Nvidia 355.98 WHQL Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by OrionCheung, Sep 22, 2015.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    what what version, its retail game not steam, multiplayer part only. And its latest otherwise I can't play on all servers, well those that are still alive.

So what if it was discussed, it use to be ok not so long ago.. One time back in idk r320 or r340 I had to set 1 frame to render ahead to get rid of flicker, then it got fixed again later.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It's rather weird only FEAR seems to have this issue to begin with. No other UE 2.5 games do. Still, knowing Nvidia, it will likely be fixed by year's end in the next few releases, when a developer gets time to sit down and do it. The Windows 10 madness has them booked, I'm sure.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Fear uses Jupiter EX Engine

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Like i said in my reply to Darren, anything over 1.06 retail or steam has this issue.

Retail 1.0 - 1.6 does not have this problem on any driver set ive used.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    It use to be ok with 1.08 not so long ago. So it doesn't mean anything other then driver issue.

Newer patches were only for MP part.
    http://www.neowin.net/news/fear-108-patch-released

& v1.07
    http://www.4players.de/4players.php/download_info/Downloads/download/45466/FEAR/Patch_107_full.html

I use to play this MP a lot from 2007 until 2012 or so (6600gt, 8800gts, 250gts, 570gtx, 580gtx and now 780gtx), now just time to time and I see quickly when it has driver issues..

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  6. RadioActiveLobster

RadioActiveLobster Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    This driver seems to reintroduce the Windows 10 SLI Memory Leak but that was resolved in the 355.80 Hot-Fix driver.

Using the beta VR driver, 356.04 seems to resolve the issue. Not sure if the Killing Floor 2/other fixes are in that driver though.

7. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    A better question is when are these fixes going to be properly added to the mainline driver so we don't have to keep asking this @ManuelG?

8. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    Installed and tested the driver without a single hitch on GTX970, GTX760, GTX560Ti and GT540M. Windows 10.

9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Who said they were not? Every time this is asked, they are confirmed as being in the WHQL releases. Either you accept that or you continue to imply they are dishonest. Your choice.

10. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G

11. Dellers

Dellers Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti Trio
    I wonder what the problem is these days when it comes to SLI and crossfire. I don't recall having a single issue with SLI before last year, not ever. In 2014 I had issues with most games, and this year has only been slightly better. From 2011 to 2014 I had no problems, and I was running an AMD 4870X2 for a few years before that with no issues whatsoever. For some reason I've been struggling with a lot of games (both SLI related and not) after PS4 and X1 came out.

12. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    It is not marketing it is hardware/software feature that make big fps gains

13. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    FIFA 15 very smooth & silky... guys BSOD usually is h/w issue not NV driver problem.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    No problem installing (just installed on top, no clean install). Still got stuttering in DA:I so it's clearly not nV driver related.

15. Milan

Milan Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 950
    Problem with black borders (non native resolution - stretch picture) still here... Rolling back to 353.62.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Never had crashing nor freezing problems with DOTA2, ever (afaik).

I suppose it depends on what games you play. I suppose that we've played different games since I've had issues with profiles. For example, Batman : AK don't work with SLI (as written in the notes).

17. Esagerao

Esagerao Member

GPU:
    6900xt Red D Ultim
    No issues during installation
    as i always do after regular uninstalling, make a "driver sweaper" deep cleaning
    and then back clean install nvidia drivers again.

No tested yet, anyway desktop 4k 60hz seems ok.

18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    What makes you think the memory leak bug is back? I just took these drivers for a spin and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, but granted I only tested for about 5 minutes..

19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's a marketing name for a part of AMD's GPU architecture (like NVenc in NV GPUs for example). It's not what is giving a "big fps gains" on this architecture though. You are talking about asynchronous compute jobs launches which may or may not lead to performance increase - this is dependent on the workload and an architecture in question.

Stop spreading AMD's marketing FUD.

20. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    does this driver fix the dscaler overlay issue? i highly doubt cz i never heard any update on it from either here (ManuelG - i m looking at you) or the official forums.

will install this tonight and see - right now i ve reverted to the last stable one for me which is 353.62.