Recent Nvidia Drivers are the cause of your hitching/stuttering in games.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by snight01, Sep 14, 2015.

1. dreamlord

dreamlord Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 1GB DDR5
    anyone?

2. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    people say the 347.25 series I think, you can try them, they say it fix the stuttering issue and the lag input issues with most of the games they had with drivers only change issue

3. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    347.25 / 347.88 for smooth gameplay

impressed with the latest "developers" drivers though, really great for factory OC'd cards, even for pushing them further but with some minor stuttering in a few (old) games. They offer the best compute and OpenGL performance too.

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I have only one stuttering game - Deus Ex : Human Revolution. I`ve tried every known tweak without luck. I decided to try this Intel technology access driver with DX:HR, and - BINGO! - all stuttering is gone. Very interesting and mysterious matter...

Update: This technology access bundle has 3 services:
    1st - Intel(R) Technology Access Software Asset Manager (manual start);
    2nd - Intel(R) Technology Access Service (automatic start);
    3rd - Intel(R) Technology Access Legacy CS Loader (automatic start).
    After tests I can say that my DX:HR stops stuttering when any - either 2nd or 3rd - service is started. Because "Intel(R) Technology Access Service" shows constant activity and 80 threads in use I switched it to manual start so that only "Intel(R) Technology Access Legacy CS Loader" (no activity and 20 threads in use) starts with OS.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Well done! I played DA:I for over an hour without any stuttering. Thanks!

6. dreamlord

dreamlord Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 1GB DDR5
    thanks guys.

so it doesn't matter if i choose 347.25, 347.52 or 347.88? all three are equal in terms of performance quality?

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
  8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    So I`ve tried to run my own system timer resolution tool instead of Intel Technology Access services - and my only stuttering game DX:HR became smooth (just like with running ITA service). So my guess is: Intel Technology Access services set system timer resolution to the maximum thus helping some games to avoid stuttering.
    Try for yourself any timer resolution tool with your stuttering games.

9. samusprime89

samusprime89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    ive used a timer resolution program back when i had crysis 3, so what your saying is that we should use the max timer resolution or what? please clarify i am confused.

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I just assumed that positive effect from installing Intel Technology Access bundle can be the same as with timer resolution utilities - better timer resolution. I remember that some gurus almost solved problems with Crysis 3 namely with help of timer resolution utilities.

Cruel irony about my stuttering DX:HR - I did implement timer resolution utility back in 2013, and all this time I could resolve game stuttering with this utility, but no - I did replay game with stutters 3 or 4 times so far.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015

11. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Anyway, just want to update this thread that the issue is still with 358.50.

The guys at Nvidia must be getting delusional if they believe this driver is "game ready"

Witcher 3 wouldve ran perfectly on 347.25 if it wasn't for all the nvidia gameworks plague-ware embedded into the game.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Maybe not but trust me when I say that I've really not installed ANYTHING besides ITA (when I wrote the post) and suddenly DAI worked perfectly. Previously I did a lot of testing (must have launched the game over 20 times and every time it was stuttering right from the start but not this time). Same thing with Mad Max yesterday, think I played it for 30min and normally it starts stuttering after 10-15min.

Yesterday I did update a lot of things though - IMEI, VGA, Sound, Network but still...

13. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Yer I was reading in the other thread about stutter and Intel Tech driver. What is this driver? What is it for? I guess I don't need it.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I have no idea what it's for but somehow it helped me.

Check this post by snight:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5167658&postcount=362

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070

16. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Yer I saw that. Will take a look again though thanks.

Things like Intel Rapid Storage etc I don't use. They are turned off in the BIOS and I have no software related to such stuff installed on my PC. If this Intel driver is to do with that I think I will not bother with it as I'm not noticing any hitching or stutter. Best not to try and fix something that does not 'seem' broken ay? :)

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks, noted for future use. Atm I just want to play games, not tinker further with my system :)

18. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    so how does the average Joe cope with all this ? I guess by just playing games and not even noticing stuttering, if it's true you have to go such lengths posted in this thread to get you insanely priced GPU to work as it should then shame on Nvidia, it's just poor coded drivers, going back to 347.25 fix all this stuff without resorting to installing such niche software and messing so much with the PC, this burden should not be put on the end user.

19. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    But chances are you don't need to do any of this. I have not and I really don't notice any stutter. Remember people in forums like this like to fiddle.

20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Oh, there are stutters in TW3, they are more noticeable with faster CPUs and they seems to be a software problem as you may actually fix them via setting prerender limit to 1 in driver's CP. But it's hardly a universal problem.