Metal Gear Solid 5 confirmed for PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Aug 13, 2014.

1. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    what is it with this game?!?!?!?!

i tried now 3 different keyboards, 2x usb and one with ps2.

none of em work in metal gear. i press enter nothing happens. the game doesnt reconize teh keys Sad

alt f4 works to my suprise..

anyone else having this issue???

im out of ideas

edit: kinda like this??
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/287700/discussions/0/527273983049585391/

edit:

only stuff thats connectet is the keyboard and mouse..

besides some usb hard drivers, but that doesnt change anything..

i have an old gamepad thats broken, but i was able to get to the ingame menue with it.
    wanted to , dunno, see if i can change keyboard bindings etc. in teh hope teh game would detect the keyboard. as soonest i klicked an key in the menue i was stuck.. the keyboard didnt get registered and teh gamepad didnt do anything also for no reason..

the gamemenue was waiting for an key press so it can change the binding, but it doesnt..

im allmost so raged up that i could throw my keyboard out of teh window, even know its not teh problem..

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Why I am forcing myself to be sneaky as possible? Just kill people if I can't pass an objective? I nearly sneaked everything and gave Me C grade. Why? Lame.

3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Probably best to just accept the fact that not everyone is as enamored with it as you are :)

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Damn, that is one harsh review, quite funny though.
    It's put me right off the game though :(

5. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Wow, this guy absolutely hits the nail on the head. He just earned a new subscriber.

He shows exactly how I feel about this game. I'm really glad I'm not alone in thinking this game is overhyped fanboyism at it's best.. (Mack, same video linked previously by BangTail) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuA9YRbq8f0

EDIT: It's still a good game, I just don't think it's what everyone is making it out to be.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    While I don't always agree with him, he is honest and fair, something the gaming industry could do with a lot more of.

7. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    That's all I care about. I'm not like most people and actually respect the opinions of others. I want to know that the review I'm listening or reading to is telling me how it actually is without bias. I can't help but feel that all these 10/10 reviews are either paid or completely fanboy blindsided.

I've only just started Mad Max and already think it's way better..

8. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    its hex edit for 21:9 support( downloadable .exe on wsgf ) and the markers are fixed now also. Im running 21:9 with fixed markers
    - http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=30223&start=180

9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Didn't know that but that was the least of my problems with it in all honesty.

Thanks for the heads up all the same :)

10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    no worries, the game isint for everyone, i prefer the old MGS style but will stick with this regardless, game is a lot of fun but as a huge MGS fan, i'd probably give it a 7/10 so far( for an MGS game ), i need to finish it to see where it sits amongst the other MGS games.

11. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    This is the first time that i agree with this guy. Although i didn't watch all his videos. But this time he nailed it.

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Its a fun game in small doses for me. Also that review is funny but tbh its fun to approach each situation in whichever way you want. Like i said i enjoy it in bursts, infact im gonna go play it now.

For me i rank MGS in this order.
    1.MGS3
    2.MGS2
    3.MGS4
    4.MGS5

MGS1 is excluded because its much older and it started it all off so it sits above the others in a way but is not as good because its aged if you know what i mean. If i had to rank MGS1 i would put in between MGS2 and MGS4.

There all good and there all worth playing through to the end although MGS5 does not have the magnetism of the other games in the series for me but that does not mean i dont like it.

13. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    I haven't play this game yet.

But! based on the rave reviews, I'm actually skeptic about this one. MGS on PlaystationOne is still the best MGS game imho. Wasn't too impressed with all the sequels or prequels. Maybe because the way Snake move is so clunky??? Played Ground Zero for 15mins, and was bored. :( Hence, still have not purchase MGSV yet.

Sniper Wolf <3

14. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    If you only played 15 minutes of Ground Zeroes before you were bored you are most likely not going to care for this then. It's not too entirely different.

15. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    If you dont like GZ you wont like this, ok it has boss fights but its like every mission is a GZ base with stuff to do on the way to getting to the base and then you have to manage your home base, expanding it and populating it with recruits, its definately nothing like MGS1 other than the sneaking aspect.

Same order as me but id put put MGS1 at the top, mainly because it was so far ahead of its time and the story was cool. Its aged, but i still play it the odd time. Hated MGs2 initially due to the dweeby protagonist and the story when it changes half way through on Big Shell, but it had some great moment and i kinda like it now looking back at it. 4 was a mess but enjoyable all the same.

Im also doing MGSV in short bursts, a mission and or a side mission every night as i started getting open world fatigue after the first few days.

Witcher 3 is for me anyway the only open world game that seems to just nail story telling and the feeling of progress/achievement. Even GTAV is a big world with nothing much to do ourtside story missions other than stuff thats been there since GTA3/VC( races, properties etc. )

16. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB

17. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Me too. I watched his Mad Max review right after and now I'm thinking of picking that one up.

18. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    This is Hideo Kojima game. Every negative review is invalid because this is Hideo Kojima game

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Almost 40 hours on this game now. Finally got D-Dog after completing missions 7,10 and 9 in that order. Also had an encounter with Quiet during mission 11 and mission 12 was just epic as I finally got a cool new robotic toy (clue: it's in the game's title!). D-Dog is just so useful at picking out enemies and plants that I don't think D-Horse is going to get a look in any more (sorry bud!). There have also been some new and exciting areas to scout out. Really dig this game. Even the Mother Base aspects are really well done, especially as it aids the collection of GMP and resources. Got a zoo (very cute but I'm not sure what other purpose it serves exactly) and my base is expanding very quickly with around 500 staff.

Also, found an exploit for the annoying lack of checkpointing during missions (it does get wearing to spend 60-90 minutes scouring an enemy installation only to die and be returned to the last checkpoint...from 60-90 minutes previously). Anyway, I found that if you run away from the enemies that the game will auto-save after a certain distance. It makes it much easier to rush in, stun a few soldiers, fulcon them and mortars etc out, then dash out to force an auto-save. The game is far less painful when played this way IMO even if does feel a bit like I'm cheating (technically I'm not; I'm just exploiting a game design flaw).

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  20. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Lol, I've been exploiting that since I got the game, even tonight on my way to meet quiet, I just trotted near a base, it saves, can continue tomorrow :)

Pretty sure it saves when fulton'd stuff arrives back at the base also

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015