[RUMOUR] Wolfenstein: The New Order 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    idTech5 is full OpenGL.
    The OpenGL/DX mix was all Tango. They used the engine because it was free for them to do so. But, they had to rewrite almost the entire thing.
    The renderer, lighting, physics... they retooled almost the entire engine.

It's part of the reason why performance is so low in The Evil Within.
    By rewriting the lighting engine they were forced to remove MegaTextures. As the MegaTexture uses pre-baked lightmaps. And Evil Within uses a fully dynamic lighting engine.

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I'm guessing Doom on idTech 6 next year will be just OpenGL 4.5 or whatever, and not Vulkan. That would be unfortunate but likely.

As a result of Vulkan (you could consider this OpenGL 5), current OpenGL is effectively 'defunct'. Remember Vulkan is completely different to OpenGL, and is essentially Mantle 2.0. It would be a massive boost to graphics performance, and therefore could make better use of resources for improved graphics.

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Great news, I love the setting and the old school gameplay of the new Wolfenstein games.

4. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Woohoo! Good news if true!

I feel the opposite! New Order was good, The Old Blood was fantastic!

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hopefully using a new iteration of IDtech. Current engine did the trick, but lack of sli support and those textures were really starting to get to me by the end of New Blood.

Though, this is bethesda. They've never cared about texture quality or effcient engines, so i dont expect anything to change with this or Doom.

Heres hoping though....

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Still have to play both new one's, now they're cheap anyways i'll buy both soon.

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I thought the graphic in new order was great and the gameplay for a while but i got bored of it fast and uninstalled it after around 4 hours. Nice graphics though and iron sights.

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    While I can kind of see why some people dislike idTech5... the lack of SLI support, locked at 60fps and not offering options for higher refresh monitors.

It does offer solid performance, and great gunplay.
    And, I personally love the look of RAGE and both Wolf games. Yes, they may lack detail in the textures, but the overall image is stunning (specially in RAGE) and at times, really does give it a kind of concept art/hand drawn feel.

How will idTech6 be? Chances are... not much different.
    id Software commented in a video from E3 that they were targeting 60fps in Doom for consoles, and it being a big feature in idTech6. So, unless the PC side offers other options... it'll continue that path.
    But, so long as the "feel" of the engine remains, I'm sure I'll love Doom and whatever future titles come to Wolfenstein.

Because, I don't care how great a game looks... what features or abilities is has. Because in the end, it's far more important how the game plays and feels. And idTech5 absolutely nailed that.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The thing i've noticed with Idtech5, is that the higher the res, the less of an issue those textures become and the game seems to get better and better looking. Most games when you the rez simply make things look clearer/sharper (obviously), but idtech5 just goes to different level.

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah the graphics was nice i just found the whole pop and and fire, rinse and repeat a little boring to do over and over again :)

11. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    das ist gut

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The possibility of a sequel has finally made me take the plunge and buy The Old Blood but I'm wondering is the game better optimised than TNO was because I had some issues getting the game to run as I'd have liked?

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    For me, both games ran the same and looked equally good. But no, it's not better, the story is definitely weaker, but it's still worth playing if you liked TNO. The challenges are also quite nice, if you just want to go berserker from time to time. :D

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The Old Blood is a bit more demanding as they've upped the texture detail a little, made a lot of the areas larger. And improved the lighting, and added dynamic shadows to certain areas.

But, ultimately, the game ran great for me when I played it on my old 750ti.

15. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Great news if true, though I wonder where they go with the story. The ending of TNO seemed pretty final, regarding BJ.

Maybe they will just remake the original, or some other storyline in actual history (as opposed to TNO's hypothetical)

Not surprising after only 4 hours...

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Did you watch the credits?
    You can hear a helicopter, it sounds like it grows closer and closer.

When asked, MachineGames said "Nothing in the game it there by mistake." The helicopter sound it there on purpose.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah, and besides, the story possibilities are quite endless, they can pretty much rewrite history, put in more crazy inventions and nazify 60s-70s period etc. I always waited for movies with such a theme, but I guess it will never happen, for several reasons.

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ive played enough games over 35 years to know whether my interest will hold early on. 4 hours was enough for me to decide, any longer and i would have went totally insane with the "rinse and repeat mechanics".

New lick of paint with the same room etc, which is even more so with FPS game especially WW2 ones. There is a good reason why this type of genre disappeared from production a few years back.

19. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I'm still waiting for the 1st openworld WW2 shooter where you can arrive on a big island and begin fighting anywhere you see fit while jumping into any vehicle you want GTA-style.

20. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    GREAT news!! I loved the New Order and the Old blood. Both were an awesome ride!