HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. inkscape

inkscape Guest

GPU:
    MSI N760 TF OC 2GB
    Performance is crap with that flag as well.

2. demon_firefox

demon_firefox Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 (1180, 3300)
    Hi pedigrew!

Could you please provide a few screenshots? I just tried both flags in Medieval Warfare and Deadliest Warrior and they both work (mostly) fine. Flickering just occurred once while bleeding wasn't visible at all.

However, HBAO seems to produce artifacts (black horizontal lines) in combination with driver forced SGSSAA: example. Downsampling might be the better choice then.

3. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    This is of course slightly off topic, but does the AA fix have any impact on the banding issues?

4. demon_firefox

demon_firefox Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 (1180, 3300)
    Nope, unfortunately not :(
    The AA Fix didn't help in any game suffering from HBAO banding so far. Only lowering the AA factor seems to reduce it, 2x SGSSAA seems to be a good tradeoff.

5. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    That's unfortunate then, so i guess we dont have any solution for bf4 ATM.

Here, the water bleed happens occasionally and depends on the camera angle to happen, but the real issue is the flickering, unfortunately it happened in all maps i've played so far. :(

6. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Perhaps this is a problem with the AA flag. Maybe we can come up with a work around?

If not, perhaps 2xSG with DSR.

Also: I wonder if the flickering issues might be because of the resolution and aspect ratio?

Try different resolutions and different ones with different aspect ratios than you are using too.

7. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    Unfortunately the flickering isn't related to AR nor resolution, it's something related to z-buffer or projection matrix i think, strangely this fixed the flickering of "1E" flag for thief: deadly shadows, using this mod somehow did the job, i will try to contact the mod maker to really understand what that option does to change the flag behavior in that specific game.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  8. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Well just saying based on my experience. It HAS sometimes been fine with one resolution but not fine with another. Or a certain AR

9. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    Great News! Using those exact same variables in Deus Ex: Invisible War have completely fixed the flickering/angling issues that I've reported earlier, and since the "03" flag doesn't showed any issues other than that, it will probably result in a perfect solution for this specific game, will make a proper post tomorrow. Thank you so much lowenz :banana:

10. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    "03" for TDS too? Or only for DXIW?

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Any hope for Fifa16 or is it likely to go the way of 14/15 and not be compatible? Any flags to suggest I try in Fifa16? :)

12. demon_firefox

demon_firefox Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 (1180, 3300)
    I've played a few minutes with the "20" and "30" flags. The occlusion flickered rarely and I couldn't notice any bleeding o_O. [20][30]. Might be due hardware/software/config differences, i don't know.

Nope, doesn't work either. Sorry :(

Great finding! :cheers:

Have you tried the FIFA 15 compatible flag?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  13. Shadow Warrior DX11 HBAO+ flag

Hello, I found that using the TitanFall HBAO+ flag (0x00110000) for the "Shadow Warrior DX11" profile works, but is subtle in comparison to the in-game SSAO. The TitanFall HBAO+ flag does cause flickering in the Directx 11 version of Shadow Warrior if the FOV is set to its default of 65, but the flickering can be fixed by setting the FOV to 90 in the video options menu. I tested over 200 flag combinations and thought I tested all the predefined HBAO+ flags, but I apparently did not. Also, I noticed that to see some differences I had to get close to walls and objects before the HBAO+ effect showed must be a difference in the depth buffer from the DX9 and DX11 versions, I'm guessing.

- Shadow Warrior DX11 -
    Flag: 0x00110000 (TitanFall)
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||
    General Information: Subtle HBAO+ effect. To prevent flickering set FOV in video options menu to 90 (max). For the Shadow Warrior DX11 (not Windows XP version) profile only.
    Pictures:

0x00110000 (TitanFall) flag (SSAO disabled):
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

No AO:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

SSAO:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Change FOV to max 90 to prevent flickering:
    [​IMG]

14. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Works perfectly! And no flicker unlike last year with GTX770! Much thanks :)

15. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    "03" works for TDS too and doesn't showed bleeding issues like "1E", but produced a more subtle effect, will test that flag again and update the OP if necessary.

Well, maybe Torn Banner can help us with this!? :fuse: I doubt, but i will try to make some contact with those guys.

Good to hear this, can you make a proper post about this title? I don't own the game so I can't do it myself. :)

16. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    - Deus EX: Invisible War -

Flag: 0x00000003

1st Comparison
    No AO
    HBAO+

2nd Comparison
    No AO
    HBAO+

Notes: In order to use the flag, first add "dx2main.exe" to your inspector profile, then navigate to root directory "\Deus Ex Invisible War\System" and open "Default.ini", once inside move to "[Flesh]" section and change the values of both variables "DynVPScale" and "DynVPMinRotationRate" to "100", save, and make it read-only just to make sure, this tweak will remove flickering/angling issues present on the flag. No bleeding issues. Tested with 4:3 and 16:9 resolutions.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  17. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    pedigrew, how do you show in the OSD the D3D version? And which OSD/server setup do you use?

18. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    About DXIW and TDS, "3000" isn't really necessary for dynvpscale :D

StaticVPScale=100
    DynVPScale=100

"100" is "full resolution" :p

IT seems DynVPMinRotationRate do not matter if scale is set to 100.

Really a brilliant solution for a 2003 engine.....dear Unreal Warfare for XBOX :D

19. Nice find pedigrew for Deus Ex: Invisible War! :banana: Do you know if the HBAO+ flag is compatible with Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition?

idk what OSD pedigrew uses, but almost all of them (Afterburner, PrecisionX, etc.) are based on RivaTuner Statistics Server. The D3D version is shown automatically when you check the box to show the framerate/frametime in the OSD. You can even change the info label groups so that RAM and pagefile have separate labels instead of both being grouped into the RAM info label group.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015
  20. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    For Deus Ex, wait for Revision!