MSI AfterBurner 4.2.0 Beta 2 for GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Owners

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    For those of you who purchased a MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning, congratz on that beauty. We heard your concerns, and understand that you want to tweak that gem a little. Unfortunately the final MSI AfterBurner build is not yet ready as there is work left in progress.

Please read:
    As such the decision was made to offer you guys a Beta 2 of AfterBurner 4.2.0, however we do release this build AS-IS. Beta 2 is not yet ready, lacks certain game support and needs a number of fixes. That means it potentially could be unstable for some of you. Hence we do not offer any support on it, if something doesn’t work, please do not complain.

However we opened up triple voltage regulation so you can give your tweaking experience a try. Later in Q4 the final build will be released with broad support, updates and fixes. Until then you can give this build a try.

Enjoy !

Download

H.

2. Olvik

Olvik Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Finally, it was time for a beta, thanks

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It is NOT a beta, it is a few months old summer DEVELOPMENT build and and it is STRONGLY NOT RECOMMENDED for anyone besides 980Ti Lightning owners to install it.

4. Olvik

Olvik Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Perfect Ok

5. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    I really appreciate the early release and would like to thank both Hilbert and Unwinder for listening to our concerns and acting on them.

I literally just finished my Skylake build and I am putting it through its paces (10 hour 2160p x264 encode).

This release is right on time to do some serious benching! :)

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    that's cool of you guys to give the lightning owners a version for tri voltage sadly I don't own one but gl to those that do.

7. wege12

wege12 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Fury X
    Does this beta support AMD Fiji voltage control?

8. Unwinder

No, it doesn't. You could answer the question yourself if you read the thread prior to posting.

9. wege12

wege12 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Fury X
    Thanks!

Also, I did read it before posting and it's not explicitly stated anywhere in this thread whether or not Fiji voltage is supported. But there's no need to be hostile, Unwinder. We're all equal here, man.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  10. Unwinder

I'm sorry but that's not true. It is explicitly stated a few posts above that it is a few months old summer development build for 980TI Lightning owners only. If you treat a honest request to read release notes as something hostile, just search for other forum and application please, you're definitively not my user, sorry.

11. wege12

wege12 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Fury X
    Haha oh goodness. You attract more bees with honey than vinegar my friend.

Anyways, I'm quite excited for the Fiji voltage release. Been waiting far too long for proper overclocking tools for a high end GPU.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  12. stubass

stubass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX980Ti Lightning
    Nice one cheers for the beta. i am yet to start tweaking but looks good :)

13. Crysis111

Crysis111 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti Lightning
    Thanks for the beta from germany. After some Tests i give you an interest Feedback Every input vcore GPU over 1.206 v is unstable with my card (maybe it depends on my 79 Asic GPU), but lowering AUX Voltage -100mv gives mehr more stability on GPU and RAM and more clocks with Stockvoltage on GPU and RAM. Tests just Not finished but with Stock AUX i cant get more than 1.550/4.001 FSX, with AUX -100 no Problem 1.570/4.104

14. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    @Unwinder

Are such RPM Sensor readout spikes normal and expected from NVApi they don't seem to happen Physically really ?

[​IMG]

And why doesn't Nvidias internal Frame Limiter does it the same way (with it's low level access) as yours (strict exact limiting) their internal Driver Limiting approach looks way different (lose limiting) since the beginning ?

Either they don't seem to care fixing it (lose limiting) or they have a reason for not doing it (strict limiting) ?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015