GeForce Experience Gets new Features & Locks Game Ready driver to GeForce Experience

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    Does DDU remove GFE? If so then this would certainly suck for those people who like clean driver installs. Hopefully Nvidia changes their mind. That would be like AMD requiring Raptr for driver updates, I would not be cool with that.

2. Welliam

Welliam Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 460 Hawk
    I dont want to use GeForce Experience !!! nVidia come back to your senses

3. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    who said you have to use it ? simply disable service and don't launch it, except for when updating game ready driver I guess...

4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    This is terrible news. I don't use GeForce Experience. I never install it.
    But now I have to have it installed and running just to have updated drivers. This is BS!

Getting really tired of nVidia pulling stunts like this. I bought a 970, but now I'm really sorry I did. Between the 3.5GB fiasco and now locking out acess to drivers, it's pretty obvious that nVidia has no longer any respect for it's costumers.

5. KrameRrr

KrameRrr Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX460 Sonic P. SLI
  6. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    I never used Geforce experience and i hope they will never force me to.And indeed we can disable it in services menu but after awhile they'll come up with something else.I hope they keep their drivers just like they are now,custom install and nvinspector FTW.:nerd:

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    They will back down imo, they are testing the waters like when they said mobile gpu oc was enabled by mistake and removed it, there was a big backlash and they reenabled it again. My guess is they will back down on this as well.

8. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Not happy with this at all.

9. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Just another reason for me to look at AMD for my next card. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot.

10. Badula

Badula Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
    I think they will back down as well.

Hopefully you can just work around using experience and just use it to install drivers. If you can, it's not such a big deal, even though this is disturbing news.

NVIDIA really needs to be careful. AMD's new R9 Fury X out performs both the GTX 980 Ti and the Titan X in recently released benchmarks, and is much cheaper. Furthermore, not everyone who owns an NVIDIA card is 100% loyal to the brand and will swing back and forth between them and AMD depending on who has the more attractive cards.

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Which benchmarks would like a gander at that.

12. Badula

Badula Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
  13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
  14. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    I hope they don't force this upon us.i'm not very keen on going back to team red although i had some great experiences with Amd (ati) cards.

15. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I have seen it coming and it's getting ridiculous. That's expected with free software. Once they take the money out of it then you are forced to do as told or just don't bother at all.

The amount of spying tools in Windows 10 is a joke. I can only assume that these tools will be used to make money.

GFE being forced on everyone must be for a reason. I can only imagine them doing this so they can garner more information from it's users. Why else would they do it.

16. oZonoRobotics

oZonoRobotics Guest

GPU:
    980ti sli + rog swift tn
    am i the only one that with the beta of geforce experience has got 50% usage of both cards?

i have a bad issue with shadow play, if i just activate it (not recording, just allow it to record if i want) it gives me 60/80% of both card usage...

i think that if im forced to use that geforce experience i sell one card... this monopoly start to be really painfull

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    A lot of overreaction here...

18. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I have used GFE for a while so the change changes nothing for me.

19. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    It seems the main issue is people don't want to use GFE because it has issues with their PC. Does that mean if they fixed the issues you wouldn't mind having it?

I don't have it installed either because I don't need it, but if I had to I wouldn't mind. Assuming that it did not cause issues. And if they are going to force people to use it I would think those issues are going to be solved.

In other words, the main issue shouldn't be that you are forced to have it, it should be that the program itself is supposedly flawed. (but then again, time after time, when other people complain about NV I seem to have zero issues).

Besides, I'm sure the drivers will be mirrored by someone.

20. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    For quarterly drivers? Pass.