Have you played......Crysis 1?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by (.)(.), Aug 26, 2015.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The first 1-2 hours of Crysis has some of the most enjoyable moments for me when it comes to gaming, even now i still appreciate it.
    Unfortunately the game nose dives quicker than any other game i have ever played, and it becomes hard work to continue to care about playing it.

Performance issues ruined it for me as well, so i find it strange that anyone would say unlike today's games this was not buggy or unoptimised when it clearly was.
    Even the devs admitted as such, and the initial community backlash had the Crytek pretty much hating the PC community.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Theres one thing that absolutely peeves me off to no end. The frequent invincible human AI.

Sometimes you can unload an entire clip into them when sniping with the XR looking rifle or the (can remember its name) the enemy assault rifle, and the ai just take hit after hit after hit.

After a few of those, the ai then becomes telepathic and can predict when you're about to shoot them and where. They just start sliding around dodging rounds like Goku dodging punches on Namek.

Wankers. This is why no one likes the North Korea.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, as I'm attempting to replay it again (until I get annoyed/bored and stop) things like that are starting to pop out to me very clearly this time around.

It's like my issues with the gunplay/combat is really starting to stand out.
    Some enemies, you can unload on them endlessly and it's as if you're tossing marbles at them.
    And then a soldier right next to them, a couple bullets... and down he goes.

I was sneaking around, took out about three people in a six member group stealthily and finally they noticed something was wrong.
    So, went armor mode and went in guns blazing. And, using my shotgun, the first guy dropped with no problems... second guy... four shotgun blasts from maybe three feet away and he keep shooting like I was just blowing air at him.

And, at times, they are WAY too aware of the surroundings. A tiny bit of the ole' FarCry "five mile" eye sight AI working.
    Sneaking through the jungle, far away from the road. Using cloak mode as well. Stopped behind a tree to let my suit recharge... suddenly my hud went red showing I was spotted. Instantly looked around, nobody.
    Went into cloak mode and starting heading toward the road... still nobody. Got to the road, enemy tuck sitting on the side. The second I inched me head out from behind a tree... the gunner starts unloading on my position.

It's these small moments that break the game's feel and take away from the gameplay. Making your "super soldier" mission... questionable. ;)

Also, sniper rifle. Can't. Attach. Silencer.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The sniper rifle would loose alot of power if you could. But its also got great range so you can pop off a couple, then by time the enemy get to you, you can be long gone.

Its just another game mechanic trade off.

But man, that ai with its super armor.....ohhhh dont get me started on the KPAs nanosuit. Sniper rounds to the head sometimes doesnt even do it and you're like a standard soldier compared to the strength of them.

Sometimes you may as well not even be wearing the god damn suit.

Id love to see far cry instincts on the PC. Did anyone ever get to play it on the 360? I played it on OG xbox recently, but its just far to blurry to enjoy. I wouldnt mind picking it up for 360 though.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I would sure love to try farcry instincts i remember my friend had it on the 360 long ago he said it was good.

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Crysis 1 was too spotty for me. Had great moments in beginning but once you enter the alien spaceship, went downhill from there. Lost much interest from half way point on, so set it aside and moved to other games. Occasionally coming back to it but could never capture its initial excitement. Same with C2 and C3... all had great moments but not consistent throughout.

and btw, C2, for all the hype around it re tessellation, the graphics at some points were ridiculously poor, the junked cars all over the city looked like out of a 1998 game. WTF?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Hmmm, interesting ;)
    Our builds are pretty similar performancewise I think as far as Crysis goes (or does it make use of HT?).
    Maybe it's the fact it's an NVIDIA title or something. Because even with lowered settings I'm getting random fps drops as said, some pretty bad too.

As for gameplay, I personally don't think the game gets worse after the alien ship, just different.
    Yes, it switches from the freeform to more linear, but that's variation and I think this is one of the rare games that can do both admirably.
    Plus the change is justified by the change in setting; from scouting out Korean outposts to all-out-war against the Cephs.

I agree about them KPA nanosuits and sometimes strangely resilient enemies.
    I found out the best way to deal with KPA nanosuit is sneak as close to it as you can and let rip with the minigun.
    Twenty or so headshots should do the trick ;)

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Well I don't know what just happened, but all of a sudden I can no longer start the game!
    I just get an error saying that "the game isn't compatible with this version of Windows, update to Windows 98 or newer".

I have the DVD version and it had worked fine until now. Though it uses SecuROM and I am using Windows 10.

Isn't this just bloody slap-my-ass-and-call-me-Tiffany fantastic!

UPDATE: I contacted Origin customer support (via chat) and they were kind enough to add Crysis and Crysis Warhead to my Origin account.
    I had the boxed Maximum Edition prior (and I told them I needn't Crysis Wars).
    Just had to provide some photos of the box/disc/codes as proof and that was it.

Both thumbs up for Origin customer support!

Now, again, off to download and install games I already have... just hope the savegames still work. Probably not though me thinks...

UPDATE 2: yeah, the saves worked nicely. Just finished the game for the first time eva.
    Great fun it was, gonna play Warhead next.

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    add r_fullscreen 1 into a cfg, autoexec

10. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    I had the steelbook edition when it originally came out, running on an 8800 Ultra. I much preferred Warhead.

Crysis 2 is my fav of the lot however, I don't know why but the cinematic-ness of the game just did it for me (the action scenes matching the symphonic score). Some called it dull and toned down but I got kicks out of it paying it through.

Crysis 3 was okay, I loved the bow and arrow but certainly not the best. I'd rate it 2, 1 3 :)

Since we are talking about Crysis, I do have a strange issue I have NEVER resolved, which leads me to think its an issue between the CryEngine and my particular graphics card. I can not run the game at Ultra in C2 or Very High in C3. As soon as I do, I get a "AMD Display driver has stopped responding and has been recovered" error. I can run it on Extreme/High just fine. I read it is something to do with Overclocking, but it does this at stock clocks & voltage. No other games do this on my machine. Any one seen this, or know of a fix?

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    playing the game now with blackfire's mod, getting 45-60 fps 1080p no AA high and very high, just had a blast after finding the relic, i was barging through the level to escape using the big truck,50 people was shooting at me while barging down the hill to take the river boat to get to extraction, when this game is in full swing it can be so much fun, plus looks great with blackfire's mod.

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    [​IMG]
    avengers: age of ultron ,....crysis rip off wtf!!!!

13. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    no, iirc when it first came out there's been a huge hype which i also took part in and wanted to play it badly but the rig i had then wasn't capable of running it very well. eventually i upgraded and could finally play it, but somehow it turned out to be a big let down for me. i didn't enjoy it and could never really get into it. never touched a crysis game since. i don't feel like i've been missing out on something either, there have been plenty of other great games which i had played instead.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Oh dear, apparently I've been playing a bit too much Crysis lately as this game has invaded my dreams.

The night before I had a dream where I was being hunted by a guy in nanosuit (KPA no doubt).
    Last night the same setting, but with a guy who just kept smiling and sidestepping my bullets when I tried to snipe him...

lol

*cloak engaged*

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    HaHa suppose it happens, i was the same when all i did in my free time was watch Breaking Bad.

Installed Crysis again last night, newer games have nothing on it when it comes to installing other crap at the same time.

Also noticed for first time in about a dozen plays the ability to change the nanosuit voice to female, thought it would make a nice change as i have always preferred a computer voice to be a woman, but it just doesn't work as well.

16. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    I think in Warhead, Psycho's suit is set to female by default

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Is anyone unsatisfied how they handled Nomad death in some comic that 90% people dont know about? Why not something more make of it? I love Psycho but Nomad needed conclusion...

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I always turn the suit voice off.
    That's honestly, the one option I miss in Crysis 2 and 3. I know I'm using cloak mode, or armor... or whatever.
    I don't need to be constantly told what I'm doing when I press the button to do it.

19. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    You're WAY too picky about this game.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Too picky? How?

How is my stating that I liked the ability to disable the suit voice in the first game, and missed the option in the sequels being "too picky"?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015