Recent Nvidia Drivers are the cause of your hitching/stuttering in games.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by snight01, Sep 14, 2015.

1. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
  2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Can all of you who have stuttering try setting prerender frame limit to 1 and see if that helps? Especially if your problem is with TW3.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    is this IRQ part? If yes then agree it started more recently, think around r350+.

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Indeed, funny stuff.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Interesting insight, snight. :D

6. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    i think taking a nap between these extreme testing sessions would tone down the conspiracy angle though :p

I get that it's frustrating to have issues, but there's no conspiracy here by Nvidia, and not everyone has the same exact issues as you.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It would also saved him a crap load of typing by just saying..
    "for my system 347.25 is better for MGSV"

I personally get identical performance with every new driver in MGSV, the only issue i've managed to duplicate was in BFBC2 and that was fixed with a rather random resolution change.

8. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Well wtf then. I thought we had a clue with us all having 970's, but I guess not. What are your guys's power options in Windows set to? I'm using the high performance base but with CPU throttling set to 5%. Audio equipment and drivers?

9. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Wow.. You know I got the same reaction with cry engine and the frame drops on another forum. I suspected there's a issue somewhere with the drivers from Intel and everyone pretty much said

something was wrong with my system

Upgrade my stuff

I'm talking crap

Disable c states, enable hpet or disable

And the best one yet.. not getting any problems. It's just my system.

Anyway I continued to dig deeper and found out it's the mei driver specifically the access driver for cryengine and other games.

Suddenly Theres a positive spin on the situation and im the "user" that figured it out.
    There's a huge issue with Nvidia drivers and it's making performance worse than better yet I'm being trolled for it.

Anyway take it easy people I'm out

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nobody is saying anything wrong with your system, nor is anyone trolling you.

We all know all PC's are different, that is why we prefer them over consoles, but if we cannot duplicate the issue on our own system then it's not an issue for us, what would you want us to say??

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

It will always be the most die hard nv fans calling you out, mostly those with newer gpus working fine atm, but hey its not so green there either.. GM204 is very problematic chip, just like any mid-range perf chip in the past, GF104/114, GK104..
    Its always 970GTX users that are complaining the most about stutter, just like in the past with GK104 chip at numerous driver threads or even further back GF104/114 users.

GK110 is a hit and miss atm, I can't comment on MGS5 but MadMax runs fine on GK110, while GM204 seems to have some trouble again.. 1sec stutters and what not.

btw about IMEI, its ok with newer driver here too e.g. Ryse of Son of Rome, as long as I keep old IMEI 11.0.0.1144 extra stuff in it that's missing in newer IMEI package.

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I still don't see how the extra stuff from the 1144 package is doing literally anything whatsoever.

Also, I didn't think GK104 was bad; my 680 never gave me any problems. And it's not like every single game ever is stuttering on the 970, it's just a few here and there, and in a very odd and specific way. It's almost like the frambuffer is just emptying itself due to a bug, making the card redraw the entire frame.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It wasn't bad, the * 04 thing is an obsession he has for several years about cards he has never owned, so absolutely zero first hand experience.

I never base anything on others findings, i just don't trust them.

14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    People with R9 290 also have this ''stutter'' issue(You can see them posting in Steam forums), so no, it's not the GTX970.

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Had 2 680's no problems except they were 4gb cards that would tank performance loading up all the vram. First hand experience.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Memorian
    Is this AMD or nvidia driver stutter thread? But ok go defend your gpu. Which brings me back to my point with my earlier statement.

And look who all replied again after I posted that, defending it like it was always perfect. GF110 or GK110 was more stable, still nowhere near perfect though, but a lot better then their midget counterparts which rely more on driver then those big chips.

There were a lot topics in the past and I mean a lot even at nv forums, not just here.. That's why I said that and yes ICE even with GK104, stutter timing issues, TDR, same now with newly released GM200 but they kinda fixed it "soon".

@IcE
    I didnt say it will fix all games, but it fixed Cryenigne3 so its not some random BS not doing anything.

But its ok folks.
    Live it love it, its just hardware not worth arguing. :p :)

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    No -Tj- knows more about the GK104 than anyone else on this forum. He is the GPU whisperer when it comes to that GPU. :rolleyes:

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I don't defend my GPU, i won't keep it forever anyway. I just say what i'm seeing.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Yes but it still doesn't say much @ nvidia thread when its mostly certain gpu specific. And this was my point, but ok.

That avatar suits you well. Happy?

ps 139 pages all about GK104 stutter was just a myth a?
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...posts-will-be-deleted-vsync-stutter-discussi/

or mostly 460/560 issues @ 147pages
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...-based-card-that-39-s-locking-up-blackscreen/

and here only 560ti @ almost 70pages..
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...narrowing-down-the-cause-of-reported-issues-/

What had all in common, yeah they weren't high-end chips like GF110, GK110 less prone to driver issues, they still are but at least half of that..

Don't be so full of it. :rolleyes:

And I will stop now, I agree with snight01 completely on his last reply, I just had to back his statement up.
    Bye.

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    tj give it a rest man. It's just hardware, no sense in arguing about it right?