Nvidia 355.98 WHQL Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by OrionCheung, Sep 22, 2015.

1. leadsinga

leadsinga New Member

GPU:
    2x evga 9800GX2 QUAD SLI
    Anyone have this issue ... Win 10 64Bit just installed new 980GTX and no matter what I do it always loses surround on boot and I'm back to a single screen in 1024x768!!

Driving me nuts ... just removed my 480SLI to install the 980 and it is no different ... The 3dvision on the 980 is rubbish compared with my 480's ... but the surround bug is driving me made ... any ideas?

Cheers

2. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Should try ublock origin over that resource hog abp.

Best set on win10 so far tho, really like these.

3. Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX-980 Gaming 4G SLI
    OK, disabled ABP and trying uBlock now. Thanks.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    F.E.A.R. (+ Expansion Packs) flickering shadow bug is still not fixed in these drivers. Not that I am surprised but it would have been nice to have seen that fixed considering that these are still really great games (the combat is still as awesome as it ever was IMO), plus endorsed by NVIDIA. ;)

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I somehow doubt that NV will support AMD's marketing term with a driver update.

6. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Yeah, they sadly had to delay it to the october driver. Low priority i guess.

7. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    It will say in the notes if it's fixes, holy crap.

8. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC

Thanks for the tip. I tried extracting with Winrar and got the bsod so had to extract with 7zip and copy extracted folder to target PCs.

I have reported and added to the Kaspersky thread.

:)

9. Juliuszek

Juliuszek Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060/3GB
    I just installed this driver via GeForce Experience without any issues.
    (I just clicked on "custom installation" and "perform a clean install" because I usually do it like this).
    REPORT: desktop in Win10 works fine, without any issues :)
    I am going to test some BF4 - if I do not post anything tonight it means that it is working smoothly and I am busy with testing and testing and testing :)

P.S.
    In my opinion SHARE (former SHADOWPLAY) is an excellent feature!
    but
    Annoying thing in SHARE (former SHADOWPLAY) is that the default shortcut is working also when typing stuff in Windows, and it is impossible to type the Polish letter "***378;" which is a result of RIGHT ALT + Z. I had to change the default shortcut in settings. Well, I can imagine it will cause a lot of confusion and irritation to all those using languages where RIGHT ALT + Z is needed... For most of us it is easy to find those settings and change the shortcut, but for some others it may be a challenge...
    Convenient YouTube upload and cropping/cutting the start and end of the clip is an excellent feature, but there is no privacy settings available, and all clips are uploaded as PUBLIC, despite my default privacy setting for upload in YouTube is UNLISTED... (unlisted works only by default when I upload via browser, SHARE always makes the clips PUBLIC...)
    I did not test SHARE's other nice features yet.

10. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    This is the first issue I have ever encountered.

Edit.

I'm heavily into the demoscene and I need an AV with a VERY low false positive rate. Currently there is simply no other av that can match KIS in that area when it comes to demos.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015

11. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    you are welcome guys :D i will report this problem to Kaspersky forums too

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I get Kaspersky IS free with my online banking, soon as I installed it, it completely killed my net connection dead, there are a load of modules you can disable, but no one specific module would fix my connection, I had to disable like 70% of them to get my net back up, even trying to narrow down which one in particular was causing the problem, I couldn't, I had to disable all 70% for anything to work again

NOD32 for years for me since then

13. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Every driver on this branch post 355.80 has real problems with sli in Skyrim. The frame rate gets stuck at 40fps with vsync enabled. Without vsync the fps is over 80. Why would it be stuck at 40? It's driving me up the wall.

14. Kevin88810

Kevin88810 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    Driver crash and blue screen after instaling this driver

15. Hell-o

Hell-o Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 660 SC 3Gb
    Thanks man it works for me but its really strange what it cause this BSOD and why if we can extract with winrar or winzip this happen.

16. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    No installation issues here or the need for DDU/CCleaner.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This is an issue with the latest steam patch version. Ive both retail and Steam, retail up to 1.06 is fine, install any higher patch and quite a few issues are introduced.

Ive yet to try rolling steam ver back by installing 1.6 retail patch over it (same method for downgrading gtaiv). It may work.

18. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Yet it works flawlessly with 347.25..

Yeah sure right...

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

I have retail Fear combat standalone MP game and its doing the same.

It is the driver.. I remember complaning once with slomo mode and soft shadows, they kinda fixed that, but this shadow flicker is new for sure..

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What version?

If i use any driver going back to 350.12, the issue remains. Its only remedied by using game version less than 1.06.

This problem has been discussed in two prior driver threads withe same conclusion.