are simply flawless. I honestly cannot think of a better site than yours in terms of reviews. The reason for this is because you always provide the FPS for all the "big boys" - as in Lightning, AMP! Extreme and now Matrix. I love the fact that you compare them all side by side in terms of FPS. Many other websites just casually throw in reference cards and compare them with one "big boy".

Also this - AMP! Extreme = Lightning = Matrix. You can't go wrong with any of these. For anyone who's still undecided as to which 980 Ti you should be getting - in my humble opinion you should really be considering those 3 cards, nothing else comes close.

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I preferred the black/red color scheme, still... beastly card! Too bad the OC is pretty average on all of these high end 980Tis.

4. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Pretty cool card, though I wouldn't buy it myself :) Awesome review as always!

And all the cards reach ~1500 maximum with one card (can't recall) hitting 2200 on the mem instead of 2100. These cards WON'T go any further without extreme cooling.

5. ModestWisdom

ModestWisdom Guest

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970
    Oh and I honestly think that AMP! Extreme is literally the best option in terms of what you get for your money.

AMP! Extreme is ~ £570
    Lightning is ~ £620
    Matrix is ~ £660

If I wanted for my card to look "nice" I'd most likely go for Matrix. But the question is do I really wanna pay an extra £90 for pretty much identical performance? If you want something in-between (looking nice and what you get for your money) I'd grab a Lightning.

6. lobez

lobez Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    Nice review, Hilbert. Thank you!

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah, I'm doing 1554 MHz & 7908 MHz on both my oh so hated 1 year old 970s, guess the ~1500 range is the max on all Maxwell cards, which is a shame as said, since the cooling is pretty good on these aftermarket cards, even just on air for a bit more OC.

8. Metro

Metro Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980ti Lightning SLI
    Is this a 3 slot design or 2 slot, as JJ said it was 2 slots

Also two GTX 980ti Lightnings or two GTX 980ti Matrix

Thanks

9. Yakk

Yakk Guest

GPU:
    Graphics card
    Wouldn't buy this card at this point in the 980ti's life cycle, but reading this review I just wanted to say Guru3D has some of the most comprehensive GPU reviews on the net. Good job!

10. Metro

Metro Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980ti Lightning SLI
    High end Pascal is Q2 2017, so we got a long time yet.

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Card just came out in June, The 300 series from amd is based on 2013 tech, I think that is much worse than an nvidia card released in June 2015.

12. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Great review for a great card! A true beast! A with a great cooler too. :thumbup:

Can you please provide any links/proof on that? I thought it was a 2016 release.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    My guess is late 2016, can't see how it would hold out until 2017 otherwise, unless they do some sort of refreshes which is pointless.

14. dwiewolverine

dwiewolverine Guest

GPU:
    Strix GTX 980 Ti SLI
    anybody know where i can find Full cover water block for this beast?