Apple iPad Pro Has 12.9-inch Retina Display

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    $2..

k.

2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    You severely overestimate how much parts, labour, shipping, contractual agreements/licensing, etc, etc cost Apple. A lot of their costs is just advertising. They pay peanuts to get things made, there were always reports of "estimates" of their costs being far greater than what they were in reality.

3. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    WTF, it's not a $2 pen. Do you even know what the pen does or you're just guessing?

4. PeteBeMe

PeteBeMe Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce
    Stylus worth $100 no. Apple pencil with fast charge, low lag, twin tilt sensors and pressure sensor worth $100 at retail? I think so.

http://www.apple.com/apple-pencil/

p.s. will only believe the low lag when I see it.

5. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Feels like they called it Apple Pencil purely because they were trying not to call it a stylus or pen (due to the already named S-Pen).

As for the mark up on it, we'll find out I'm sure. Reminds me of the Beats headphones tear down, showing the bill of materials actually cost something like 10% of the headphones retail price.

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Who cares if that's what people will pay for it? Premium quality is going to come with a premium cost. It's no different then any other product. Titan X, Tesla Model S, Samsung Note 5, etc.

Obviously this pen doesn't cost $100 to build, but it's just as stupid to say it costs $2. Everyone who used it at the conference, especially artists, said it was excellent to use. Is it worth $50 more than the Surface Pro pen? Not for me. But some people may value the superior pressure sensitivity and tilt functionality over competing products.