Geforce 355.82 WHQL Driver download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I understand what you mean but I didn't mean to be disrespectful or anything to him like "my stuff works fine and yours doesn't rofl, deal with it". My entry was meant as "it works here so it could be something else going on than just the driver?". But if we were 5 people agreeing with him that it doesn't work, the we could assume it's driver related. On the other hand, one "doesn't work" and one "does work" is not enough data to tell anything really.

Just as comparison, my thread with the stuttering I get in DA:I, some guy there said it's most likely the NV driver but in my case it could also be a bad SSD driver, chipset driver or something else causing latency. A third guy might have just the right peripheral drivers installed making his DA:I experience smooth. So yea, that's what we'd need to assess here :)

2. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Event log can tell u many things.

The problem i had with my z523 speakerset also gave me in the event log a kernel power error.

this is also fixed now.

I spoke to soon i just looked in event log and i still have this error.

the system is rebooted without first properly closed. This error may be caused by the system to stop responding or is jammed or because the power is down.

[​IMG]

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answe...led-fast-startup-error-status-0xc00000d4.html

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  3. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    Have you tried not installing IMEI at all? That's what I've been doing for a long time, also disabling the "unknown device" that it leaves. You should probably also get rid of the browser plugin that comes with it.

4. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    dota 2 often crashes cos valve issue not nvidia.

5. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Khanmein

Do the 2 pic's above your post proof that it is the PSU.

With asus AI suite installed i saw a few times a little window comming from AI suite telling me that the cpu core volt was to low in red.

So i think now that the PSU has a problem.

I will report all the problems i have on the corsair site and will try to RMA the PSU.

[​IMG]

1st i go unplug all the cables from the psu and plug them back in.

6. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i'm not bias to seasonic but at my country seasonic is very popular due to OEM. previously my G-550 faced kernel 41 issue after 4 months usage only but i sold to the user, he don't have issue so i guess my rig need bigger power so i purchase x-750. i wanna buy super flower leadex gold but my area is out of stock so i got no choice.

previously my G-550 come European CEE 7/7 plug but i use UK 3-Pin Plug Power Cable but my x-750 come with UK 3-PIN damn weird that my G-550 look like fully imported not local. even i tried to use the converter adapter for euro 2-pin, my G-550 still got auto reboot issue during intense game play.

i'm not sure whether is good to install any utilities from ur mobo. previously i installed few asrock s/w but now i don't install a single thang. now i don't face any issue. i installed realtek only. mostly mobo utilities s/w not really good. they tend to concentrate more on bios. i always ensure to flash the latest bios even no issue. previously i got TDR issue so i can confirm is NV side driver but now some games is not smooth enough. i'm waiting NV to fix it.

u can read at here
    https://www.techenclave.com/communi...nnect-my-seasonic-m12ii-850w-smps-psu.156345/

usually this kinda issue happened due to psu or mobo. everything is related to the capacitor or the main power. my country power really not stable.

event viewer kernel or bsod mostly h/w issue.

take note: Do not plug 6+2 pin PCI-E connector to CPU 8-pin slot (usually suited on motherboard near CPU socket). You should plug there CPU 8-pin or CPU 4+4-pin connector. Otherwise your PC or PSU may be damaged.

bro, can u download hwinfo? tick sensor only. play some games then print screen ur mobo like mine.

http://imgur.com/ZHcnVsI

7. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    Well, I don't think that nvlddmkm driver crash is Valve's fault.

8. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    kernel 41 at event viewer? mean ur psu issue.

9. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    Display 4101.

PSU is just fine. Everything is working fine in GTA V, Battlefield 4, Batman Arkham Knight and Witcher 3..

10. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjEQmZrRmtE

if u tried other driver also got this issue mean ur psu. if other driver no issue then try to use the driver that work on ur gpu.

11. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    I have issue only with this driver. I cannot downgrade because of MGS:V.
    PSU is perfectly fine, my PSU is TOP quality and is running 24/7 without any issues. Only DotA is crashing..

12. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Here's an issue, when I resume from sleep, the monitor just flashes snow every second. I see a mouse cursor, but behind that, it's all snowy.

The power button doesn't shut down the PC. I have to restart it. I check the error logs, and there are a bunch of nvidia driver restarts. Like it crashes and snows, restarts during the black screen, then restarts and crashes again with the snow... over and over again until I cut the PC power and reboot.

I believe this issue is also being reported on the geforce.com forums.

13. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    before end of this month, i think got new driver. RMi good shouldn't have any issue too.

14. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    I unplugged every cable from the PSU and put them back.

I played BF4.

This is the info from hw64

[​IMG]

15. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    ur psu +12v rail look quite good. 3rd party cpu cooler & ur cpu oc also not bad.

16. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    CPU cooled with a corair h100 and the GPU with a corsair H75.

My cpu isnt overclocked by the way.

So the RM850 is OK

17. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    vcore 1.2v can OC till 4.5 GHz if no OC ur vcore kinda high.

18. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    The vcore in bios is 1044v.

Because i have K cpu the cpu runs in turbo mode at 3900MHz.
    That is why u see the 1.2v.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I know right..

But in win10 & Ryse son of rome it does for some reason.. in win8.1 i usually installed just driver part and this game always ran fine... win10 no go, need whole package.. will test newer whole package again to really see if i need this special 11.0.0.144 or not..

No never, since installing driver only was ok.. at least in win8.1

20. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    After u installed a new OS like windows 10 u have to default your UEFI F5 then reboot F10 and do your settings again.

I had packet loss with BF4 after i default the UEFI it stopped.