Nvidia plans to lock Game Ready drivers behind GeForce Experience registration

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Oct 15, 2015.

1. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    If you're trying to get a point across, you're doing a really bad job. You say something is bloatware, then show that it isn't doing much of anything except being listed in a list you don't have to look at unless you need to get poweruser functions done. Chrome would be considered bloatware in your eyes.

All that's needed now is a car analogy.

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I agree. Going "who cares" and letting more and more control of your PC slip away is just silly to me. Sure, you have to pick your battles to fight in this world, but just letting stupid things go because it's not affecting you in a significant enough way doesn't mean it's a non issue, especially for other people.

3. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    It really is a non-issue, some people don't like it though.

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It's not though. I don't use any features of GFE whatsoever. Yet I'm going to be penalized and have to have it running to update my driver if I want to play a game on release day.

At the very least, it's a nuisance. At worst, it's insulting, because Nvidia is basically telling me that in order to get the most out of the graphics card I paid for, I have to run their application which does nothing for me, just so they can collect data about my system and the games I play. It's the definition of double dipping.

5. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    It's not about RAM or process count for christ's sake. Drivers function perfectly fine without all this additional, arguably, useless software (streamers still prefer OBS, can't into true lossless so useless for youtubers, etc). It's about forcing everyone to use GFE that is made for people who are new to PCs, that just recently had another incident that made drivers not install correctly or something like that, you can look it up here or on geforce.com. All that on top of privacy problems.
    Oh and Chrome is a keylogger in my eyes.

Driver season passes coming soon:roll:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  6. Lucifer

Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2060S
    fully retarded move by nvidia... this will mark their demise.

7. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    lol its just a simple program.

8. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    You Will be Assimilated. Resistance is Futile.

9. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    After the dust settles from people throwing chairs, tables and beer bottles. nvidia will still be standing there. No offense some of you act like Nvidia kicked your dog or cat down the steps or slapped your mother or father, with the way you guys on this forum are reacting to this.

I been using the software for a long while now and it has done nothing to my computer, I not that paranoid. You do not have to use the GFE you can just wait for driver release, it might take longer then it would be if you had GFE.

But if GFE really make your that angry enough that you will stand outside the nvidia HQ with the world is ending sign while yelling at people passing by or the sky, then you can just wait longer.

I see people talking about jumping to AMD in the other thread about this,What to stop AMD from doing the same thing if they haven't already.

Where will you jump ship to if AMD decide to follow nvidia lead, You wouldn't have much options after wards. Unless you go back to the 90's and jump to that 3DFX voodoo or S3 graphics card that you still have in the closet or attic sitting there collection dust or Intel Graphics, or that old Diamond S220 PCi graphics card.

10. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I'm surprised it took Nvidia this long to make a move like this. It's been packaged with their drivers since I can remember. I'm surprised we didn't see it become mandatory for driver updates a long time ago. Hell, for a long time it was mandatory to install it if you wanted to receive SLI and game profile updates. It's only been since Windows 10 that the updater could be used again free of GFE.

11. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    What the? I don't need this useless crap. I decide how my stuff is run and dealt with. No one else.

[​IMG]

It might be useful for the average joe who doesn't understand the necessary tweaking and tinkering it takes with PC gaming.

But for a Power User, this is an insult.

Seriously what is the point of FORCING us to use this>???????

GFE is already automatically installed with the driver express install ANYWAY.

:stewpid:

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    By all means, NVIDIA, keep the option in GFExperience to download the latest driver but PLEASE do NOT make it so that is the only way drivers can be downloaded. That is just asking for problems, for example, for those people who cannot run get GFExperience to open or run properly (and, yes, there are some people as the GeForce.com forums prove).

Then there are also those people who do not want to install GFExperience at all because, let's be honest here, it is not particularly useful for anything other than the streaming features and even then I would argue that those should be a separate module completely so people can choose to install that but not the rest of GFExperience.

I rarely use GFExperience myself and on my machine the software has consistently refused to launch from the system tray's NVIDIA icon anyway although it used to work until about nine months ago when NVIDIA updated it and changed something to stop that working (this is on both Windows 8.1 Pro and Windows 10 Pro 64-bit by the way). It does launch from a shortcut fortunately but the software has such a buggy, unfinished feel to it and jars alongside the NVIDIA control panel that I pretty much ignore it for the most part as I have no use for the streaming features anyway.

Finally, it is annoying that GFExperience updates continue to set the SHIELD streaming service to automatic when I have no use or interest in using SHIELD. Why is this service not set to manual so it can be run as needed? Why set it to run with Windows when the majority of users have no need for it? :3eyes:

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    They are essentially trying to make the whole process as easy as possible for the average user, even if that means pissing off the rest.

They must know this will annoy alot of people, but likely know people may complain but will either give in and use it anyway, or just use somewhere else to get the drivers.

So they really have nothing to lose.

14. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    The new Geforce Experience is out, you can try it now.
    [​IMG]

15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    The current way works fine Nvidia, stop forcing us to use GFE. I never use it, driver and PhysX is enough and also, stop making Nvidia control panel etc phone home. It's slowing things down for no reason at all. We didn't sign-up for any kind of data-mining.

16. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    let's boycott NV, i hope manuelG resigned & work for AMD. stop messing around the driver. ever since 347.25 released, the rest drivers are totally crap.

17. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Nice, thnx nvidia, now i dont get forced to download from a link. This is way faster and better.

Boycot AMD :banana:

18. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Why do you believe that manuel isn't the instigator of this atrocity? If nvidia keeps getting less and less competition likely more issues like this will rise. Probably about time to go amd for my next card.

19. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Get a fake email or a useless one like holy_cow138483@m.evernote.com.
    Where's the problem?

20. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    That you have to have the virus gfe installed. That they want more control over your data. This is the anthesis of having control over your own gear. This is probalby only the first step in a long line of events nvidia has planned.