19 percent Of Guru3D readers are running Windows 10

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Genova84

Genova84 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus Xtreme 1080ti
    I went to windows 10 but after Nvidia SLI issues persisted, I reverted to windows 7.

2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Yes right now they don´t care about us but what if for some reason you become someone important in the future? Then they will have plenty of info about you that they can use against you for they own reasons. Also did you know that if you type certain keywords like "bomb", "hate America" or "islam", you´re automatically flagged and tracked by NSA because you can be a terrorist!...

Also did you stop to think what can happen if someone rises to power in certain countries and decides to use their spying tools, like NSA and others, to enslave us??? Because sooner or later companies and governments are going to be able to know and control everything we do!

I think everyone should be worried by this sort of stuff but i know, only conspiracy crazies like me worry about things like this because companies only want money and governments dont´care about nobodies and so on...

Sorry about the rant, it´s just my opinion about crap like this...

3. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    lol,,

its just the browser header thats getting readed..
    its all in there..

@ Hilbert, the comodore ones, thats me, haha...
    also the amiga ones.. im using an "secret agent" addon that randomizes my browser header..

i would love to see an more detailed chart :(

lets see how it changes over time, than it gets interessting..

edit:
    link to teh addon, if some want to test it ;)
    https://www.dephormation.org.uk/?page=81

you can test it out with Ip-tracker.org for example..

greetz

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Raise your hand if your one of those 2% users who are using Edge. :D

<-----

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've not met anyone yet who use Edge.

It's a very good browser and i actually think Chrome is crap now, but it's cra pi'm used to and i'm lazy.

As for privacy, no such thing on the internet for anyone, but W10 has nothing to do with government snooping, they will do that no matter what you use.
    Can't say i like it, but if tech is more important to me then it can't be that important to me lol.

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Who would have thought that one day, Windows for the PC would become the literal meaning. lol

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Ubuntu isn't that bad, as long as you don't mind Canonical and Amazon snooping..... I've actually considered installing it on the system in my specs to dual boot with Win8.1. I'm waiting for Ubuntu Touch to make it's way to the US, then I'll likely switch from Windows to some variant of Ubuntu on my desktops. I've got 1 sitting here for my son that will be running Edubuntu when he finally gets it.

8. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    If they really make zero difference on or off and people can prove that in a court of law there will be a lawsuit that Microsoft surely doesn't want.... anyways, I'm using it either way because there's no other option out there for a gamer so if Microsoft and the government really are spying on me via my computers then they are going to be soooo bored looking at my daily life. :3eyes:

9. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    I use Opera win8.1, its the best =) U coud not see that

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I am, but only for facebook and twitter :p I'm keeping those two away from my regular browsing!

11. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    I use edge for that WhatsApp web atrocity changing the web agent to Mozilla, it shows how they simply BAN anyone from using that crap unless they run whatever browser they deem fit, my gosh cant we get back to Hotmail and msn? its like I need a chat app for every social group I meet

12. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I was then i went back to Windows 7. Too many bugs.

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I can vaguely remember reading something about MS acknowledging this, and blaming it on a bug (as usual)

If they claim it's a bug, and that it will be fixed, I doubt any courts will care

Remember Google collecting people's WiFi data "By accident"?

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Google was also ordered by courts to delete the data....which they failed to do in a timely manor.

15. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I don't see how the browser stats can be accurate. I know in my IE with my tracking protection list, Google analytics gets blocked. Actually I don't see how any of it can be accurate since most people have analytics blocked in some way. Chrome would be the least likely to block it so maybe that accounts for it's large lead?

16. Foonus

Foonus Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2070SC
    Still waiting for a proper add-blocking addon or third party utility worth its salt to do this.

Edge simply can not be used to play something like twitch stream without constant interruptions from adds that you can block with Firefox addons.

If you watching a stream on a TV/second screen the difference is basically TV without commercials or tv with.. take your choice.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    If they ever really did delete it

Removing it from the servers they were ordered to remove it from, but keeping important data somewhere else sounds more likely for Google

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Google was caught with the data they were ordered to delete, after they were supposed to have deleted it. Of course, we all know Google isn't going to delete data they think they can make a profit from.

19. mjorgenson

mjorgenson Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW-RX 480
    I hate Chrome....Huge memory leak, and it loads a bunch of programs at boot. If you don't start Chrome and look at drive read/writes, Chrome is a top offender. Also, it is a pain in the arse to move its temp files to a different drive.

20. Quite true, it's even worse that way, because ppl think they are secure.

Ubuntu is great Operating System, I use it as an main OS, that problem is only related to Unity ("default" official Ubuntu distribution), other official Ubuntu distros, such as MATE, GNOME etc., do not have that problem, and it could be fixed by one command line/few click :).

If you do mind, you can turn it off very easily, and for real, unlike in Windows ;).

I use Chromium (based on Chrome), and i do not have any problems with it, it works far better than Firefox, even tho i do prefer Firefox, Chromium simply works far better with 0 bugs/memory leaks, i think it is availalbe on Windows, and it is basically Google Chrome strupped off from spywere, open sourced and changed default icon color, great browser.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015