The argument level here is getting absurd....

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Chillin, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibitato

ibitato Guest

[​IMG]

this should be the attitude........

2. xeph

xeph Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 1480/7200
    i agree buy a product based on your situation, not on brand... i see people on youtube with silly claims that amd sucks and will increase your power bill dramatically

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    This has become a major issue itself. Some people will keep preaching their opinion, trying to pass it off as fact until others finally agree with them. If they don't get that satisfaction, they simply start attempting to derail the thread.

Others, feel the need to disrupt any thread about a product or company they blindly dislike. Threads concerning AMD products are perfect examples. Some Intel/NVidia users will go into AMD threads just to disrupt them. They offer nothing of value to the threads at all, but feel an incessant need to disrupt every AMD thread that's started. The mods continually allow it to happen....so it will continue to happen and degrade the forum.

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Some people find a brand they like and stick with it. Personally I will only ever buy Nvidia and Intel. I've owned one AMD processor and one ATI GPU in the last 20 years and both gave me headache after headache with issues.

Same thing with WD HDDs. I bought one Seagate drive that died within a year and will never buy anything other than WD again.

I don't have anything against people that buy AMD, their products just don't work for me.

5. xeph

xeph Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 1480/7200
    yes if your experience was bad, i dont blame you, but people shouldnt just buy based on brand, i used to have an fx 6300 without problem. its the people that flamewar because of hardware choices that annoy me... and what were your issues btw?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    AFAIC these forums are the epitome of 'fair'. There are oldtimer gurus on here that get away with a lot frankly, and by now would be banned on other forums easily.

That said, it does appear that these forums have gotten "clogged up" with fanboyism a lot more over the past few years compared to how it was in the late 2000s and early 2010s.

On a more personal note, I really don't understand the fanboyism and how fanatic people get when it comes to brands and devices. Its pretty embarassing actually how much time and energy people will invest to argue about things that are so petty and frivolous.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    See a lot of pops being taken in this thread, a lot of hypocrisy too. I say lock this before it gets out of hands.

Drug threads being started, vramgate enthusiasts parading themselves in this very thread acting all innocent.

A lot of the latest crap is down to kids being on summer holidays. Simple as that.

HH you have a pm. I don't want to be part of this community any more. Bye all.

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Just saw this thread, I was the one who reported the drug thread, wth.
    How many people posting in this pile on thread that have never been infracted?, how about previous banned members?, how about people continuing to call the 970 a 3.5gb card and keep touting the kepler downgrade theory nearly daily? Some people need to look in the mirror.

9. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    I don't understand what the fuzz is, I don't remember if topics about drugs was specifically a no-no in the rules but DMT is legal in The Netherlands afaik.

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    People were already bring up LSD in there. It was inevitable that thread would get closed.

11. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Hmm thats my bad then, I thought guru's pub would be a little bit moore loose on whats allowed to discuss there.

12. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    we have a chillout thread somewhere, maybe we can add some background music to threads where people are reporting disturbances? it would be quite funny though

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I understand what you mean with that mate. Just take abreak from here. :)

Drug thread, what drug thread? Looks like i missed some serious weekend Bull**** posting lol.

Fact is people don't like the truth, the truth hurts remember. My TitanX was not worth the £900 that i paid for it, thats the truth. However im happy with that. Get were im coming from all you whiners lol, take a leaf and all that.

As for the mods i don't think they actually care about people having an opinion, its what makes a forum what it is along with the community.
    Its all the whiners that are the problem "Running to Daddy because somebody said something negative about the hardware that i own and they don't like the hardware that i own".

Pathetic tbh.

Thread shoulda been closed after the first post.

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    how do I say this... okie here it goes:

[​IMG]

15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Just take a rest from the site bud and in a couple of days you will be missing the old 3d gurus....sometimes all it takes is a break, or so my first wife said. Lol

16. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    I see a lot of people doing pretty much what the thread started to be about including a few that have been in on some of the 'better" ones it's hilarious.There isn't that many active forums any more so this one gets a little of everything. I just stay out of the more vocal threads because it's pointless people should just report and stop engaging or you're just as bad and are part of the problem as well and clutter up the thread needlessly.

17. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Weird. I feel the complete opposite.

Hah!

18. mjorgenson

mjorgenson Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW-RX 480
    I think it is really sad that people feel the need to bag on people because they bought a different brand then they did. And if you pay attention to these threads that have been closed, I see some of the people with the highest post counts are peppered in these closed threads. Over and over.

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    nevermind

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I can relate, also not too overwhelmed with my SLI Strix 980s, yet that doesn't mean I would have bought CFX 290s now. At the time I bought them, it was the best purchase I could have taken. Which doesn't mean the 290s are bad cards in all circumstances and by themselves, only that I wanted to go a different route.
    Still it has nothing to do with my opinions in other threads (and about that dx12 stuff and async stuff), which happens to differ from quite a few people's obviously.

What I don't understand, why should the 'infracted' leave a comment here? I'm not sure what they could add to this topic more than anybody else.

Cute :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.