Watch Dogs Collateral Outfit Mod by The Silver

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by The Silver, Sep 1, 2015.

1. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Watch_Dogs Collateral Outfit Mod by The Silver

Watch_Dogs Collateral Outfit Mod by The Silver

This minimod replaces one of the original clothing with a complete suit inspired by the look of Tom Cruise in the movie Collateral. :cool:
    The character model is a mix between the body of the char36_endingavatar with edited textures and the capless head of Aiden Pearce.

Here are some screenshots:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Download Link: WD_Collateral_Outfit_Mod_by_The_Silver.rar

Alternate Versions:
    WD_Collateral_Outfit_Mod_by_The_Silver_Loose_Files
    WD_Collateral_Outfit_Mod_by_The_Silver_Grey_Hair
    WD_Collateral_Outfit_Mod_by_The_Silver_Grey_Hair_Loose_Files

PS: As you've surely noticed the menu name and description of the suit doesn't fit, this is because it's currently impossible to change the game text without more advanced modding tools, however if anyone knows how to edit the game text strings or even only have an idea please send me a PM, it would be the icing on the cake! :D

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  2. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO R9 390 8GB
    Yeah! Thanks for this great stuff!

3. Shemo

Shemo Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 2GB
    What ! you can edit his coat? OMG can you edit physics too? would be awesome to bring back Demos physics i really like how his coat was more flexible !

4. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    So I checked your loose files and I got lost...

I see you edited graphickit_models.lib\A_MainCharacters.E3_Demo_End_Avatar.xml but all that hash and binhex is gibberish to me. How did you know what to add, what to edit?

And the \__UNKOWN\xxxx.material.bin files, how did you edit those?

It seems I'm far from editing graphic kits yet... I totally respect you The Silver for being able to do this.

5. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Thank you very much for the kind words, I will quickly explain the tricks I did for this mod so maybe everything will be a little more clear. :)

I started checking the A_MainCharacters.char files and I noticed that some of them had only one field after
    Code:
      <object hash="F1E26FCF">
        <field hash="8A13CD27" type="BinHex">01</field>
        <field hash="AA940C42" type="BinHex" />
      </object>
    but others that I suspected being composed had more, so I compared Aiden's variations A_MainCharacters.char01_Aiden_CarCrash and A_MainCharacters.char01_Aiden_Prisoner that I knew for sure that they both had the capless head, and after a lot of trial and error I figured out that this field
    Code:
        <object hash="E93DDFF8">
          <field hash="6816806D" type="BinHex">03</field>
          <field hash="D935FAD9" type="BinHex">4086D007</field>
          <field hash="14088DCA" type="BinHex">D902E528</field>
          <field hash="73CEC34A" type="BinHex">7108E6D3</field>
          <object hash="37CF95BD">
            <field hash="CF1DBEC6" type="BinHex">FFFFFFFF</field>
            <field hash="5177A0C7" type="BinHex">000000000000000000000000</field>
            <field hash="99298BDA" type="BinHex">000000000000000000000000</field>
            <field hash="FC176C73" type="BinHex">0000803F0000803F0000803F</field>
          </object>
        </object>
    is the head, and this one
    Code:
        <object hash="E93DDFF8">
          <field hash="6816806D" type="BinHex">03</field>
          <field hash="D935FAD9" type="BinHex">FBBEE69C</field>
          <field hash="14088DCA" type="BinHex">FF</field>
          <field hash="73CEC34A" type="BinHex">FF</field>
          <object hash="37CF95BD">
            <field hash="CF1DBEC6" type="BinHex">FFFFFFFF</field>
            <field hash="5177A0C7" type="BinHex">000000000000000000000000</field>
            <field hash="99298BDA" type="BinHex">000000000000000000000000</field>
            <field hash="FC176C73" type="BinHex">0000803F0000803F0000803F</field>
          </object>
        </object>
    is the hair, then it was just a matter of properly adding them to the A_MainCharacters.E3_Demo_End_Avatar.xml ;)

However at this point I had the char36_endingavatar full model with both its own head and Aiden's capless head, since as you can see from its original graphickit file it's a single piece and not a composed model. :O
    This is where the real challenge was, I had to do a very dirty workaround to remove its original head, and actually ended NOT removing it... :D

I had to search in the _UNKNOWN gfx folder to identify the materials used by this model, it was a pain in the ass but at the end I've recognized his materials and tracked down the textures he uses, and I've discovered that the char36_endingavatar uses textures from a lot of folders: in the vanilla game the normal maps of his jacket are unused textures in Jordi's char03 folder, the pants texture and normals are unused files in Jordi's folder too just like the hands textures (probably it was an old version of Jordi considering how similar the suit is), and for the face and hair he uses the unused face and hair textures in Aiden's char01 folder. :3eyes:
    Fortunately he uses mostly unique materials so I was able to edit most of them to my needs using an hex editor like Hex Workshop, I've edited the torso and legs materials so he loads all the textures from his own folder, and I've edited the face and hair materials so they are both hair! :p
    Yes exactly, since the hair have transparency (dictated by the brightness of an alpha map, like usual) this trick allowed me to use a full black alpha texture to make them actually fully transparent, thus "removing" his original head and hair without actually removing them. :cool:

After that it was just a matter of properly editing his jacket and legs textures, with special attention to the jacket _s mask that the shader used to determine where to apply the chevron pattern and the colour, and then the final touch was giving him the char01 facial definition file so his face animates properly instead of being frozen like the char36_endingavatar. Mission accomplished! :rock:

This is more or less how I made this minimod, I hope that everyone will find these informations useful for their needs, enjoy! :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  6. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Really really nice !!!!

It would be even more awesome if you can buy the outfit in the cloth shop ^^

Too bad there is not a hairdresser like in GTA V

7. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Thanks, anyway you CAN get this outfit in the cloth shop, as I said I've replaced one of the original clothing so it's there. :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  8. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Yeah ! While it's not the one I am used to wear (in my screenshots) it's great !

9. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Thanks man! You are super cool!!!

I'll try to follow your path and maybe come up with something myself.

10. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    ConvertBinaryObject.exe crashes when I want to take apart graphickit_models.lib. It creates the folder and the xml, however when i want to pack them up (again with ConvertBinaryObject.exe) it crashes again and does not make any file. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks...

EDIT: does anyone know how originally these filelists were created? Is there a way to continue where it stopped?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015

11. Ndimz

Ndimz Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070Oc
    I f***kn love all you modders out there :banana:

12. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    The disrupt tool crashes because the graphickit_models.lib includes some xmls with invalid windows characters in their name, so when unpacking it can't create these xmls in your system and crashes before completing the task, hence why the list of the included xmls called graphickit_models.xml doesn't end properly like the others. ;)

The two files are called "A_MainCharacters.dlc01_Model_WIP_2014-04-16 16:11:41" and "A_MainCharacters.dlc01_Model_WIP_2014-04-16 16:35:18", notice the : character, and you have to fix them in the graphickit_models.lib itself before trying to convert it, you can do this by using the modders best friend, the hex editor. :D

Open the graphickit_models.lib and search for the string _WIP_ that will take you to the parts of the file where these names are, then you just have to replace the invalid characters : in their name with whatever valid character you want, for example from "16:11:41" to "16.11.41", at the end save it and convert it with the ConvertBinaryObject.exe as usual. :)

Remember that when converting them back to the graphickit_models.lib theese files will be packed with the new name you just gave them, this means that if the game needs them it will not be able to find them, so you have to use the hex editor again on your new graphickit_models.lib to give them back their original : character, in the same way you replaced it at the start. However since these files are clearly work in progress I seriously doubt that the current game really needs them, so if you are confident enough you could skip this last step for these two files, but remember that even if this could be fine in this case it is valid only for these two specific xmls due to their explicit naming.

Hopefully this quick tutorial is clear enough to allow everyone to deal with the problem now. :cool:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  13. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Thanks man!

14. JelleHogenbirk

JelleHogenbirk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 270
    How do I combine this mod with the Unlock Weapons mod (also made by you)?
    Thanks!

15. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Hi, it's not difficult but you need some basic knowledge of the WD modding tools, specifically you should know how to unpack and pack the .dat/.fat file and the .lib files using the Disrupt tools, search in this subforum if you need instruction on that, it's been posted many times. ;)

Anyway here's a simple guideline:
    - Unpack the .dat/.fat file from the WD_Collateral_Outfit_Mod_by_The_Silver.rar with the Gibbed.Disrupt.Unpack.exe and then unpack the items.lib with the Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.exe so you get a folder with all the included .xml files
    - Unpack the items.lib from the WD_Weapon_Unlock_Mod_by_The_Silver_Loose_Files.rar with the Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.exe so you get a folder with all the included .xml files
    - Copy all the .xml files starting with Weapon. from the unpacked items.lib of the Unlock mod (they should be 98)
    - Paste them in the folder with all the .xml files unpacked from the items.lib of this Collateral Outfit mod and overwrite when asked
    - Now you just have to repack this new mix of .xml files with the Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.exe and then repack everything else with the Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack.exe as usual

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015

16. dieandromeda

dieandromeda Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti Xtreme WF
    look good.

17. JelleHogenbirk

JelleHogenbirk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 270
    Thanks for the reply! But when I try to pack the unpacked items.lib again, it says "System.UnauthorizedAccessException". I am using the convertbinaryobject thing, not the other one.

18. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    In the items.xml file list there are two xml files listed with these words in their name DUMMY_ITEMS.DUMMY, delete the two lines of these files and retry.

19. JelleHogenbirk

JelleHogenbirk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 270
    It still doesn't work :(

20. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Uhm... Well first of all you can check if the crash is caused by something you did just by unpacking the file and repacking it without touching anything (the best would be to test this on the original items.lib), then if this still fails you can try the basic solutions like temporarly disabling the UAC and installing the XNA Framework 4.0 ;)