Geforce 355.82 WHQL Driver download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Aug 31, 2015.

1. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i think ur psu no issue. update the latest intel inf & MEI

2. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    Ok, but why install it at all now if it is clear that it is able to cause problems? Or do you give it any use?
    I mean... anything with no practical use that silently installs a browser plugin I would not touch with a barge pole.

3. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
  4. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I have been troubleshooting for over a week trying to fix Witcher 3 with no luck, after 2 or so hours it will start to hitch and drop frames constantly and just become a choppy mess, whereas I have ran Counter Strike and Dying Light for 15 hours each with no such issue. If anyone else is having the same issue please let me know, if it's just the driver and/or game I can stop trying to fix it on my end. Or if you're feeling awesome feel free to stand in the middle of Novigrad and just leave the game running when you go AFK or outside for a few hours, and see if the game exhibits the same symptoms as mine, I'd appreciate it.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    These 355.xx drivers are a major PITA on windows 10 for me. This version has trouble with the fast startup function. Just now I got 6 of these,

Then there are the frequent driver recovered errors and flickering on my TV. I've reverted to 353.82 as it was the last known good driver.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    what browser plugin?

One part of imei did try to access net, but I blocked that.

7. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    been having this problem in windows 10.

having playing a game for couple hours and gpu temps are still fine around 80-85c

one of my gpu clocks would drop down to 324mhz

and then my fps would drop.

but then it gets weird.

because the clock speed would go back up to full and fps returns to normal, but then the other gpu clock speed would drop and fps would stay high. but then when that clock speed returned to normal, fps dropped really low and stayed that way and gpu usage would bounce back and forth on the cards. I had to exit the game.

8. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    It's called Intel Identity Protection Technology. Does it not appear into your list of plugins along with Flash, Java or whatever? May I ask what web browser do you use?

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No plugins after installing MEI driver here in FF, Chrome or IE. No plugins in Edge either obviously. (No difference after installing Intel's MEI driver either. Win10 install some old version by default, it seems that it's doing its job just fine.)

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    This for me too, I use FireFox 99% of the time.
    [​IMG]

btw it wanted to access akamai technologies, some not so far away IP cable provider server (IP range for customers)
    https://www.akamai.com/

11. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    Guess the newer packages don't include the plugin, or it doesn't install on Windows 10, but I still think you guys would be better off without the useless drivers.

12. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070

akamai is CDN services

they provide download servers and software for businesses

microsoft uses them along with some others.

13. ussjtrunks

ussjtrunks Guest

GPU:
    980 / 4GB
    Well this morning I went to boot my pc and saw the screen flashing white for about 30 seconds.I'm on windows 10, i7 5820k, gtx 980, 355.82, I get 180 warnings in event viewer from that period saying nvlddmkm has stopped responding and has recovered.This is worrying as the gpu is only 2 months old is it likely the card is dying or could this be a new driver issue?

14. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    guys, nvidia stated GTX 970/980 use 500W, actually is not true. min requirement 600W is needed.

15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This is a driver issue. Try reinstalling the driver with clean install.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Just picked up the first F.E.A.R. along with its two expansions on Steam last night for under £2 only to find that it suffers from flickering shadows with this driver (sometimes they are fine but other times they seem to switch on and off or flicker wildly). From reading around, it seems that v353.62 WHQL and earlier are fine so evidently NVIDIA have broken something for this game in the v355.xx drivers.

I do not want to rollback either as these newer drivers are optimised for MGSV:TPP and Mad Max. It's not uncommon for NVIDIA (or AMD for that matter) to break something in new drivers but F.E.A.R. carries NVIDIA's The Way It's Meant to be Played endorsement but this is obviously a game they no longer check for compatibility with new drivers. ;)

17. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    FYI I play both MGSV:TPP and Mad Max with 355.6 installed and they run perfect...I don't see any reason to install latest drv.

18. ussjtrunks

ussjtrunks Guest

GPU:
    980 / 4GB
    clean installing 355.60 fixes the issue :D and MGS works with it too so no real need to stay on .82

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well, personally I do not like to be stuck using an older driver when there is a newer one available. Newer drivers contain optimizations and bug-fixes for other games and both MGSV: TPP and Mad Max are listed for v355.82. They may appear to work fine on older drivers but there may a loss of performance or visual bugs, etc, that may become apparent the longer you play.

20. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I was able to fix that by simply installing 355.82.