[RUMOUR] Wolfenstein: The New Order 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I don't play online.

Bores the holy hell out of me. I've tried a few BF games, CoD games... and a handful of other titles with friends that are huge into online gaming.

Same thing happens each time.
    After a few minutes, I find I'm walking (never running) around an isolated area of the map... ignoring everyone else. Just thinking to myself... 'When the hell is this over...'

I get no sense of motivation or drive from online or "competitive" play. I don't play games to beat other people, or get a high score. It's why I think leaderboards are a horrible addition to any game.
    I'm in it for the story. The campaign... that experience. That's what I like.

2. StannieDum

StannieDum Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
    @Damien_Azreal

Oh boy, do I agree with every word of that! The last time I dabbled in MP was way back with Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. What was that, 2002?

Multiplayer gaming is full to bursting of sociopathic children who obviously get aroused by being offensive to other people (when hiding behind the safe anonymity of the internet of course).

Obviously not ALL MP players are like this, but sadly there's more than enough tossers to f**k it up for sane players.

Yep, I'm a single-player guy only. Couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone else's high scores. The only enemies I ever care about are NPCs!!

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    For me personally MP games is the way to go. There is no feeling like a massive battle in MP game (like Planetside 2) where hundreds of players are fighting in huge map a while nothing is scripted.

I find that fun and enjoying.

4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    To each his own.
    But, the goal of "winning" or having the highest score/killcount... does nothing for me.
    That will bore the hell out of me quicker then anything.

I get really excited when a game is announced as a single player only experience. Or when a developer does what Visceral Games did with Dead Space 2.
    EA announced it would have a MP component, and Visceral quickly stated afterwards that fans shouldn't worry.
    The main team was focusing solely on the campaign. While a smaller, secondary team was put together to work on the MP.

The story. Be it serious, campy, horror, action... over the top or a slow burn. That drive, the push to move things forward (and yes, I know the goal in games is to "win" the campaign)... that gets me interested and excited.
    To see where things will go.
    There are some games I play just because they are mindless fun, like Painkiller or Serious Sam. But even then, only campaign... and no coop. I have a pretty particular manor of playing.
    And I've found throughout the years... it doesn't mesh well with others. I've noticed a lot of players in coop like the blaze through the levels.

This annoyed the hell out of me with Left 4 Dead. I played it only with my friends, but... even they were looking for the quickest path through a level.
    Each time, moving through them faster and faster... and me enjoying less and less. I want to take in the atmosphere, really soak up the world, explore... truly experience it. And, personally, I can't enjoy it as well if there's other people all trying to direct the game a certain way.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Lol i still remember when it came out my PC could never run it, always went to my friends home to play it on their dad's Dell PC (Can't remember what specs exactly, but it could run every game on highest settings for couple of years)

A year later or so i got my first decent game PC, and played the crap out of MOHAA and played sh*t ton of rifle only and was very good at it.

In Stalingrad map there was a funny bug called sharking, do you remember that? :D
    There was a ladder in the little building in the middle of the map, you had to jump into it and back off from it.

Tho's were the days that you needed skill and dedication for sure!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  6. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Funny how this thread has evolved into comparing and contrasting multiplayer shooters with single player shooters... might as well be comparing the Skyrim modding scene to Angry Birds.

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Well what do you expect, it's the internet and this is a forum to tell our opinions and point of view.

8. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    What I meant was funny that it devolved into that after Damien and I made some comments about Veteran's less-than-informed opinion on TNO. Just an interesting discussion flow, imo.

You mentioned you have not played this game yet. I'd be interested in your point of view here after finishing the main story.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, ultimately, there's not a lot to discuss in relation to a new Wolf game.

It's either "YAY bring it on!" or "Boo, I don't want another" and then... we wait. To see what really happens.

10. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I do like the fact that it's slated for 2017.

Means they are def not trying to rush it out and capitalize on previous games success.

Must also mean they are planning to pack in a lot of content just like TNO.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I hope they stick with the single player only style. I know some will see that as blasphemy, but not every game needs a MP portion.
    And really, what they did with TNO and TOB, they don't need it. Just continue to polish and improve their abilities with the campaign.

Also, no more Challenge Maps. Those were awful in The Old Blood. I finished all of them, got every achievement. And hated every damn minute of it.

12. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Well at least they should try to invent something nobody has ever done. I grew tired of team DM years ago.

How about a coop mode that can switch to 'IT' on the fly?
    If one of the players goes down he dies but comes back as 'IT' (Zombie/whatever) and hunts down the remaining players. xD

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    You hated every damn minute of it but continued to play, why was this? Why not uninstall it at this point? Or did you finish just to get achievements and to say you had done it?

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Just to be clear, I love The Old Blood. I've played it about... three times now and it's a great addition to the Wolfenstein series.

I hated the Challenge maps they added.
    I played them hoping they would be fun, but, disliked how they were setup. I just didn't enjoy them, it never clicked.
    But, I didn't play them all at once. I finished them... spread out over several days. I would play one, feel bored.. and either go back to the story or play something else.
    I played them all because there have been other games where I disliked one Challenge Map, but enjoyed others. So, I played through each looking to see if any of them would come across as fun.

But, The Old Blood itself was awesome. The campaign was a blast, not as story focused as The New Order was, but larger levels, a lot more action... and it didn't take itself nearly as seriously as The New Order did.
    Great game.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  15. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    :no: :smack:

This is why keeping it simple and not including pointless mp components was, and is the smart thing to do.