GeForce Experience Gets new Features & Locks Game Ready driver to GeForce Experience

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 15, 2015.

1. jmdixon85

jmdixon85 Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX660 3GB
    No idea why so many people are saying they will leave nVidia for making this move. Fair enough if it was horrible software but it's actually very good! It may have to be installed but you don't have to use it if you don't want. Put your dummies back in people! This makes no difference to anyone.

2. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Oh hell no... I never install that crap!
    Someone please find out from where Geforce Experience downloads drivers so we can download them manually ourselves!
    Must still be from a server/ftp which is publicly accessible. Someone write a simple portable app which checks for latest driver on that server and a button to download it. **** geforce experience!!

3. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Well with some users that this software was causing problems for them. Also I agree that going to AMD makes no sense because they do the same thing with Raptyr with their drivers not sure about the locking game ready driver to Raptyr. Also to some users that the Geforce Experience software and the software that AMD uses is just plainly annoying. Also people are not stupid for not wanting this software.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You mean like...

[​IMG]

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Why don't you take your own advice and stop spamming and insulting other users especially a staff member this can get you banned.

6. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Come on guys, we don't even know if this is even true yet

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    The funny thing is Razer is one of the companies who's software actually worked it was only lately that it became more intrusive by asking you to register so it could store your mouse settings in the cloud. I bought a Corsair Strafe and can;t use half it's features because they require it's software to operate them and since I can't install the software I am stuck with a half functional keyboard.

Um no it's not a joke, when I first bought my Samsung SSD it was round the time the whole issue with the 840Evos was springing up, I downloaded their fixer tool that ran once, 'fixed' the drive and updated the firmware and then the tool f*cked off forever. To do updates after that I am required to download and install their Magician software which sets itself to run automatically on install, only problem is it hard locks my computer the second it starts to run and since it runs at Windows start bam no access to Windows any more.. So I know Samsung can do firmware updates with a single us tool that doesn't require install and doesn't require run time at start to work they just choose not too.

If the software works 100% of the time EVERY time I have no issue with it being required, unless it's doing something skivy in the background, but since very few softwares can claim that, so!

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Typical AMD again

[​IMG]

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    What typical, its true isn't it.

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Typical is they always have to comment about Nvidia (if its about bad publicity)

11. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    What drivers? I'm still running two rigs with AMD cards, so do they mean the drivers that get released nearly a year apart? Big deal. Nvidias quarterly web updates without GFE still trumps that.

AMD should never speak about drivers. Like ever. They are so far behind.

12. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Ehh let AMD have this, its like a little brother trash talking his older brother.

He can't physically prove his superiority but he can still talk smack, thats exactly amd's position.

13. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    Feel sorry for ATI not AMD. Certainly not nVIDIA.

- Abandoned 880M (pidge from nVIDIA said he'd look into it then never returned)
    - 970 3.5GB
    - took away mobile overclocking until backlash
    - breaks games with trashworks
    - slipping drivers quality
    - overpriced gsync
    - trash talk developers

Either way, can't help but laugh.

14. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I love the way AMD mocks Nvidia's decision to lock future driver releases through forced GeForce Experience account registration and metadata collection.

15. ReloadAO

ReloadAO Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    lol....

1. When I bough EVGA780 I was not able to play any newer game for 3 months without crashing.... 3 or 4 times blue screen...it get better, but not what I would expected for superior driver.

2. Kepler GPU performance downgrade with drivers. Either way, if they knew or not about the issue....both means they are pretty bad at doing proper drivers ....

3. 2 of my friend that I advised to buy 970, went AMD after 3.5 GB memory failure and they had 0...ZERO issues so far. And they play a lot more than me.

Nvidia went very down with drivers, not what they were used to. I cannot say the same about AMD... if you know what I mean.

For the GFE... I'm not using it either and I do not want. If this will get real, will wait for next round of cards and will buy AMD.
    I do not like being fooled and treated like a trash.

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    1 problem with this:

"So how are things working out for ya, living in a cave??"

Because that's going to be the result if you follow that path.

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Actually, while posts like that are based on bad conduct of competition. It is done in somewhat acceptable way.

Because there is huge difference between throwing mud on competition and saying that you do not do same bad thing as others.

I would say that it is kind of like Japan business conduit. If you say something bad and competitor's name in same sentence, then you are seen as someone to be evaded in business. You can say that you do what no others can, or that you do not intend to adopt particular bad practice others in industry are adopting.

(But this is one of cleaner PR messages from AMD, they are usually much messier.)
    Well, this is quite honest way to say it. Looking at driver threads of both companies here there is average scheme to them.
    On AMD side people wonder if driver has improved on not so good performance, or fixed some particular issue they are having.
    On nVidia side many driver threads start with questions about BSODs, and answers like: "This is good driver, no BSOD."

But I have advised people around to get gtx970 even after 3.5GB thing, because it is not bad card. And in real world scenarios where it would run into trouble, it would already deliver poor performance due to lack of horsepower. (That's for single GPU configurations. I would not recommend it for SLi.)

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I find it very childish TBH, that goes for most stuff AMD does btw. videos, messages,sneaky hotel releases etc. not my cup of tea.

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    ^^ Childish indeed. Am I the only person that thinks they won`t go along with it? Like when nvidia stated mobile gpu overclocking was enabled by "mistake", big backlash and they backed down.

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well a lot of sound has been made with this, so they could very well pull back the idea (and then state they never intended it LOL)