NVIDIA's Windows driver version 358.70 (released 10-19-15)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by norton, Oct 20, 2015.

1. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    this is true.

anybody that still uses windows xp. doesnt need new drivers as they cant even play most games due game requirements of most games.

maybe nvidia locking drivers to geforce experience will also lock out xp users.

oh burn....

and I dont think people with xp machines will want additional program like geforce experience and all its processes running in xp and hitting that memory limit.

burn again....

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I've already said that it's likely a bigger effort to dismantle XP driver production pipeline than to continue building these drivers. You do understand that all drivers are still using the same common code base? This complaint is just stupid.

3. samusprime89

samusprime89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I just want to report back that these driver seem to drastically improve frametimes in most games ive tested compared to the previous drivers. This makes the games much much smoother. gonna stay on these drivers forever unless theres a real reason ill have to update. finally games are smooth again!

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    Im just saying stop supporting xp for every day consumers. maybe giving them once a year driver updates or give hotfixes when needed.

business dont need once a month driver updates.

this will give better and faster support for windows 10/8.1/7

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Exactly, if dual monitor, office, browser+plugins, technical rendering apps and photoshop work without issues, business admins won't even bother to check out new drivers.

6. mr1hm

mr1hm Active Member

GPU:
    2070 Super XC Ultra
    haven't tested out that driver yet because i wasn't sure if it has the H1Z1 profile. i'll check those out if something seems a little off with the 358.70 driver in the future.

7. TylerAD

TylerAD Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I had the same errors with the .59's and BF4. I think its the divers as I went back to the WHQL's and they are back to normal. I will be trying these later tonight and will report back if I have any problems.

8. GatitoMimosin

GatitoMimosin Active Member

GPU:
    msi gaming x 3060ti
    Badvery bad driver

Not install this driver... this driver burn my bios of my motherboard gigabyte,happy for double bios in gigabyte but unistall this drivers
    this driver cause blue screen in my game favorite HEROES OF STORM say memory video problem this message burn my bios grrrrrrrrrrr

return a old driver and good work again

9. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    "All ran smooth" isn't a number, that's why. I run heaven because it tells me how much performance I'm getting VS the last driver or whatever changes I'm doing. Valley is old and obsolete now that heaven is out.

Getting improvement on minimum, maximum, and average tells me that they've made it more efficient in a way that will show everywhere.
    Based on the benches I posted I can determine that there was an average FPS increase of .39% and an overall .29%. I won't be able to see the difference, but it still exists. This is system wide, for every game. I bench to accurately measure improvement.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  10. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    lol yea... you should check for an update to your motherboard bios.

Repair whatever the hell is wrong with your windows too.

sfc /scannow

#2(Win8+ only)
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No it won't. XP drivers are built from the exact same code base as Win10 drivers, they're just built for a different backend. I'm more than sure that they haven't changed anything in XP driver interface for years so whatever XP drivers they are publishing is just the common driver code inside the XP driver model container. Removing the XP from the pipeline means that they'll do one less QA testing on exit which is done automatically probably and doesn't take much time anyway. It is also done in parallel to whatever fixes and stuff the driver team is doing. The cry for XP removal is baseless.

12. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Don't forget that there is an x64 Edition of Windows XP as well, though, which can manage more memory.

13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I remember running Windows XP (x64) back in 2012, it was a mess, only took me a week of genuine frustration to revert back to Windows 7.

14. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    Less time wasted doing anything for XP is a bonus. It's not like they couldn't take the time and effort saved on XP's QA and apply it to 7/8/10. God knows they could use all the QA they can get.
    Even if they only have 2 guys on XP drivers, reassign them to a more productive task. Let some flunky port the drivers over to XP once a year if they absolutely must.
    Doing anything further for XP is a waste of time.

15. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    tomorrow will be a game ready driver for Ashes of the Singularity?

16. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    XP is still one of the most used OS till this day, asking for Nvidia to drop support for it is just inane talk.

17. GatitoMimosin

GatitoMimosin Active Member

GPU:
    msi gaming x 3060ti
    YES!!! IF IS THE DRIVER 358.70... me play heroes of storm all days and plat very good but me install driver 358.70 and heroes of storm launch blue screen error say memory video error... me try 3 times and the 3 time me bios burn... reboot pc and system say bios corrupted... me have motherboard gygabyte and me salve double bios in mother board but THIS DRIVER BURN MY BIOS!!!!
    me returno to driver vhql and work fine again... no more blue screen error

18. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    No way man that any graphics driver could corrupt your motherboard's BIOS.

19. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i don't think is NV fault. obviously, ur mobo issue. BSOD mostly cause by h/w not s/w

20. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    and that the bsod could of caused corrupted bios.