Star Wars Battlefront III Holiday 2015

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Did a few games, looks and performs very nice. 280X 1080p Ultra 71fps.

Gameplay is little dull, many unexplained deaths. Like ShadowDuke said, cheaters. :D

I would rather go back to BF4.

2. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Main reason I prefer playing FPS's on consoles, barely any cheaters on consoles :wanker:

3. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    Exactly the same here. It's quite alright but didn't really make me go nuts. So I probably won't be getting this, at launch at least.

Maybe a few more games tomorrow and I'll see how it goes.

4. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Even if you turn off FXAA it still looks like it's on, I want any post AA to be completely off...

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    runs really well here

@ 4k it's stuttering a lot even with lowered graphics settings

6. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING

Wait how is that "running well"..? I mean is it just 4k, that stutters or any other resolution as well..?

I think it could be a SLi issue though, maybe try disabling it and see how things run then.

7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    it runs well on 1440p and below , on 4k i see a choppy stuttering performance but it's not annoying

i made a video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHfZpMokZqM

8. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ive jsut had a quick round. It runs very well and smooth with everything on Ultra apart from AA and AO, both off. Actually its pretty fun, really arcady tho, which isnt a bad thing.

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Hm? I have also everything on Ultra + HBOA+ (ultra) and TAA. Always 60fps. Your CPU must be better than mine. Or do you use a higher reso? Im on 1080p with 100% scale.

(Or dont you mean its not running well with those 2 enabled?)

10. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    Why tough? I don't think it would impact performance on your system at all. I've maxed the game out and I get over 60fps all the time.

Same here, maybe it's preference thing. Or he's running high refresh rate monitor and wants to get higher fps.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015

11. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Nah i was just playing around with settings, havent tried with them on. i didnt have fps displaying, but it felt very smooth.

12. brendanvista

brendanvista Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Just put about an hour into the game. Runs great for the most part at 2560x1440, and looks pretty decent. Rocks look great. I turned on resolution scaling to get some sharper AA.
    Gameplay wise, it wasn't super fun. I feel like I've had my fill right now.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Same for me. Runs and looks great, gameplay itself is a bit underwhelming, but then again I wasn't really in the mood to play either.

Does anybody know how long the open beta will last?

14. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Till Oct 12th

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I didn't really like the AA, sadly as usual with Frostbite games. They're never sharp and always fuzzy somehow.

Gameplay felt fun for a moment but also really simple and shallow. As expected, walker assault was totally unbalanced.
    I liked the pod defend type, as I love king of the hill and headquarters, but it felt too cramped and nobody seemed to play the objective.
    Guess I'll rather pass.

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Played a little now, besides lingering in the lobby either as long as playing, or longer, the game ends at lvl5 with the beta. That's how far you get, and thus, the unlocks you get. Will tryy out Walker Assault tomorrow, we'll see how that goes.

Performance wise I didn't actually check framerates, ram usage, etc. Just felt fluent, the only hickup it had was while listing up points at the end of the round (probably a short upload to the statistics). And yes, I've played five or six rounds of pod in total, and I saw seven cheaters get banned by fair fight. At one team, it was four players, all on the enemy team...

So far, I'm not impressed by the new system of joining servers. It's severely limited by the beta's low count of servers compared to the people that want to play (as mentioned above). You can't even enter an empty server and wait for people to join... if you're in a party with your buddies, you'll have an even longer time to wait, until e.g. three slots on a given server are free... honestly, they could have done better.

For the rest, I'd say it's what's expected. So far I can't see much teamplay happening, graphics are pretty neat (looking forward to Hoth tomorrow), but no big 'wow' moment yet.

17. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    There is no SLI profile yet.

18. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Been playing it and find it allot of fun.
    Had some good scores already and missions seem fun also.

I'll share my video later.
    Btw this game allows quickscoping :p

Needs to be headshot to kill, but even with body hit its near deadly kill from full health so it's very effective.

19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    r you sure ??

[​IMG]

20. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Ive watched an hour of a 1080p /60fps and the bloody atmosphere alone was awesome. Not gonna preorder but search for it on a keysite. I'm too much of a SW fan to let this pass. :)
    Someone wants to coop, i'm all ears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.