WCCFtech Steals and Plagiarizes Star Wars article from Guru3D.com

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    This.

How someone doesn't recognize this fact is beyond me.

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    what do you mean yankee? they are mostly camel riders...with laptops

fair use should not even be contemplated in cases where it competes with original content
    and prevents original owner from earning his money

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  3. Freitlein

Freitlein Member

GPU:
    VII
    Clone Wars?
    To answer power with power, the Jedi way this is not. In this war, a danger there is, of losing who we are. – Yoda

It's a real lazy way using all benchmark images and just by the way the taken screenshots. The 'best' screenshot was eaten by the copycat? haha, no words

Don't waste your time as I did now.
    what a 1st post lol :puke2:

thx Hilbert btw

4. nexxusting

nexxusting Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC /w EK-FCGTX980
    :Claps hands:

Great link/read Noisiv.

On top of that comment, the link provides a great example of how to take care of someone plagiarizing your websites content.

Seriously Hilbert I know I'm new around here, bro you gotta let this guy feel the Google DMCA burn.

Ever thought about getting someone on the team that more or less exclusively takes care of DMCA issues in addition to being a regular mod? I'm quite positive more than a few of us posess the necessary skills to do this.

5. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    The basic "sh** test" with this is would the information given on the referring site give up enough info so the reader wouldn't feel the need to look at the original article if they were interested in the contents?

Since all the results were published (performance charts), the referring article doesn't give much reason for the interested reader to go to the original source.

Also, have you seen when popular sites report on an iFixit teardown? They only use a couple images and a few parts summary. They don't post all the pics. They don't list all the identified components. They don't re-print the teardown procedure. So the the interested reader has an incentive to go to the original article. They don't reword the text to barely avoid plagiarism. Their story should be that guru3d conducted a performance test on the beta. Not all the info from the article.

6. Ursopro

Ursopro Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950 WindForce3
    Pure laziness and ignorance

7. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    seek legal advice, the practice of this website is shameful, but if what he claims doenst fringe a copyright complaint then is a tough call because i guess guru3d is open to the public.

But like i said, if it worries you much, seek legal advice.

In the other hand he is giving you traffic, i saw the article, from start he gives honors to guru3d, im not in his side but, you can decide if this is a benefit for you or not.

8. kcthebrewer

kcthebrewer Guest

GPU:
    BFG Nvidia 6800GT OC
    Yeah, how about the ad revenue?

<- also look at those system specs from the last time I updated it/logged in.

Going back to /lurk

9. Babel-17

Babel-17 Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Yeah, they went too far. With something like this they should have only included a few paragraphs of commentary from the guru3d article. Then they could talk about the implications of the results to their heart's content.
    "The medium is the message" is a famous saying, and in this case, the medium is the graphs. By swiping them they in effect plagiarized the story. Hopefully people they trust will convince them of the truth of this matter and they'll make things right.

10. DrDominodog51

DrDominodog51 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 750 Ti 2 GB
    I'm a tech news reader from another site which there is a forum thread talking about your benchmarks. I just registered to say fair use is off the table because WCCFtech has monetary gains from advertisements by using your content.

11. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Who is WCCFTech? So far, I have yet to visit them and I have only heard of them from other peoples postings. I guess this is one more reason never to go there.

12. Funkengreuven

Funkengreuven Guest

GPU:
    3 x EVGA 980ti ACX+ 2.0
    They probably nabbed it because they don't have access to the beta yet, but want desperately to be "relative". If that means stealing content (props notwithstanding), then obviously it's not beneath them to do so... Thing is, i never even heard of the site until now. I think you're giving them a whole lot of free press just by recognizing the theft in this way. Like P.T Barnum said "I don't care what they say about me as long as they spell my name right..." Free advertising is hard to beat...

13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I think you meant, "relevant"

14. Yakk

Yakk Guest

GPU:
    Graphics card
    Sorry to hear/read about this, this is really bad... Best thing is to seek legal advise I would venture to guess.

The best the rest of us can do is not give that site any ad revenue.

:(

15. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Off with their heads !!!

16. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    That's pretty sad for them to do that tbh.

Using someone else to do all the hard work and then hope to steal at least some of Guru's viewers.

I call it Redirection theft. Remember clicks = $$$ so any attempt at gaining viewers illegitimately using HH's hard work is sad to me.

Won't even give the shi-ite site a mention or clicks. Ethics obviously don't mean $hit to this site so always best to steer clear of such places.

17. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    Add this to your pages and images: Copyright 2015 by Guru3D. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without written consent..

18. Aavikkokettu

Aavikkokettu Guest

GPU:
    MSI 3070
    Very simple solution. Next time, hide on watermarks this name: Abdullah Öcalan and they stop there, definitely ;)

19. Edjumication

Edjumication Guest

GPU:
    Corsair 16GB
    Really =)

AMD Radeon R300 Grenada is 380X, Fiji is 390X and Bermuda is 395x2

NVIDIA GP100 Pascal Silicon Reportedly Spotted

AMD Dual Fiji videocard surfaces

Three of "your articles" Hilbert... The pics and shipping manifest were taken directly from WCCF without crediting the source, do you see them crying?

Sad little baby.

20. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Go back to u troll cave,little kid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.