Destiny

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The shooting mechanics are spot on. The problem I have is that it doesn't last all that long. Depending if you like the social aspect of the end game will be a major factor in how much enjoyment you get. Once you have done everything, expect to grind the same quests over and over.

2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    That was the case until now. Sure it will continue in some sense, but you have to give it to them for trying to make it more variable. Many more bounties and gunsmith orders – not the same ~20 that rotated. Quests for the different classes and factions. Strikes will have changing enemies so they won’t be the same very time. Whole bunch of new exotic gear that you will acquire through quests not by just pure luck for a nightfall or something. Speaking of drops – a revamped drop system that will take into consideration your previous drops (and character class?) so you don’t get the same weapon 10 times and another 0 times. New weapon system in the form of the different manufacturers and reforging system. Lots of new multiplayer maps (I think 12) and modes. The new sub-classes and more stuff I can’t think of now.

So I don’t think it will get repetitive as fast as it did with the previous DLCs or the vanilla game. It sure will at some point, but I find that there is always something to do – that exotic quest you need to finish, or that piece of armour you might change so you improve X stat, or that new drop you got and want to reforge and upgrade and test it in the crucible and so on.

I’m excited you see. Not too much though, so I don’t get disappointed. I said it before – this expansion can be a turning point for me (and many more) so they better get it right. :)

3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    The combat was excellent at first but the game is a universe away from what they've advertised. It's not a dynamic, breathing solar system with many factions, it's just a grind fest without a real story.

You kill stuff to unlock better guns to kill more stuff. And they expect you to pay for DLC to kill different stuff? No way.

Didnt they advertise that differently too? Afair there was a 10 year plan to further enhance the 'dynamic' universe?

I feel this game was a huge letdown.

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    WHY do people keep saying the game didn't have a real story? Ask I the only one who thought the story that was progressed along by the very few cutscenes, plus the dialog from Dinklebot, was adequate? I'm GLAD vanilla wasn't riddled with cutscenes. I don't want Destiny to be like Halo or Mass Effect... A cinematic every 5 minutes to force story elements down your throat that you could have figured out on your own by just playing the game a little more.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Hey, I have over 1k hours in D3, I don't mind if it's repetitive as long as it's fun.

6. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I find myself comparing it to Diablo 3 quite often too. Do bounties, collect materials from the different locations, spend those materials reforging, do rifts or strikes in hope of a better drop. All in all – kill enemies, upgrade your character. Both games with probably the best gameplay mechanics in their respective genres. Story – cool in the cinematics, not so much in the actual game and ultimately just an context for the things you do. Not surprising that I play both games with the same people.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Just one minor gripe with Destiny, the loading times could be shorter :(

8. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  9. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    So Taken King is a stand alone game with all current expansions?
    I sold Destiny within like one or two months of its release, ahha. Is it alot better now? The Light leveling system annoyed me so much, I read they removed that?

If I do eventually get TK, will still have the same character I had the last time I played??:)

10. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Basically yes to all your questions :)

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    So, it's live now, correct? Anyone playing? There was an update this morning when I checked my ps4 before I went to work.

Still only level 16 on my titan though :(

12. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    It is live, yes. Getting off work in a few minutes. Hope there isn’t much to download…

13. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    There isn't. I was worried when I turned mine on at 5a.m. This morning and it took nearly a half hour just to finish the "preparing to download" step, but after that, it seems like it just download like 300MB that wasn't downloaded last week (started at like 17.3GB of 17.6GB)

One thing I already find annoying... I don't know if it's the same with the warlock's void blast, but I find myself hitting a nearby wall or piece of terrain quite often with my hunters void bow.

14. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    So far i'm quite pleased with the new DLC. Story missions are much better now, and even include dialogue and cut-scenes(!). Hitting the level cap from 34 was pretty fast(well i did use bunch of bounties and PE packages after i unlocked the subclass), and Titan's new subclass is pretty damn fun too. And i guess the other 2 classes aren't that bad either, going to unlock them tomorrow probably. I just hope the endgame is good this time, really looking to see the raid this weekend.

15. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Funny thing is... i actually HATE the cutscenes. Yea, they're nice. But I preferred the game without them. It kinda seems like i said it'd be. a few minutes of gameplay, then a minute or two of cinematics in between missions.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i purchased taken king. started game now. but taken king planet is still grey. just credits appears. what that?

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    ok, the robot has something for me. saying i need a new character to use taken king. i level 34 so no go for this character.

also this new Brave Shell. shall i get it for this dude or not? is it one time only? if i start a new character. this brave shell will be here too?

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    in abandoned quests section i found i didnt do level 4 crap main story missions. this explains why iam stack at level 34 and can no progress a sht.

i stopped playing with my level 34 titan and started with level 23 character but i dotn see that robot is giving me KING things quests etc and the new GHOST SHELL or what ever...WHY*-

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i have no idea what iam doing and this game forces you to use GOOGLE wtf man why? no guide at all in game.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i got spark of light to my lvl 34 . how to give it to a new lvl 1 character? ffs help guys u all gaming? or wanking?