Rainbow Six Siege Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by (.)(.), Dec 5, 2014.

1. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    I thought this too but it turns out (this is from the Alpha page, so I'd expect the same rules to apply to the Beta):

Can I discuss, capture and publish my own gameplay content?
    Yes! We want to be as transparent as possible and let people freely share their experiences during the Closed Alpha. We encourage you to stream, post videos and discuss your thoughts publically. However, please always keep in mind that this is a work-in-progress product and that you are likely to experience issues that will detract from your experience. We are using this testing period to better identify those issues and correct them for the launch of the full game.

As the game runs in 60 FPS and 1080p, in order to provide the best experience possible to you and your audience, we highly recommend you to follow the previously mentioned PC requirements. We also recommend a minimum internet broadband is of 10Mb download/2Mb upload for this exercise. This way, you will avoid frame drops and lack of processor resources, whether you try to capture for VOD or livestream.

We recommend that you stream the game in full HD (1080p) and 60 FPS. If you do not meet the suggested configuration but still want to share your experience, please advise your viewers that what they see is not representative of the final quality of the game.

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-195800-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

I'll be posting a video later today. :)

2. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Well its much better than the first alpha that's for sure and can be fun when you have 2 equally skilled teams.

3. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    MP only games are half a game, imho. It should be $30.

4. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Well, I won't argue the price issue, but I will say that the Terrorist Hunt bots are actually quite fun. Even on Normal (easiest of 3 modes) they are better then any AI bots in previous games. Lone Wolf in particular is a nice challenge actually.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Yeah, i can't stop playing Terror Hunt, it's really good. :D

I agree on the AI, they're very good.

6. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Ugh.. That may be the ugliest interface ever. It looks like Mario kart. Please tell me that's the default icon set only for when a controllers plugged in....

QFT

The problem is the market for 'realistic shooters' got maxed out about 5-6 years ago, and eventually turned to gimmicks (every CoD after BO1, less so with BF). Clearly, the genre needs a new spark.

More truth re: RVS. BUT ALSO...

If anyone remembers, Ravenshield was pretty much the last mp shooter that did team deathmatch right. ROUND-BASED no respawn. Meaning you played 10 rounds per map, 8 v 8, and if you died early, you had to watch the rest of that round cycling thru teammates. Why CoD went away from that and in turn killed the tension of that great game mechanic and lowered the overall required skill factor for mp gaming, I'll never understand.

With 30 diff game types the standard now, I fear it's dead and buried.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  7. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    I remember.
    My clan and many others played that game exclusively.
    My clan as did others ran our own servers. Not rented either. Hosted by us. Remember when you could do that? When games gave you the server package?
    Some epic clan v clan battles.
    Also.
    None of this having to rank up to get the good guns.
    Everything was available to all. Set your kit. Ready up. Let the game begin.

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I know right? CoD was so much better back in the day, CoD1 and UO, it wasn't a game you could just jump into and expect to be good.

You really needed to learn the weapons and recoil.

9. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
  10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Need a Beta key? Pm me. Not gonna play new Rainbow ****: Siege.

11. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I have a second beta access key that just arrived in my inbox. If anyone wants to try it out send me a pm on these forums. The Beta was extended until Oct.1 so there's a few days left to play. The download is just under 7GB, so it won't take long on any kind of Cable/fiber connection.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Chill out. :p

13. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Anyone got a beta key for the SP campaign demo? Can't wait to see Angela Basset as the new team lead giving orders to John Clark and Ding.

/sarcasm

Nice vid, and honestly, it doesn't look bad... the problem is (and it's a major problem), that can't be ALL there is.

Is there going to be a straight up Team vs Team deathmatch mode? The bomb detection/hostage rescue 'gametype' gets old fast. I would almost assuredly not even bother with it... IF there was regular team DM.

You talked about "tension"... but 2 things tell me there will be NO tension at all in this game:

1 - the very short allotted time per match. That means lots of draws.
    2 - reviving dead teammates. Huh? How does that sow tension? (I know that was not shown in this vid)

Add to that, no campaign. Which has to, HAS TO chop the full price of this at LEAST in half. $25 MAX for a 2 mode mp sim that has minimal realism tied to a hokey (from what I see) unlock/rewards system.

I really don't care if the game excels in the traditional fps areas such as the feel of the guns, or realistic damage modeling. We already know Ubi can get that stuff right. It's the overall scope of this thing that shocks me. I just don't see anything here that I'd personally want to play for longer than 15 minutes and I can't believe there's nothing else included. If this is it, it's a definite Pass. No question. And I love this franchise like it was part of my family.

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Nope.
    Full on $59.99 for this "game". And I mean really, how well do they really expect this to do?
    TitanFall and Evolve have both pretty much faded into the gaming background. Already.

And then Ubisoft give R6 fans this? And given their less then amazing history with PC releases lately.... meh.
    But, yeah, 60 bucks for a MP only coop shooter that is built around tactics and teamwork. I felt so much fail in that sentence I actually felt a bit sad typing it.

15. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    And yet there will be people who pay that full price and come on here to defend this thing once it's released.

16. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I imagine this will be a big seller ..... on G2A lol :D

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It's their right to do so.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    People defend games for being SP only, so nothing wrong with it happening the other way round.

Not that I am a fan of MP only games, but with this and Battlefront both doing it, i can see this becoming more common.

19. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    There are lot of ppl expressing concerns with BF not using the opportunity to create the most realistic looking Starwars SP campaign ever in human history.

Even IGN says it's sad this is MP only.

20. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Yea, but Battlefront will apparently ship with more than 1 multiplayer gameplay mode.