AMD Catalyst 15.9.1 Beta Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by OrionCheung, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Not overclocked (yet). Played few hours of The Witcher 2 and no CTD's. Good news but have to play more to be able to say that it's stable now.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I used to get it very very very seldomly, I didn't get it once since I went to Windows 10.

3. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Not stable it seems. Two CTD's day and nothing about it at the event viewer.

4. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Anyone got a modded inf for my aging 6620G? My laptop has an A8-3520M apu, which became legacy after 15.6.

EDIT: Going to try that FLEM tool. :) No success.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Too bad. My system hasn't CTD'd since I changed the mentioned settings to normal.

Just an idea, but are you using a Balanced powerplan? If so, manually disable (from "Muuta virranhallinnan lisäasetuksia" ;)) PCI-E/USB related options.

I've always done that since WinXP and probably avoided some issues readily.

6. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Did not notice this message earlier, yes it was in use, but is not anymore. Managed to complete The Witcher 2 yesterday, waiting for The Witcher 3 to arrive.

Now that pre alfa version of new UT seems to crash, but it might have something to do with shadow settings. And it only seems to be a problem with R9 380. Shadows to low no crash, set those to medium and had crash.

Looking good so far, 3 games I have tried and all have problem with crashing, tho cant be sure who to blame on some of those problems, but this UT problem is definitely AMD's fault.

7. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Another thing, what is this "DIsplayPort Link Failure" error which happens randomly ? In UT as I put all detail close to minimum it started happening more often (like once in 10min?), now that I set FPS max from CCC to 60 it did only happened when loading menu after match and played two games without that error.

I have no idea what is causing this and if this is related to GPU driver, monitor or something else.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I've been playing UT for last couple of days, 1-2h a day and not a single error/crash. It must be related to your Tonga GPU.

Vsync't 60fps on epic.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  9. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    It does not happen often, but I am still losing sync (or what looks like it). Same as with the release Nano driver. Plus my cursor is often corrupted. This is getting old quickly.

Not to mention the lockups requiring a reboot playing WoW.

10. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Anarion recommended me to run Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool and it's telling me that I have hardware problems... Have to wait for this test to finish and check what exactly it tells me.

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Cursor corruption was fixed years ago for 1 driver release, then it came back again.

12. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
  13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  14. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    I'm running 15.10 now. So far so good but I am not optimistic.

Over the years I've had more than a few ATi cards, however no cursor corruption till I bought the Nano. The cursor corruption is not disastrous, just annoying. Unlike the loss of sync and the WoW freezes.

15. sathyrion

sathyrion Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 TUF
    Flickering using displayport

Hi.

Anyone else experienced flickering in 2D when using 2 monitors and DVI + dPort? Works with 2x DVI. Thought my new Nitro R9 280 was defect, but good thing I tried using 2 DVI's before I RMA'ed it.