Geforce 355.82 WHQL Driver download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Aug 31, 2015.

1. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    are these drivers Kepler "friendly" ?

2. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    yes,yes

3. Sergio

Sergio Guest

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    I know this behavior, and i experienced it alot. I found it was caused by a RTSS option > "Custom Direct3D support". I had to disable it, or it was causing all of my games to minimize itself 1-2 secs after launching them. Dont think its driver related, i 1st experienced it with W3 driver. I am on this driver now and if i enable that option again, its starting the same behavior.

4. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    omg u're Elric Phares fans? he rarely point out the weakness all the products

mostly RMi > RM sometimes depend on luck. previously i had a lousy Seasonic G-550 so very difficult to predict.

since jonnyguru worked for corsair, i don't trust his review anymore.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015

5. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    I think i found the problem with the high idle clocks.

It was a grounding problem with my z523 speakerset.

I found this movie on youtube with the same problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bR_IfHRx28

https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Speakers/Z523-Problems/td-p/488782

The problem is the DB9 connection. The 2 nuts on the outside of the connector are not recessed into the aluminum plate like the connector is, so you cannot fully connect the DB9 cable. Wiggle it around while plugged in and you'll see what I mean. No amount of pin-bending will fix this.

The solution is to remove the 2 nuts on the outside of the DB9 connector (on the box) before plugging in the cable.

Optionally, you can drill out the holes (7/32") to allow the nuts to be recessed into the plate. It works either way, but this gives you a more secure connection.

After unplugged the cable from the DB9 connection the buzzing sound stopped.

Back in windows i checked the clocks and where back to normal.

The 3.5 mm jack always maked much sound when i plugged it in the pc.

I dont know if this is possible that a groundig problem gives high clocks.

6. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    glad u found the issue.

7. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Yes clocks are back to normal.

[​IMG]

8. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    ^^ so it might be related to power delivery. try check ur cable or switch around.

ac power cord must be grounded. main power must be clean & nice.

9. knopper

knopper Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX560
    Im still on 347.52 with my GTX560.

If i look through the posts here i see that the latest is not so good

So which latest driver is the, are real keepers and can be recommend for me?

10. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    latest driver is ok can be better no issue.

11. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    Just installed it since I had crashes with old one in Mad Max. So far its good.

12. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    LOL

Every time i rule out the PSU, and fix my problems u go back and say its my PSU. LOL

Why u think that a remote problem with the DB9 connection might related to power delivery???

The solution is to remove the 2 nuts on the outside of the DB9 connector (on the box) before plugging in the cable.

Because of the nuts you cant push the cable whole the way on the DB9 connector, the pins in the cable make
    then a buzzing sound and u get a closure problem current goes over the 3.5 jack that why u hear a buzzing sound.

I fixed it by tighing the 2 nuts and the buzzings sound stopped.

production error by logitech.

13. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Bug report for DSR:

Mad max, starting up the game from steam requires that you change resolution before the actual DSR works. in game it reports the correct res, but its actually native, until you change to a different one and back.

Same happens if you alt tab from the game. it will revert to native res and require changing res back and forth to reinitialize DSR.

14. stryfe2010

stryfe2010 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3060 12GB
    Well it seems the stuck in 3d power states while just on the desktop is an install problem and not a driver problem. I keep getting this problem on random drivers and first thought it was a driver problem but futher research leads me to believe that something is getting boarked in the install process, because before I used DDU before driver install but still had the stuck on 3d clocks on desktop so I used DDU again and installed the previous whlq driver and still had the problem so I ran DDU once again then installed this driver one more time and the stuck on 3d clock on desktop went away.

15. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    hahaha no offense bro.. i'm personally kinda bias towards corsair products.

16. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I'm looking to update my gpu to possibly a 970. I was wondering how is the cpu overhead on recent nvidia drivers. I'm currently using an fx 6300 oc'd to 4.4ghz. Anyone with an overclocked fx cpu and a 970 feeling any bottleneck?

17. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Yes i see that, thanks for helping.

I bought this RM850 and now i have to deal with it.

I cant by every 5 min a new PSU because of a possible problem.

Many product have manufacturing defects these days.

Just found out that my Z523 from logitech has this defect with the nuts not going in al the way, causing a buzzing sound.

But its fixed now.

electrical closure is the right word for this problem, causing a buzzing sound over the speakers.

Sending a electrical current over the 3.5 jack cable and u hear a buzzing sound. is this bad for the pc or can a pc handle this??

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  18. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    when u purchase pc parts, used after 6 months no issue mean u're good to go.

19. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Terrible driver. Causes many games to stutter and hitch. It seems nvidia is back to they dirty tricks like when users needed to use the sleep wake trick to get full utilization from there card so it wont cause lag spikes/hitching.

These drivers are no different. I rolled back to 347.25 which utilizes your card until nvidia fixes this mess. I use Ground Zeroes intro scene to detect any hitching. If it plays out smoothly and no lag spikes while monitoring then its good and i proceed to test other games.

20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Annoying bug with Borderlands Pre Sequal that happens ONLY with this driver.

GPU clocks stuck at 667 and won't change when playing the game with physx on.