Project VF8

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by L4mka, May 9, 2015.

1. L4mka

L4mka Guest

GPU:
    Asus
    UPDATE 11

As you probably noticed, so last week I have had no time to deliver the promised update abotu assembling of pumps :D But it is here, as well as photos of several new and very important things for the functioning of a computer :)

Pumps are ready in case!

[​IMG]

That left only carefully think about where exactly is mounted, fortunately it was not rocket science :D

[​IMG]

Then I traced the mounting holes on the paper and duct tape and drilled ..

[​IMG]

Pumps in place, and with them the first fittings

[​IMG]

There is already a little more fittings :D

[​IMG]

I planned it that here will be rigid pipe, but when I did so a few days "watching" probably would be better to put the classic tubing there :)

[​IMG]

Well, not completely better, but the smoothness appearance. At the bottom of the other tubes were problematic. And I do not want to mix so that the lower part will be classic tubing and the upper part of case will be acrylic pipes.

[​IMG]

It is actually just the replacement of these two connections (four fittings).

[​IMG]

I love the details on all products Bitspower :)

[​IMG]

2. L4mka

L4mka Guest

GPU:
    Asus
    PSU from Coolermaster V1000, I think the perfect choice for this machine. I would like to thank the company Cooler Master, who believed in my projects already some years :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

PSU itself works very well, and his appearance is definitely worth mentioning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An essential part of the resources are obviously cables.. Again, I would like to thank the Icelandic company http://www.IceModz.com for this beautiful, custom crafted, complete wiring for psu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Always I get an extra couple of things .. As various cables and led tapes in great quality. MORE SOON!!! :)

[​IMG]

3. L4mka

L4mka Guest

GPU:
    Asus
    UPDATE 12

Today is the update massacre, in terms of the number of photos :D total 24 ..

I had moved to assemble components in case. The main panel where all the hardware will be installed again, as in the previous project, is removable. I can assembly HW and watercooling easier, and it's just an overall great :)

But first let's look at what I got for this project form ASUS Czech. I want to thank entire ASUS Czech team - not only for this support, but also for other things, projects and so on !! ASUS believes in me since the very beginning, and I really appreciate it :)

[​IMG]

Motherboard Formula VII. P.S. On graphics cards from ASUS will look in next update :p

The main thing everyone notices is definitely a "shield" plates on both the front and rear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Input and output connectivity boards, is more than sufficient. There is technology as IntelEthernet, LANguard, GameFirst III - which are perfect network technology for online gaming

[​IMG]

Detail shield. Board also offers high-quality SupremeFX audio.

[​IMG]

A total of four RAM slots for up to 3300+ MHz frequency (overclocking)

[​IMG]

Without these buttons I cant imagine the board :D really useful things :)

[​IMG]

SATA ports with speed 6Gb / s.

[​IMG]

Tile is wearing an integrated VRM cooler. It is a copper block, so there is no corrosion problems or other problems.

[​IMG]

4. L4mka

L4mka Guest

GPU:
    Asus
    Up to mount !!

The entire panel is composed of two parts, which probably does not have more to describe

[​IMG]

And assembled together

[​IMG]

Reservoirs in place. This is done so that it holds only on fittings (very tight). It took lot of measuring but now reservoirs are assembled without any screws, which to me looks much better

[​IMG]

Fixation is using 90-degree fittings, couplings and bulkheads Bitspower.

[​IMG]

Bottom mount exp.

[​IMG]

As you can see, everything is perfectly precise and clean. Or not?

[​IMG]

Motherboard in place, it begins to take shape. Finally!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The moment of truth, if everything is correct and the board, including its I/O panel sits right ...

[​IMG]

I would say that totally fits exactly

[​IMG]

Thus far it looks like.

[​IMG]

Motherboard has also MPCIE COMBO III, which serves as a WiFi card, but here you can mount M.2 SSD.

[​IMG]

Rear side. Here is the filling port for reservoir.

[​IMG]

Total rear view.

[​IMG]

How do you like it? I'll be glad for all the comments, criticisms, etc. :) MORE SOON!

5. L4mka

L4mka Guest

GPU:
    Asus
    UPDATE 13

Everything will be watercooled, so the RAM :D

The first step is to remove original HyperX heat sink.. Heat gun is best for this!

[​IMG]

Naked HyperX Savage looks something like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then mounted Bitspower heatsink.. Also with new thermal pads

[​IMG]

This new cooler is secured using two small screws and you're done

[​IMG]

RAMs finished with new heatsinks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The panel looks great, but still missing something ..

[​IMG]

..water block

[​IMG]

The last few days I was thinking a lot about the entire loop. What and how. It was not easy, the loop must be simple and above all look good. After X a million options, I found a (hopefully) the best :D
    This is just a small beginning :)

[​IMG]

Even with this project, I follow that everything is all about detail and precision. More very soon !! Again, I will be glad for your comments, criticisms, etc. :)

[​IMG]

6. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    The case came out fantastic! And everything seems to be coming together really well. Love the ssds! Gonna be a monster rig when it's finished!

7. L4mka

L4mka Guest

GPU:
    Asus
    Thanks! I hope final "product" will be as nice as it is now :D It really takes shape!

8. L4mka

L4mka Guest

GPU:
    Asus
    UPDATE 14

On Friday was delivered the last component from the sponsors. A small, but very important!

Many thanks to Intel Czech for sending processor!

[​IMG]

Arrived Core i7 4790K - that's the best thing you can put into the slot in 1150 :)

[​IMG]

My collection 4790Ks again slightly expanded

[​IMG]

The processor includes a 4.0 GHz base frequency of 4.4GHz with TurboBoost. Of course overclocking is a great option due to unlocked multiplier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Processor in place :)

[​IMG]

A little paste directly mounted water block Bitspower ..

[​IMG]

A long time I figured out how to do loop in this part. The priority is, of course, look

[​IMG]

I think I had spent an hour or so. Mainly it had to correspond with the rest of the loop, because the block on the CPU has clearly given, which thread is the entrance and the which is exit. But in the end it worked out nicely and precisely :)

[​IMG]

Thus far it looks like! Next time I promised graphics, cables, circuit etc etc :D By mid-September, it will hopefully be finished :)

[​IMG]

9. L4mka

L4mka Guest

GPU:
    Asus
    UPDATE 15

Finally here are the earlier mentioned graphics and installation :)

Again, I want to really thank ASUS CZ, for all the support that I have getting from them !!

[​IMG]

A pair of GTX970 series Strix cooling DirectCUII, but that will go away :D cards are in absolute silence in idle mode, but also in stress are very quiet.

[​IMG]

The card offers all common today connectors - DVI, HDMI and DP.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The power supply takes one 8pin. Also, you can see the massive heatpipe cooler

[​IMG]

The back is equipped with a cover backplate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mounting blocks is not rocket science :D

[​IMG]

Back

[​IMG]

Front side. It remains only to clean the core paste and apply new thermal grease and mount the new nice block! :D

[​IMG]

Both cards without their DCII coolers

[​IMG]

10. L4mka

L4mka Guest

GPU:
    Asus
    Finally cards and their Bitspower blocks!

[​IMG]

The blocks are delivered with backplate too which looks very classy imo :)

[​IMG]

It really take shapes these days :) but still remains to complete all fittings, pipes and complete the whole loop ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even now I can not wait filling! :D

[​IMG]

The first tube, fittings and the indicator in place. Some tubing takes so much time.., but I want to be in everything 100% sure that I want it and I like it :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the last picture is what it looks like :)

[​IMG]

Do you like, dislike? Thanks for your feedback!

11. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    Beautiful

12. L4mka

L4mka Guest

GPU:
    Asus
    Thanks!! :)

13. L4mka

L4mka Guest

GPU:
    Asus
    Thank you!! :) More will be very soon :p

14. L4mka

L4mka Guest

GPU:
    Asus
    UPDATE 16

Probably one of the last updates before filling water into the loop and the first turn on the computer

The entire loop is complete, only remain to mount this "unit" in the case and connect the cables, etc.

[​IMG]

The winning tubing of the water loop on the CPU block :D This part took most of the time

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The view from the back side or away from SSDs

[​IMG]

Complete the circuit. Great satisfaction for me

[​IMG]

A view from another angle - from the front of the chassis

[​IMG]

Backside and a bit of cable management

[​IMG]

Input from the bottom, from pump and the radiator back into the upper part respectively. blocks, etc.

[​IMG]

Withers, who will be very handy both during filling and especially when draining the circuit

[​IMG]

The output from the expansion tank leads naturally straight down into the pumps

[​IMG]

Fittings, so you can easily dispense with the push of air. One is only for decoration

[​IMG]

Again, I would be glad for your comments :) Next time about filling the loop :p It's not much to shoot

15. L4mka

L4mka Guest

GPU:
    Asus
    FINAL PHOTOS

Here! The finished project :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you like it? :) Thanks for all the support and comments from you!

16. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI
    nice job,looks good.
    i would buy a case like this :D

17. L4mka

L4mka Guest

GPU:
    Asus
    Thanks man! :D