GeForce Experience Gets new Features & Locks Game Ready driver to GeForce Experience

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Posts like this are the only thing that's dumbing me down. lol lol! lol!!

How is Geforce Experience turning Custom PC's into Consoles again? Or is navigating to a website to download a driver considered "Expert" level PC use now?

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Had a blast reading.

3. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    games you used get the extra costumes or weapons after you finished the game as a reward , then they started too sell the unlocks as DLC and season pass so they can make more money out of the game and people just accept it now and even get excited about DLC saying how cool a fancy gun is when its just been cut out of the game to make money and i think nvidia big share now getting a lot money they do just do as they please without thinking of the customer or give the customer any choice, they must be harvest data or something to want emails and force you to install the software to get the driver

4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Living up to Your Username I see! Lol! Good for you bud! Be free!

5. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    What Nvidia fails to realize is the reason a supposed 90% of users "use" GE to install drivers is that most users like every other software choose the default installation, which installs the GE BS automatically. Some of us don't give a rats about GE and Nvidia's idea of how our games should be optimized so we don't install it. It doesn't matter if they are right or wrong on how they set my game up. It is not Nvidias job to screw with my game settings or load a ton of BS always on constant running dll's and watchdog programs on my computer. I just need their drivers to work. This is why I build my PC and not a console. I don't need them to push their advertisements or nagging software under the guise of a free feature. Either the feature is part of the driver software or not.

6. bombardier

bombardier Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 Phantom
    Ha, ha...,bloatware :puke2:

7. unphoto

unphoto Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980 Volt modded
    Isn't it possible that, even though you have to use GFE to download the latest driver, to uninstall the " bloatware " with the add/remove options within Windows?

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ive never registered to get my drivers. :)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  9. quickkill2021

quickkill2021 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti sli Poseidon
    This is what happens when a company has all the market share and a legion of fanboys that will defend them.

This is bad news. I am happy that AMD are releasing drivers more frequently now. But, AMD isn't monopolizing game devs into using their technology.

I feel most pc games feel they need to buy a nvidia card or they will miss out on exclusive nvidia features. Nvidia knows this thats why they feel confident that they can get away with doing this.

Thats why i was a big supporter of hybrid physx. I used a 5970 and a gt 240. Worked great, I had a better graphics card and I could take advantage of nvidias features. Now you can't do that anymore.

I really don't see nvidia losing market share and AMD are hurting financialy. They just lost 2 of their main guys not long ago. 1 of them went to Nvidia. This is not good.

10. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    *** FOR SALE *** 2x 980GTX G1's hardly used, boxed. Due to loss of someones faculties @ Nvidia and the fact that communism sux.

BTW i have been getting these horrible feelings recently about the future of PC's and it seems to be heading into something very oppressive and narrow.

Win 10 is the start of it.

11. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    I actually love GF experience. I have no performance issues and it helps me set games to 4k.

12. Primey0

Primey0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    Calm down fanboy. This change won't make people return their Nvidia cards or even think about going "Team Red" on their next upgrade

13. G*addict

G*addict Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    Erm, if they are going to try and force it on me I will be going back to team red for my next card.

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I would say this path sux. But if there is not another surprise down the road, like nV utilizing hardware you purchased at times you are not using it...

Imagine purchasing GPU and already knowing that nV will harvest 10% of its performance.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I sure won't use this crapware GFE, let alone register to get my drivers, they can s*** it.

16. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    While I have no issues with the GFE software itself, my driver installs failed in the past when running them through GFE. The standalone installer was always fine.

17. C0D3M4N

C0D3M4N Member

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti
    Shame how quick you all are to pounce on the slightest rumor.

There will still be archived driver downloads. You will still be able to grab them from the FTP site. You will still see them crop up at various sites.

GFE will be what is downloaded and installed straight from Nvidia, instead of individual drivers. The GFE software is not the horrible beast you overreacting babies are making it.

I mean sheesh, you are all a bunch of lemmings following Hilbert around before he gets his facts straight.

18. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    This sucks Butters chinballs....

19. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    Wow...I have skipped Windows 10 so far, because of forced hardware updates. This doesn't work too well for me! I have had issues in the past with GFE and really have no intention of installing it now! Could be curtains for NVIDIA...

20. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    It's okay. I can use developer drivers.

FU nvidia