NVIDIA GeForce 358.50 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by robalm, Oct 7, 2015.

1. narukun

narukun Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 1561/7700
    Same problem as the previous driver here, VERY LOW fps performance on Trove and SWTOR, games like Mad Max and MGSV are fine though. Anyways, ill stick to 353.62, the best for Witcher 3 and DX9 games, new drivers are working bad right now.

2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    color adjustments have no effect on html5 youtube videos in chrome...

dont remember if it was like that with older version...

3. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    We need more replies of G sync users, especially those with SLI too,

1) is G sync has impact in performance when enabled?

2) Custom resolutions? Are they possible? (like 4K?)

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I thought you fixed all your stuttering by installing Intel Technology Driver? Helped me at least, now I don't get any stuttering (at least the two times I've played games that did stutter (DA:I and Mad Max).

Anyway, tried this yesterday:
    Mad Max - Same performance as before (111-144fps)
    World of Warcraft - Started off with low FPS (86-89fps) but after a relog it got back to a healthy 120fps
    Battlefield 4 - Tried Locker and some Last Stand map (120-144fps)

G-sync works as intended. No stuttering or anything like that so far.

5. hehe i feel exactly the same.. i wanted to upgrade to pascal and skipped maxwell as well but with this driver quality in recent months, with all those downgrades to kepler and so on i feel like i won't upgrade ever again and just stop playing on pc all together :) also getting old (31 years old now lol) and don't feel the need for upgrading again, especially not with what nvidia is doing now.. its absolutely unacceptable in my opinion :(

6. thokkiano

thokkiano Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    In the control panel ,the vertical sync needs to be off,otherwise I have a very bad performance.

I have sli, gsync and 4k monitor.

7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Just tried these drivers and they work great. Noticeably better than the 355.xx series in terms of smoothness in the Witcher 3..

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    1. No, but the release notes for this driver mention an issue with G-sync in windowed mode not working properly. I never play in windowed so I don't know.

2. Like DSR you mean? Or true 4K? Cause I dont have a 4K monitor and cannot try this.

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

on gaming it doesn't , on shadowplay recording it causes the recorded video to stutter

10. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    agreed, GPU are by no means cheap and that they only support them for 24 months then they focus on the latest $600 chips and forget all about the rest is not what I expect from Nvidia, basically to get the proper performance you paid for you have to buy the latest GPU on day 1 because 2 years down the road it will be ignored in drivers...

I don't know but I thought it was wise to wait for new GPUs to arrive then go looking for second-hand top of the line cards of the previous generation (like all those who sold their magnificent 780s when they bought a 980) it was great value and I believe Nvidia is countering this by ignoring optimization of cards aged 24 months or older, basically they are pushing for the "if you want the best you MUST pay our insane prices at launch" and I have too much stuff to do in my life to be troubled with that, I will just stop upgrading or simply start looking somewhere else than Nvidia.

11. konmarin

konmarin Member

GPU:
    evga gtx 750 ti sc
    356.04 developer drivers are keepers for me
    total 2-5 fps gains over 358.50 and 355.98 stable with overclock and they have opengl-opencl newer support and they are not whql... :whip: :bang:

12. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Star wars battlefront fly on my GTX 570. Easy game . Just tried it.

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, these seems to be great for TW3 although fps seems to be the same as with 356.04.

14. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    These drivers seem to have solved my old 4k desktop flickering problem. Great!

15. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    This is taken from Hilbert's review of the r390x and he clearly states the following (Drivers then, I decided I MUST make a comment on them. My main concern with the 290 and 390 series products are not so much the hardware and the performance the GPU can deliver, no, my main concern is proper driver support. For the past year AMD's driver support has been sub-par, and that's the honest truth. WHQL driver releases are slow and often the Beta releases are released too late. A good example here was the recently released 'The Witcher 3', it took AMD four weeks before they released a driver that enabled Crossfire support. This is a problem that is hindering and bothering the end-users, AMD needs to step up their game and release 0-day driver releases with at the very least AAA rated titles. As hey, you want to play that game at launch day without the worry that your graphics card isn't optimized or multi-GPU enabled.)

I am no fan boy and the reason i come to review sites like this is so one can get honest impartial advice about which products i should or shouldn't buy and what to expect from that product , your comment in regard to mine carries no weight.

16. maxstep

maxstep Guest

GPU:
    4090 + LG OLED 65
    NVIDIA SURROUND VSYNC is FIXED in these! Been broken for years. Nnedi3 works. DP reverts to vga much less frequently. Now I need custom resolutions and bezel comp and I will die a happy man.

17. maxstep

maxstep Guest

GPU:
    4090 + LG OLED 65
    Best driver set for 980ti sli running nvidia surround. First drivers where I can actually play. Bravo nvidia!

18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Not sure if this is the games fault, or the drivers, but surround not quite working as it should here lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  19. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
  20. Red River

Red River Guest

it's very unstable for me. getting frequient CTD in ARK now...