AMD Catalyst 15.9.1 Beta Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by OrionCheung, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Martin.v.r

Martin.v.r Active Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1200/1500
  2. CCoR-

CCoR- Active Member

GPU:
    AMD ASUS Strix RX580 8GB
    Nice beastly scores. Once you do find the 1046 drivers, please post link here!!

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Thats insane. Its fast as 290 stock.

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yup, ran FireStrike last night (installed 15.9.1 driver) and got 10 000+ marks.

5. artikot

artikot Guest

GPU:
    R9 295x2
    [​IMG]

I was wrong, seems that they are roughly the same, above is my best run out of 3. In other 2 I got 10550-10650.

HERE is the link to 1046.2 - they were only published through WU

I'm going back to 15.9.1 as draw call test shows much lower mantle score - I play bf4

6. CCoR-

CCoR- Active Member

GPU:
    AMD ASUS Strix RX580 8GB
    Oh ok thanks anyways. Any input for best drivers on Windows 10 for games that run using Unreal Engine? Anyone have any input? Specifically DirectX 9, I play a game called Americas Army: Proving Grounds and want to find the best available drivers for a consisten 122 FPS.

TY

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Try them and find the best one for your system. It's the best way.

8. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    VSR/GPU-Upscaling broken?

Seems like it's not working as intended anymore, getting black borders now (this was apparent in 15.8 as well) in fullscreen applications, anyone else experiencing this? Or have a solution?

(Might just revert to whql drivers).

9. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Having black borders too, except in Wildstar DX11 where it's fullscreen, strange. Must behave differently on DX9 vs DX11.

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    VSR works for me in FIFA 15 and Shadow Warrior (both DX11), I'll try some other games too to see. W10 x64 10240.

edit: also ok for BioShock 2 (DX10), Amnesia: TDD (OpenGL) and FEAR (DX9). Also upscaling works, 3DMark 11 720p preset scales to fullscreen correctly.

I did have a similar scaling issue with RAGE though with a previous driver (image was zoomed with VSR and black borders with lower than native resolution).
    The scaling problem could also have been fixed by a clean install of W10 I think.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015

11. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It was the first time after many years I saw again the corrupt cursor bug. It fixes itself when you put the cursor on the screen's edge and move it again.

12. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    I have a feeling it must be a profile problem, the actual setting itself in the driver to enable gpu-upscaling keeps on resetting so I have no indication if it is functioning or not or if it's only working in certain situations.

I'll be doing a DDU clean and reinstall of the drivers to see if that solves the problem.

I had a problem some time ago where the mouse cursor and or the text selection cursor became massive, only way I ever solved it was to enabled pointer shadows in mouse properties and this bug has been present in every driver package.

So, without pointer shadows, mouse pointer has a chance to become corrupted or enlarged, with pointer shadows, never seem to get the bug.

I don't think AMD ever fixed the issue, only worked around it.

13. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    A couple of times now, at least, I've had this driver send my pc into a "deep sleep" i.e. I cannot bring it back to life by clicking keyboard or mouse buttons.

First time I've had this bug for many driver revisions.

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    They fixed it once then it came back in the next drivers. I still have it too.

15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Excellent driver for my htpc AMD A-6 3650 LLano APU set up with a 6530D GPU , getting old but still great for i use it for :) , very happy with this driver , no problems to report.

I wish i could have kept my 4x 290X Quadfire set up a little longer to test all this new performance improvements in drivers.

This is my last score of Firestrike eXtreme on that Quadfire set up , good old times has been had with that set up :D http://hwbot.org/submission/2514752..._strike_extreme_4x_radeon_r9_290x_19439_marks

[​IMG]

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yea there seems to be something off then, the setting should stick. Plus I haven't even enabled GPU upscaling and scaling works correctly.
    IMO the display handles the scaling if GPU upscaling is disabled.

There's also that ICT setting, you could try enabling/disabling it and see what happens. Not exactly sure what it is, but when enabled "something" is again handled by the display, not GPU...

17. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Back to 15.7.1, can certainly say gpu upscaling/VSR is buggy in 15.9 however the black border issue is something else entirely, seems to occur in only certain games (happens most often in opengl rendering) :/

18. thesmokingman

thesmokingman Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950
    Was that run with tess off?

19. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I had that problem with a recent but earlier couple of drivers, but 15.9.1 works absolutely brilliantly for me (seems very stable). 15.9 was the exact opposite!

Anyways, there is a workaround for that issue.

• open control panel
    • ensure 'small icons' is selected top right hand corner under 'view by', it makes finding things easier
    • open Power Options
    • change plan settings
    • change advanced power options
    • power buttons and lid
    • if your case has a standby button, select 'Turn off display for it', if not, do that for the power button
    • click through Ok etc.

Next time it happens, if you press it (and maybe move the cursor) the screen should wake.

20. Jtacdf

Jtacdf Guest

GPU:
    290X 4GB CFX (H2O)
    Any peeps using this driver with multi-gpu setup? I seem to be facing problems in getting this driver to work properly in crossfire with any application. Photoshop crashes with TDR, games crashes with BSOD/RSOD even with ULPS off. In the event I do managed to get a game working, I see flicking like AFR. A new installation of Windows 8.1 still does not resolve my issue. Only disabling crossfire solves that issue and the last known driver to work well for me is 15.6 beta.