Want to upgrade from my two GTX 760's

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Hauler, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Hauler

Hauler Member Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA GTX760 4GB FTW
    I want to get a card that I can SLI, but I want to buy just one right now that would give me more then my two cards do now. I have about 300-350 to spend and I want to keep it in the nvidia family and I would like about 4GB of Vram. I have been looking around, but I don't know what the differences are between the 900 series.

I play games like Fifa 16 (PC), GTA 5, Fallout 4 when it drops, BF 4, Heroes of the storm, and that is all for now.

I would like a card that can run GTA 5 on ultra all settings 1080p and if I get another one I'm sure I will be able to handle whatever Fallout 4 throws at me. For now though is there a single card in my price range with the specs I want that would really allow me to run GTA 5 on all ultra? Thanks in advance.

2. xeph

xeph Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 1480/7200
    shame though, 970 would be good in that price bracket, but i suppose you want to avoid because of the whole 3.5gb scandal, it looks like amd might be only option, 390 is similar priced and has 8gb vram..

3. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Well taking from this page in Hilberts GTX980Ti Lightning review (here) GTA V at 1440P runs at 55FPS average from a GTX970, GTX980 & 380X 61FPS, 74FPS on a Fury X and finally 86FPS on a reference GTX980Ti. So I guess you can take your pick out of those really, although we don't know how Fallout 4 will push 4GB cards so it's something to think about.

Essentially you should be good with any of those up there depending on your budget.

4. xeph

xeph Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 1480/7200
    980ti is 650 dollars, he has 350 dollars.

5. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Yeah i know, i missed that when i read his post. Also why i said ANY of those cards will do it.

6. xeph

xeph Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 1480/7200
    yeah sorry, i didnt mean to sound rude

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The short answer to your question is no. The 970 is basically a side-grade from your current setup.

The only real upgrades for you include the 980Ti or Fury. Both are well out of your price range. My suggestion is to wait Pascal is rumored to drop middle of next year and the upper mid range card of that lineup should be a good upgrade for what you have and be around the $400 mark.

8. Hauler

Hauler Member Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA GTX760 4GB FTW
    Crap. I got stupid and ordered the 970 SSC 4GB card. Next month I will probably add another so I think with all that firepower I should be good. I saw a deal on the card as it is listed at 350 and I got one for 250 new. I thought that I had to pull the trigger as 100 dollars off a card like that is just too good. I was hoping to sell my two cards for around that total so it could be a free card. Iono. Thank you guys for the feedback.

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    No problem. Two 970's will be a nice upgrade from what you have now but a single is a side-grade. No worries though a single 970 is still an awesome 1080p card and the 4GB will be welcome over the 2GB you have now. Don't worry too much about the 3.5GB fodder out there it's way over played than it actually is.

10. Hauler

Hauler Member Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA GTX760 4GB FTW
    Both of my cards now have 4gb a piece.