Star Wars Battlefront III Holiday 2015

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    EA resells copies after every ban, they double dip at both ends. If they went after the makers they would loose a large chunk of money.

Puts on tin foil hat: My guess is the cheat makers have an inside guy, they seem to have new cheats ready before the patches are released.

EA doesn't care about us at all.

2. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Played the battle of Hoth today until i hit Rank 5, was great fun but sheer chaos.

Wish they would've included more skill levels in Survival mode, that was actually a lot more fun.
    All in all, it's a nice game. Gonna pick it up cheap at some point to play Survival or Battles with bots.

3. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I guess that's why CS:GO is full of cheaters too, hell valve changed there entire ranking system to cater to cheaters. They fed them casual in the hopes of keeping them out of competitive not that it's worked of course as csgo is always on sale and when it's not its so cheap just to buy a new copy.

Back in reality you can't stop these ****s from making cheats they are from ****ty country's that don't care you could spend money on taking one down but another site will pop back up and good luck suing them.

This isn't a EA problem its's a pc problem and it's been like this forever.

4. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid (BEAST)
    Yeah look at that. How could ever have fun or a fair fight? EA is out of ideas I think.

5. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    Pros
    Graphics
    Atmosphere
    Sound

Cons
    Boring gameplay/dull.
    Map awareness
    Teamwork, none.

I think if you tried to sell this game without "Star Wars", it would fail big time....in either case, i won't be preordering based on the beta. I get the same feeling as Hardline...it will have a pretty quick death.

6. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    I don't get cheating really. Do you have that small of a penis to need to feel better than non-cheaters? How is a turkey shoot fun?

7. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
  8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    they have a complex illness, they like to see themselves first in the chart, they don't know how to shoot or try to master the learning curve, what can you say about these people!!!!!

9. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Is TAA better than FXAA?

10. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    TAA is temporal/ frame blending. I think it runs in ADDITION to FXAA. It does improve it some though.

Also, the game is a lot easier in 3rd person view.

11. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    LOOOOOOOOOOOL xD

12. lantian

lantian Guest

I though it was strange for so many one shot kills from the other side of the map

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, played the Beta, tried to do so with two friends of mine. You can't really call the partner system a viable alternative to BF4's squads or platoons, as you can't track two friends in game (we even talked to each other while playing to try and stick together).

The game itself is solid on the technical side, the graphics are neat although nothing mind blowing. Performance to me was absolutely comparable to BF4, give or take a few fps. The sounds aren't as interesting to me but easily recognisable, so I guess they're good. The beta had some basic issues, as Walker Assault mode was utterly broken by the fact you didn't have easy access to anti vehicle weapons, and the main objective is to destroy vehicles... go figure Dice. The new mechanics of game cards and pickups is a change, not really to be preferred over any fixed setups though, just different. The game itself plays easily and does not need much time to pick up, yet I don't see it to be overly complicated or posses great depth either.

Out of the beta point of view I would feel it to be either sniper rifle or rocket launcher as a secondary, or both even... so much for any kind of different roles per se. It only makes sense to arrange you with your friends, which I personally had a difficult time to keep track off on the battlefield once the two of them 'partnered'. Then you can't discern them from your other teammates besides looking at their models all the time while trying to kill people and not get shot.

Similarly I think about their decision with the 'missing' server browser and the skill balance, as well as the party system. You can't really joing any server in particular, which would be okay since the setup and rules on them are all the same. So far so good, but then you try to squad up. While you're in a party, only one guy can join a server so far, and the other's have to be quick to join over the friends menu, there is no easy way of doing it we noticed. So one joins, the others simply 'join the same server', and likely end up in the other team due to skill balance. It was not a seldom experience to not end up in the same team as my friends or one of them being on the other side. Quite frustrating and leaving a bad taste behind as I want to play that game with my friends. And as you can't easily target servers with at least three people's space, you might end up playing with only two people and the third ending up in the que again. I definately think that is a big problem for me. All of this was of course increased by the felt shortage of servers, as on the first night I constantly saw the message of not finding any servers, even if I tried to join alone. In the regards of three people it only ended up with cancelling your join if not all of us two or three were able to get on the same team and server.

The positve sides were that it played a lot more like BF than I though, and much of the information I got proved to be wrong. I wonder where people came up with that there won't be any optical sights (although you don't really need them in this game). The vehicles are very interesting, the weapons seem to be basic but sufficient.

So after the beta, I'm somewhat feeling more positive about the game. It's nice, and if you happen to play it's enjoyable. But then again, with the end of battlelog, I excpected things to become easier from the bug side, and more direct. Then I ended up noticing the joining, party, and partner system does not fit my desires, and to be honest, that's a game breaker. I feel like everything else I could live with, but not that I have to go through multiple times of trying to get only three people together... the group of buddies I have in RL could at the best times add up to 6 people, I simply see no way of easily joining, if they don't change fundamental things about the partner system (making it take up to five, like a squad or platoon), or about the party / joining system (only join servers where you put all of us in a team and squad, contradicting skill balance eventually).

So I won't buy the game at launch, and probably not without a discount at all.

14. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    [​IMG]

Can't wait for the full game.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Haha, i knew they would extend it. I only thought mabye by 2 days. :D

16. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    I am amazed over the engine.
    The game looks really beautiful on my main rig with everything on ultra.

This weekend i was visiting my parents, and there i have a old spare pc.
    I had some time and thought just for fun i should try and start it up, i had no idea it would actually work and play just fine.
    The specs on that old hunker is a Q9550@3.5, 8gb slow ddr3, GTX 570 1.2GB, some older 1TB drives, win 10 and a older 1920x1200 samsung lcd.
    (I also installed some parts that i was not pleased with from my main , a V1000 psu and a rzr kraken headset).

And it works and play great on medium. Turned off all aa and shadows etc, but the game still looked amazing. Even walker assault i had no problem with, took down two! at-at with speeder cable. Had a few stutters here and there, but nothing game breaking. (Could also be the wifi)

Did not know that old 570 with 1.2gb could do that. (maybe i should try bf4 just for fun)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
  18. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Awesome. I was hoping they'd give us new maps and modes though...:bang:

19. remicius

remicius Guest