Metal Gear Solid V Performance Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by (.)(.), Aug 28, 2015.

1. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Can someone please tell me how to install LLA mod?

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Download the latest version of the QAR tool from:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rtpumx2mxsjaby/MGSV_QAR_Tool.rar?dl=0

Extra them somewhere and then copy the file "data1.dat" in the MGSV_TPP/Master folder in the same folder and drag&drop it over MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe to extract it.

In the extracted data1 folder go to "\Fox\Scripts\Gr" and replace gr_init_dx11.lua with the modded version and then back out of the data1 folder and drag&drop data1.ini over MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe to repack the new archive. :)
    (I recommend keeping the original file as a back-up, I'm using data1.dat_ for example.)

(I would also recommend you compare the new .lua with the original so you know exactly what was changed but you don't really need to, I just prefer to be thorough and knowing what is being modified and how, in this case I don't really understand the strange values for shadow resolution and some of the view distance tweaks are pretty extreme but if the performance hit isn't too severe then that shouldn't be a problem unless the game becomes unstable.)

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Apologies mR Yellow, i was sure the Neogaf post i linked contained that info.

@Jonas,
    Thanks for that Jonas, i'll add that info the OP.

4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I think there is a set of instructions in that Neogaf post as well actually although I wasn't sure if it was using the current or a older build of the unpack utility which is bundled together with the modified lua file unless you download just the .lua file separately, however the full mod archive does include a .bat file that automates the install process although dragging and dropping isn't that difficult either. :)

5. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Awesome. Thanks :)
    Just one correction? You mean the .inf file?

Thank you for the great thread.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  6. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Yeah, i get lag when Quiet sprints past as well, also if i'm getting shot at by a chopper and the dust kicks up.

I get only around 60 percent GPU usage but it kicks up to 100 and lags like hell in those scenarios.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Might be this;
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178480880&postcount=2087
    Also, try turning off in-game AO and then use Nvidia forced HBAO+. Initally thought this would cause performance issue as Nvidias is superior, but apparently its not as perf hungry.

Then theres editing the game config for turning off in-game fxaa - Link - then just use sweetfx/reshade to force smaa or fxaa at whatever level gives you better performance.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If you fire in a box right in front of you, you will get FPS drops.

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah the inf, sorry. :)

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I remember when using that QAR tool to extract the files for GZ, the .lua would always come out corrupted or filled with symbols. Why is that?

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I have to say this game runs great thank you heido kojima and i can say its the cleanest game with no aa applied. Great game great graphics. I hit 60 fps everything high and every graphic option enabled even when too much happening game never drops a frame absolutely fantastic i guess this game loves my 750 ti sc

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Play with x360 controller

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    whats with performance in this game. One moment im locked at 60 in a populated area, the next im looking at a slide show of 10-15fps.

everything maxed with vol clouds off, ingame ao off, vysnc through ctrl panel.

14. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I'm maxed out (with enhanced graphics) at 1440p. Frames don't drop - constant 60fps.

15. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I have a xbox controller but don't like it for games where you have to aim a lot. Prefer KB/M.

I fixed my key mapping by using AutoHotKey.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Im on 355.82 driver no problem so far game is rock solid for me

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Reshade + SweetFX 2.0 crashes the game whenever i try to change the resolution in-game

18. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    355.60 smooth,stable always 60fps, all settings maxed @1440p. (never saw a reason to use latest driver yet). SLI works perfectly.(G sync activated).

19. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Anyone else suffering a performance loss with 1.06? And nvidia card? My performance is down 20% from a rock solid 60fps 99.99% of the time to 48fps 70% of the time

20. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    I still get a solid 60-80 FPS. 1440P everything maxed aside from MB/DOF off, Nvidia HBAO+ and Effects @ High to fix the dust fps drop issue.