Geforce 355.82 WHQL Driver download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Aug 31, 2015.

1. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    Im the other person who bought F1 2015 and am keen to see if you get this sorted. Perhaps i'll stick to the current drivers till then..

2. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Weird stuff, people with 980ti is also getting the error:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discu...n-it-self-and-windows-8-1-lockscreen-comes-on

3. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    also there is a big improvement to dx 12 draw calls

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't really take much notice of the overhead test unless it's a huge difference, you see it vary this much everytime you do it.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Only three pointless spam posts in this thread. You're slipping.

6. narukun

narukun Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 1561/7700
    I had to Uninstall these drivers because I'm playing Trove and i had some weird issues, like my Core Clock stuck at 902mhz (its 1202mhz stock). I did a clean install with DDU and I rebooted my pc to discart everything.

Also I tried that "Debug mode" and after "enable it" went grey and i couldn't "disable". I tried a game and my cores were factory overclocked anyways, so that option did nothing.

Everything back to normal with 353.62.

GTX 760.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  7. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    I know I'm one of the lucky ones that can play Batman AK, but every other driver crashes my system to BSOD's. back to 355.78 I go.....

8. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    CorsixTH 0.50 aka Theme Hospital not support XP any longer.

9. emusa

emusa Guest

GPU:
    Asus 780 (1140/6600 OC)
    Great driver for me, especially for Witcher 3. I use the game's borderless widescreen and Nvdia's FXAA combined with high-ultra settings for a fluid 60fps (most of the time, except in villages in stutters a bit). Also Physx to CPU (by deleting the apex file).

One weird thing is that Dust: elysian tail crashes with this driver on startup. Can't get it to work anymore, no matter the settings. Oh well, didn't really play it anyway.

Other games I checked run great;
    - F.E.A.R. 2 (with DSR)
    - Amnesia Machine for Pigs (with DSR + D3D overrider triple buffering)
    - Timeshift (with DSR + D3D overrider triple buffering)
    - Mortal Kombat X (borderless widescreen helps with the stutters)

ps. I used DDU to uninstall + checked the "clean install" option during the driver installation.

10. Batboy

Batboy Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce Titan X Hyb.
    I had the same problem. Here you have what I did to work around the problem:

1) Yes, you can uninstall the previous driver with DDU-Tool. It is good idea. I did it but the driver installation continued being FAILED.

2) The solution I found is this:

a) Download 355.82 from Guru3D and NOT from Nvidia.com (don't use GeForce Experience to update your driver either).
    b) Unrar the file with WinRAR or something.
    c) Go to something like C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\355.82\Win10_64\International and run setup.exe as administrator.

Now all should be installed as a charm.

If you ask me why the Nvidia drivers from Guru3D can be installed on Windows 10 with this workaround and NOT the drivers from Nvidia.com, I have no answer. All the drivers I have downloaded from Nvidia.com WON'T install on Windows 10 Enterprise, even if you use the workaround with the setup.exe. Anyway, if you use the drivers provided by Guru3D, the workaround will work. This is a mystery someone could unravel here.

Also, even if you try to install the driver with administrator rights from the original file (355.82-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe), it won't install. You NEED to uncompress it first and next to run setup.exe as administrator. OK, a lot of mysteries here :)

11. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Plays no problem for me. Uninstalled previous driver just like you. No OC.

Try uninstalling the game and installing?

12. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    :3eyes::3eyes::3eyes:

Haven't they been broken for years? What was broken exactly again? The softshadows option??

13. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
  14. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hi

Is anti aliasing broken in these drivers. Started playing Fallout 3 again last night, preparing for Fallout 4. I have tried the game settings, forcing AA in the drivers, used dsr, Sweetfx, various different AA strings in Nvidia Inspector,but nothing seems to improve the AA. I don't remember it being this bad the last time I played the game.

Do Maxwell cards have issues with this game, the last time I played this game was with my GTX780ti

Using Windows 7 64 bit, latest drivers

15. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Sounds like either your memory is rose tinted or your Inspector settings are wrong.

16. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Battlefield 4 (64 bit) seems to work fine with these drivers on Windows 10 (release build 10240) for me. Just played a couple of hours. I did a clean driver install after using the latest version of Display Driver Uninstaller in Safe Mode, by the way, and then doing a custom install of the Nvidia drivers without GeForce Experience and 3D Vision while using the Clean install option, as I always do.

It might work. Try to export the profile with Nvidia Inspector before switching the drivers and reimporting it and see if it works or not.

17. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That might be, so what settings should I use then?

18. oh but this doesn'T look amazing ?!? why are those 353 drivers soo much better. 3 fps avg. more o_O

i'm currently running 353.49. should i upgrade to this driver or not ?? not sure if it will be better or worse. running on win7x64 and wanted to play mad max now but also playing many other games like pcars, gta5, aow3, valhalla hills carmageddon reincarnation, oddworld new n tasty and some others (not on a daily basis but every few days i play some of those games and one of those on a daily basis (which will be mad max now))

19. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    forget synthetic benchmarks... try in real world games... here in mine gtx 670 amp r355_60 drivers are very better than 353 drivers... but forget r355_00 main branch... these are a ****...

20. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    There you go defending bad development decisions with no basis. Keep ignoring the unresolved issues while I am pointing out why they remain unresolved. XP support is helping the driversets chug along with endless problems. There is no reason to keep supporting XP, the users that still use it, have absolutely 0 need for an updated driverset.

I enjoy you proving your ignorance in this whole debacle though, it's actually fun seeing the whining as you try and keep the truth away from unsuspecting users.