Metal Gear Solid 5 confirmed for PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Aug 13, 2014.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Everytime i see something i cannot explain in MGS V i feel like restarting the whole game on a higher difficulty level to not deal with all the mystery & Scifi crap like in Crysis. Hunting down those North Koreans was fun, everytime Aliens showed up it was hilarious.

2. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Yup. Imperfect game aside, there's some pretty cool stuff to play with as you get a bit deeper in, even if the gear make things a bit too easy at times. Very cool stealth gadgets and assorted buddies/gear to assist you.

3. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Tbh it has peaks and troughs, I was getting bored at 6%, then some semblance of story and more gadgets and buddies, I'm 17% in and enjoying it more than I was at 6%, I'm playing it slowly though 2 hours at a time

4. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    I'm more than happy that this game is lighter on story than the other games. MGS4 was just an interactive movie with so little actual game play it was laughable and nonsense in MGS2 was so cringe worthy.

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Just like you 1-2 hours tops, ive done lots of side ops. Gonna take me a while to finish but I'm in no rush tbh which is good as its better than alot of games out there.

6. JaySharkz

JaySharkz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980
    game is really good! brings back so much memories from my childhood when i 1st played Metal Gear solid. Characters are sexy as hell too!

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Ha just found the music playing feature, loving it and also slightly worried at the fact that MGS5 actually has a much better sound track than the recent GTA game!

8. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
  9. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Done with this game, it's out lived it's fun.

Only read if you have done as far as mission 31

Face Skull face mission, tedious, highlights how massively broken the AI logic is, you have around 50 odd enemies between you and Skull face, you employee Quiet to take them out because lets face it with every single one of them wearing helmets not a chance you are going to do it without giving away your position. So they are all running round bat sh*t crazy while you can sneak up and tranq them, literally 9m away broad day light and they can't see you? What's really great though is that every now and then one of them will start firing at your exact position, but it doesn't give the reflex warning you know the one that indicates they have spotted you, but better yet the attack chopper on more than one occasion locked my exact position while I was under cover, opesn fire with no reflex warning and kills me, but here's the real fun part, the second one enemy knows where you are EVERY single enemy knows where you are, to the point where I shot the guy who spotted me, ran in to a building hid and then had not only 3 guys who had not even seen me run to my EXACT position but I had a gun on a fixed gun turret firing at my exact position within the building, he literally tracked my position as I moved around inside the building despite not being able to see me.

Eventually get to Skull Face, I am then treated to five minute drive to the location of metal gear, half of which is some bollocks about him wanting to wipe out English speaking the other half some James Bond style music number which ends with a fade out anyway, they could have just had him talk bollocks and then done the fade, what the hell was the James Bond musical bullsh*t about.

Oh and it get's even better the fight with Metal Gear or Salahandrapolisefddhhfsupercallafrangalistic or whatever bo**ock load name this Metal gear has is tedious, like EVERY other boss fight this game has, run around for five minutes firing rockets at him then hope that the last five minutes of the fight you some how manage to not get hit by one of the forty insta kill attacks the f*cking thing has.

The stories pants, I mean tedious beyond tedious, the core game play on the surface seams fun but it's clear the enemy and sneak mechanics are massively broken (especially compared to older MGS games) and the boss fights from old have been replaced by a series of run round like a headless chicken firing as much ammo as you can at the target events. (The older games used pattern attacks, ok it meant once you learned the pattern the fights became easier but at least their was a process and structure to it.) The game has seriously outlived it's fun factor.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/en/news/day30.php5

and

https://www.vg247.com/2015/10/06/me...-is-live-along-with-a-paid-insurance-service/

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Might be worth re-installing it then. :)

12. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    MGO is not out for PC till 2016, right?
    Even so, anyone playing MGO on consoles? How is it?

13. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I dunno, sounds boring. :p Fallout4 where art thou?

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Looks like the update is out, game now shows as version 1.04 when booted up and there's a number of new research projects available for high-end equipment, also has a number of new notifications such as how they have started to take action against file modders and online cheating by restricting online interactivity and other actions if necessary.
    (Including reverting or outright deleting the invalid data.)

15. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Love the pay to win model that is growing in the background in this game, you can now use MB coins to cover your FOB invasions as well as use MBs to insure items and equipment on your own FOB.

The whole FOB thing is weird, the info screen at the start seems to be next to useless at giving you ANY intel ABOUT what to expect. You jump in to an FOB that the stats say should be hard to find that you can reach the core without seeing a single person, then you enter an FOB that looks like it should be easy to find a guard, with helmet, full body armour, rocket launcher and flying drones round every corner.

16. deets75

deets75 Guest

I just read that here:
    http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/201...urance-is-the-worst-kind-of-microtransaction/

sod that konami, I am done with your BS.

17. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Playing on PS4 and IMO the GFX are better than TW3.
    This game is a FU#KEN masterpiece!

A true Masterpiece Really!
    There isn't 1 game on there as good.

http://www.ign.com/games/reviews?platformSlug=ps3,ps4&sortBy=score&time=5y

It's better than anything on PS4!
    MGS5>AnyGame

AI of your dog is amazing.

Online i tried a little and it seems good but i will wait for more maps and updates sense i'm loving the SP game.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks for the heads up.

I was opted into the beta patch (v1.006 I believe) and, for some reason, the game does not install the latest official patch and therefore the build was showing on the title screen as v1.02 and I was told that I had to update the game in order to access the online features during the loading screens.

I had to opt out of the beta at which point the game then proceeded to download patch v1.04 as confirmed on the title screen when I load the game. Very confusing as other games automatically opt out of betas when the final patch is released.

19. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I gave in and bought MGS:TPP PS4 purely for its online mode, I've been watching streams of it and it looks awesome! It's here tomorrow! :banana:

20. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Don't read unless you have reached Mission 40.

So what's with the unneeded torture scenes this game seems to keep throwing at you. No really. There's several scenes where you torture Emmerich, even though he's all but given in right after you extract him, but you continue torturing him. Now I've just done a scene where, after fighting side by side with Quiet and having reached a 100% Bond level with her you get one of your underlings to torture her for information that could have been obtained just by walking up to her and asking, it just seems... well it'd trying for gritty when their is no need for it. It tries for gritty by having several torture scenes but then introduces child soldiers that you can't kill. The game really is all over the place with it's narrative.