Geforce 355.82 WHQL Driver download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    I'm getting such annoying performance issues with win10 and its nvidia drivers, I'm almost giving up and rolling back to win 8.1 until the OS ages a bit more.

2. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    3FPS is nothing, so if you upgrade or not, it doesn't matter at all. If you are happy with 353.49, smooth framerate, no problems, image quality is good, etc. stay with them.

3. hm alright. i tested all drivers out and the best for me were the 353.49. the 355.78 were second best but i didn't have luck with 355.60 and 355.83. those were horrible :D well it depends on the system as always xD i might try out those new drivers for mad max and my other games, though i'm sick of installing new drivers. did it way too often in the last week (like 10 times lol because nothing was working flawlessly)

3fps avg is pretty much for me. especially because my gpu is getting old ;) ofc i wouldn't have those 3 fps avg. more because the other guy tested it out with a different and most probably much better gpu right ?! but still even if i can get 1-2 fps more its something because most new games work barely at 30fps for me maxxed out (like pcars and gta5.. mad max is a pleasant surprise because i get 60fps most of the time maxxed out but it drops to even 40fps when explosions and stuff come in xD)

still can't decide lol.. on the one hand i'm more or less happy with the 353.49 (as happy as you can be with nvidia drivers these days lol -.- over are those times with absolutely amazing drivers like the 34x series xD) but on the other i would love to see if the new driver maybe is better (though i kinda doubt it :( )

4. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Hi Monchis
    I had the same thing happen too me to. I installed 355.83 The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Diablo III Project CARS & Grand Theft Auto V all played just fine. uninstalled 355.83 then no game wood work. So reinstall this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 all was fine again

5. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    I don't know if this is a driver problem or a common issue on windows 10 computers!
    but every time i starting Dxdiag i got a message that Directshow might faced a problem last time i use it..then i try to run it and it Crash!

And i also facing some weird freezes in GtaV and white horizontal lines it happens time to time!. otherwise its running well it's just after i got the freezings i need to restart the game and there is fine until i got the issue again..
    Have faced this problems in both 355.60 driver and 355.82
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  6. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I don't get any of those problems dude.

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I don't have the game, but try these settings
    [​IMG]

If the 0x00000045 flag doesn't look good, try 0x00400045 or 0x004000C5

8. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    very stable with W10 here too. no issue..

9. thanks god i tried this driver out.. i'm very pleased with it. on win7x64 it runs flawlessly and better then all other drivers since the 353.49.. still not sure if the 353.49 maybe had a slightely better performance but overall its so similar (tested it out in all games that i stated above in the other post) that it seems to me to be more or less identical :D

but if you want to install it for mad max just don't its identical on mad max for me compared to 353.49. not even a single frame more (still not sure if maybe slightely worse performance, especially on mad max.. think i got a few more drops below 60fps but that could have just been random occurances too).

overall i'm pleased enough to live with this driver finally.. maybe until winter and the fallout 4 driver :D

10. Sir Galahad

Sir Galahad Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti ssc

I still use XP on my 2 smallest PCs.

Main gaming rig has Win 10, and second gaming rig has win 7 and XP on a dual boot setup.

But Yeah, I'm a real lover of XP and even I see no reason to continue support. I don't even use the latest drivers on one of my XP machines; I use forceware 94.24 for retro games on my 7950GT. The other has a GTX 460 that I never use for anything more than web browsing anyway.

If it means better performance under 7, 8 and 10 then yeah, cut support for XP. However, if it doesn't make any difference then it's nice that they continue to support new GPUs on XP just for those of us with dual boot setups if nothing else.

11. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Okay i just reinstalled win10 and everything seems fine now!..
    i think i was overwhelming whit Third Party applications,
    and crap Programs from Asus like Probe II Sense and ai suite! was getting alot of errors in windows log whit does!

12. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Surprise Surprise it's usually user error

13. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Today I tried again! Previously I had PhysX unticked as it was the same version but today I left it ticked and the bloody thing has now installed!! I also manually unpack the driver and delete all the crap I don't want installed so i'm left with only the following folders/files:

Display.Driver
    NVI2
    PhysX
    EULA.txt
    license.txt
    list.txt
    ListDevices.txt
    setup.cfg
    setup.exe

14. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Spam. I'm sure you will continue as you, so far, have proven you lack the maturity to stop. Prove me wrong.

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Considering they are completely different driver models I'd be surprised if there was much cross over development. If a multi-billion dollar company can't spend a few hours keeping a driver updated for some quarter billion users... They will eventually drop support. Imagine the complaints if they stopped now. The point being it's a pointless complaint in this thread and the others being polluted with it. He's trolling with it an he knows he's trolling with it.

16. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

If you untick PHYSX and it is already installed, I believe it uninstalls it. Probably goes for anything else in the custom install list.

17. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Drivers are as smooth as the 355.80's on my system. All games work as expected.

Happy about the debug mode, now I don't need a third party program to reduce the OC speeds to reference.

18. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    try to use decrap s/w to remove bloatware.

(http://www.decrap.org/)

19. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    This is the proper way to deal with Win 10 issues. That OS is not ready for primetime. Way too many issues that need to be ironed out, driver issues being one of a multitude.

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I give this software a MASSIVE thumbs up too.

Been using this on people's laptops and PC's for years when people come to me and tell me they want their machine cleaned of all the junk I use this software first.

Easiest way to get rid of junk software.

Then for the harder stuff I use RevoUninstaller. It will delete everything associated with a program like registry keys, and left over files too. It has quite a sophisticated scanner too so it won't delete anything that is important to the system it self.