Nvidia plans to lock Game Ready drivers behind GeForce Experience registration

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Shelledfade

Shelledfade Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    If they really go through with this I'm going AMD. This is a reflection of all the dumbass decisions they've made up to this point.

1. The 970 fiasco
    2. The drivers that have had issue after issue for nearly this entire year of 2015.
    3. Claiming their cards have full dx12 support, my ass.
    4. Now this.

This is total bull**** and if they go through with it I'm going AMD. I've had enough.

2. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    Yet, the 10% that are anal about wasting SSD space (and not wanting trash software) are probably the bulk of enthusiasts, and the ones with the 980s/980Tis/Titan Xs.

3. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I don't mind installing it but the problem is GFE has shown to impact performance in games. If they can fix that then no difference for me.

4. DAOWAce

DAOWAce Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    0x03b, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION with dxgkrnl.sys as the faulting module.

DWM crashing with nvwgf2umx.dll

I was playing ARK along with hosting a server; the game kept crashing multiple times, all with varying errors, but nvwgf2umx.dll was also mentioned in one. The display driver itself also crashed once.

Then the last straw with my server crashing with PhysX3_64.dll

Before that, I rolled drivers back from the hotfix to 355.98 and couldn't boot my system anymore. Going into safe mode BSOD'd with PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. Had to do a last known good config; then after more errors from GFE's latest beta I did a full uninstall, DDU and reinstalled known stable working drivers, 353.62.

I have never had these kinds of issues until trying GFE. Never.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015

5. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    This will be very hard if we take as a fact that uninstalling gpu drivers through Win control panel or installing without removing previous ones usually brings issues.
    It will be very tricky for Nvidia to achieve a "clean" and stable procedure.

Instead of making such desicions why don't they try harder to make their drivers work better,more stable and ofc to have their features work together (as DSR with SLI+G sync...)

6. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Well, i just gonna say the same thing. Many Other HW vendor use the same method to use they product. Even mice/mouse. Yup, it is been years.
    Infact my mouse also included, if i register i can use the full " feature". I don't. i stuck with $ 5 cheap mouse feature. So much for spending around $60 for the mouse then :D What happened all those users who had to register? Nothing.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  7. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Time for some uni-nvidia drivers lol.

8. Shelledfade

Shelledfade Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
  9. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Razer Deathhadder? yes i had ttsprot mouse i didnt need install any software its store profile on the mouse for razor i need save drivers to usb for that expensive mouse also drive have been controling my cmstorm trriger keyboard

10. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    Can you be even more pathetic? Haha.

Your comments in this thread are utter garbage. It also seems like you lack understanding of basic terminology. Bloatware != Oh my, whole 50MB of RAM GONE!

But hey, keep white-knighting for Nvidia. I am at least mildly entertained.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015

11. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    best not feed him man ;)

12. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    When one falsely identifies sub-components of the drivers "bloatware" I explain their ignorance. I can be harsh, but there are a lot of morons here. I am needed to put them in their place.

Thanks!

13. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    Flew right past your head buddy. :)

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Nah, you're not - people who try to put others in their place are not needed anywhere

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Leave that to the staff, lots of backseat mods here lately, who incidently do sound any better than the people they are talking about. (not directed at anyone particular).

16. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    They obviously are needed here. Always the same whiners with the same problems, blaming drivers for their lack of basic computer knowledge. Need to CClean the ones spamming the same issues and clogging up the forums. :)

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I know, but they dig their own graves, trying to dig it for them only ends up with you in the grave :)

18. Shady757

Shady757 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC
    I seriously can't believe you're still around here. I can't wait for the day you get banned, to be honest, I thought you already were, but I just recently started seeing your stupid name here again.

kys.

19. WillG

WillG Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Fully Agree.
    Don't forget to add they nerf previous architecture, to try to force people to upgrade, and pay off developers to cripple other brands cards in games.
    Their behaviour is absolutely atrocious, and is no good for the health of PC gaming.
    They are lower than a snake's belly.

I'm suprised all of this has happened, and people are still willing to support them.
    I've used both brands, and AMD has never been as bad as the rumours would suggest. In fact my previous 7950 and 290X were quite good - certainly better than the 970 (3.5gb) has been with 2015 drivers.

I think Nvidias' reputation, despite their actions, remains somewhat untarnished because they have a mega PR machine and blinded fanboys towing the line.

(Both of these camps, along with Nvidia shills, will be along shortly to try and rip apart MY OWN personal experience with both brands in ..3 ...2 ..1 )

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If your not happy then sell the cards and buy AMD, my brother in law just managed to sell one of this 970's for £250.

Alot of us don't have any issues with Nvidia hardware or it's actions, it does not make someone a shill or a blind fanboy when the majority of their personal experience is positive.

While i don't agree with forcing GFE for drivers, the amount of people i see now who consider GFE to be a selling point for PC gaming is is increasing all the time, and Nvidia likely see this as well and are willing to let a few go to AMD if they attract many more.