RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Wish JapAMD would come back to this :( Raptr while I do like it takes so long to patch/update or add features...

AMD I feel should have just taken this project on...

Call for anyone out there to take this project on under new name WE NEED IT!

2. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I don't know what you mean by force refresh rate?

Do you mean enabling v-sync via RadeonPro?

Anyway here's my Fifa 15 thread. Still applies to Fifa 16, as I am using mostly the same settings:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=398695

Note: Most of the settings here are aesthetic and not necessary, but no harm in trying them for yourself.

Edit:

Make sure radeonpro is running in 32/64Bit. At the bottom right corner of radeon pro, keep clicking on 32bit until you see 32/64Bit.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  3. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    On Fifa 14 the game would default to 60hz even if you have 120hz monitor. But on RadeonPro you can use Display refresh rate 120hz and that would make the game use 120hz.
    But sadly since Fifa 15 and now 16 that option dont seem to work with RadeonPro anymore so the game now locks to 60hz only even on my 144hz monitor.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  4. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Your videocard is powerful enough to run Fifa 16 @ 120FPS+ I guess... alright try this...

Go to Origin and double click the game, then click game settings instead of entering the game:

Turn MSAA OFF
    And Choose No Limit on fps under Frame Rate options:

Then go to RadeonPro scroll all the way down on the Visual tab and Tick (enable) V-Sync and set it to Always ON

Then go to tweaks and under Direct3D Tweaks - put VSync Control Always ON

That should allow RadeonPro to do Vsync based on your Monitor Refresh rate, and not lock the game to 60FPS because of FIFA Settings.

So you'll have both 120FPS or 144FPS depending on your refresh rate and you'll also have vsync on through radeonpro

5. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Tried all that mate, No limit on FPS, vsync etc but am locked at 60fps and when I look on my monitor information setting it says am running 2560x1440p@60hz

Just wish they would give us the option to enable 144hz in the settings. RP used to work but because its now out dated or maybe because am running windows 10 reason it dont work am not sure.

6. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Are you using VSR? or is that your native monitor refresh rate?

I am on Windows 10 too. I'll try to overclock my monitor to 62Hz and test if the game goes over 60FPS.

7. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Native res and refresh rate BenQ XL2730Z Freesync

Thanks

8. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Okay I am using my TV as my monitor and adding the new refresh rates to CRU doesn't seem to work with the TV. Used to work the Monitor before.

Yes, I did restart. Hope someone else can test and see if they're having the same issue. But I can guarantee you that I have ran FIFA 15 @ 65FPS on the same resolution with my Catleap Q270SE OC'd to 65Hz before.

9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    monitors have a different type of scaler in them, they tend to be more flexible.

10. algeeba

algeeba Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD 4870 1gb
    Hello.

Hope someone can help me out here. I have been using ATI Tray Tools for all my games but wanted to try out RadeonPro to compare its features. As I am still on WinXP, I am trying out RadeonPro 1.1.0.6 which is apparently the last version to support WinXP.

When I start up RadeonPro I don't see SSAA anywhere but it does have Adaptive. My card is an HD 5870 on Catalyst 14.4 so it does support SSAA and ATI Tray Tools and CC show it and it works. I set up a game profile, tweaked the settings with highest AA + Adaptive Quality and can see the difference in the lack of SSAA. To me, Supersampling should be where Adaptive Quality is.

I went to the game's XML file and noticed that "ASE" has a default value of "xxx" and, if I remember correctly, stays with that value no matter what I do. Now, once I manually change that value to "1" and play the game, SSAA is definitely working, of course with "ASD" and "ASTT" set to "1" as well.

So, how can I make the Supersampling appear in RadeonPro so that I can enable it like I can the other features. I don't want to be going into the profiles to be changing manually. I have seen screenshots of 1.1.0.6 showing Supersampling. Oh, and Morphological Filtering is also grayed out.

Thanks for any help.

11. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    Question about the use of RadeonPro: Do I need to make a profile for every game I want to use with RP, or is just setting the global settings enough to use the settings of RP in every game I launch?

12. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I guess you could, but you should really make a profile every time. If the profile doesn't work, you should also launch from within RadeonPro.

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i make a base profile that i use for every game (dynamic vsync, triple buffering for example), and use that for global, and just add the "extras" on the individual profiles.

14. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    I had to disable RP for apps that don't have a profile because it was killing madashiVR otherwise....

15. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    If you mean MadVR, it's working just fine here. (Windows 10, Cat 15.10).

16. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    yes, madVR. It can work but I need to disable certain things that I would rather not have disabled. When it's setup the way I like it (honestly, I forgot which particular options where clashing with RP) it didn't work. Besides, adding a profile is easy, I don't need RP to be "global".

but hey, I just wrote about my experience. I am in no way saying how others should use it. ;)

17. realmadrid

realmadrid Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050 TI MSI OC
    assassin creed syndicat crash at startup any helps i want double vynsc

18. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Are you using RTSS?

19. realmadrid

realmadrid Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050 TI MSI OC
    no i dont use rtss :wanker:

edit:crash caused by pagefile disable now it work

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  20. derpyQ

derpyQ Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950 3GB
    Radeon Crimson is now setting FQS to 1 on DX9 titles by default (only tested one game). RP settings don't seem to interfere.

Crimson is also meant to be able to set FQS for DX10 and DX11 titles. Could RP interfere? Could it suddenly work now?

Edit: Take it back, RP just wasn't disabling API monitoring properly. New driver still has default FQS of 3 on the game I tested.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.