AMD Catalyst 15.9 Beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Confirmed. Resizing any window will fill up Vram in seconds. What a nasty bug, going back to 15.8.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  2. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

:D I don't have this issue with DWM disabled, classic theme on Win7 x64//w8 a sec
    FF on YT fills up vram instantly, but it comes back to 'normal' after closing FF. Weird:D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
  3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I was going to install these today, on Win 7, but i think i'll hold off for now.

4. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    You have an issue that is not related to this driver. Can't reproduce this no matter which and how many windows I try to resize including using game windows.

See next post maybe it has something to do with it.

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Just because one person on one type of card and OS doesn't have an issue, doesn't mean a whole lot of people on another card and different OS can't therefore possibly have the issue.

Regardless of anything else, this driver is bugged for me, bugged for other people as well. Best thing to do is report it via the AMD form properly.

6. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I am not have any issues with this driver nor previous ones.

PSA HOW I UNSTALL AND INSTALL GPU DRIVERS

1. Download new Driver package (note if your on Windows 10 download WUshowhide tool from MS)

2 Run DDU with admins rights.

3 restart into Safe...let DDU do its thing.

4 restart...(only needs to do this once on win 10 as far as I know run wushowhide tool hide AMD drivers)

5 install new drivers

6 restart

7. when CCC starts and needs your attention ...hit go and close it

8 restart once again.

9. DONE UNLESS CROSSFIRE

10 if crossfire..run regedit and search for enableulps modify all values from 1 to 0 just in enableulps (ignore enableulps_na) hit f3 and keep searching (there is an additional entry in win 10)

11 reboot

/edit maybe we should sticky this on how to install drivers...if someone will write it better them me...but seems lots of people (no offense) still do not get how to install the GPU drivers nor the importance of the install being clean,

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    We know how to install the drivers.

Im telling you...i opened GPU-z (monitoring Vram) and resized Total commander 2-3 times only, Vram jumped from 0.2GB to 1.5GB and rising.

Im already on 15.8, 70mb usage and staying there. 15.9 is broken.

8. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Are you using Win 10...I have had issues with GPU-z in win 10 for a while now...try using HWinfo64

9. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Well lets use a little reasoning here...if it is only in Total Commander then that would tell me there is an issue with the game or a specific issue with you system. Just saying it garbage with out any more info then that is useless for any us trying to test or even help you.

I guess I could say since in Skyforge crossfire just does not work that means all drivers are garbage and do not work...it is an amd issue..but in fact is a game engine issue. In a MMO I play Neverwinter Online I have to edit my neverwinter config files ...but once again this a game issue not AMD.

As to your GPU-Z issues I have to manually edit my registry and change all enableulps to off to have any chance of my GPU-Z displaying correctly. Afterburner etc can no longer do it right...additional registry entry.

10. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Getting a lot of issues with flash heavy web sites in IE11/ win 8.1...CTDs also. Reverting back to 15.8

11. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    What are some the sites?

12. Mooby29

Mooby29 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@1150/1500mhz
    Same here, the Vram gets filled within minutes. Edge will be more and more laggy till the driver crashes. Assetto Corsa crashed after a few games yesterday.
    Logging out and in on Windows fixes the problem till it comes back few minutes later.
    These drivers are garbage. But since they're betas, I guess we can't say AMD is full of ****.
    Anyway, back to 15.8 beta and their Assetto Corsa artifacts. :)

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Installed 15.9 last night (W10), played Witcher 3 for 3-4h no problems, smooth i can say.

Then today i came here and noticed windrunnerxj post about Vram leak and tried to see if its true so i put it to test. I also noticed that idle Vram usage on 15.9 is quite higher than on 15.8.

Its not only total commander, any program resize will do it. Like i said, im already back on 15.8 and all problems are gone.

14. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    u-tube, nexus mods, riotpixels, funnyordie, etc., etc. ...even guru3d behaving

15. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega

Sorry I need specific urls to be able to see this not general. Otherwise it not the same. I am trying to duplicate it.

Aside note...I am seeing different GPU memory usage depending the browser used. IE if I use edge it gives up the memory the most...IE is bad....and Chrome is inbetween...

Certain browsers are claiming GPU memory and not giving it up when you close them.

Open IE close and reopen and your GPU memory keeps climbing up.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thanks, im definitely holding off then, and welcome. :)

17. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I need to apologize to Undying....I went with what are the normals causes...your right/...I was not.

Here are the results when opening browsers...not sure about games.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Not just a browser issue...but 3dmark does not give up the GPU Vram either...

19. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
  20. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I'm suspecting they merged changes from another branch and it didn't work as expected. In any case these things happen! NVidia have had their own issues with Windows 10 as well. I think by the time Redstone (a major Windows update coming out next year, TH2 is considered minor) comes out it will be a great OS and we'll probably have good drivers too. Of course, still supporting Windows 7 and 8.1 might seem good, but it does triple the testing. They'd be better off in a few months having a pure Windows 10 WDDM 2.0 driver and a legacy Windows 7/8.1 driver released separately and maybe only every couple of months for businesses etc. Now, Windows 10 still supports Windows 7/8.1 display drivers, so the legacy cards can come under this driver. Some may think this is a stupid idea, but they're just the ones holding out on Windows 7/8.1. My solution is workable and would actually benefit everyone. Well, maybe a little less for those still sticking with Windows 7/8.1, but they can't have everything.