AMD Catalyst 15.7.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by fish, Jul 29, 2015.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I've never had this ever since I switched to Windows 10. I used to have it very very very seldomly under 8.1.

2. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    I do plan to switch to win 10 soon, i am just a bit too lazy to back up all my game saves, and just the thought of waiting for hours for games to download/install, win updates, downloading and installing all those extra softwares and benching programs. That is an entire day just for +1 fps in some games.

3. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Try a partition scheme where your user files lie in another drive/partition. It will make everything so much less painful. The rest of your saves/settings will reside in APPDATA and ProgramData, and they are trivial to copy paste and restore.

4. picturaw

picturaw Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7790 1GB
    Hi,

There's still an issue with Spotify in this driver release (I've reported it a while ago but it's still here) :

The issue : the monitor doesn't wake up from sleep mode when the program Spotify is playing some music in the background.

Steps to reproduce :
    1° : Launch Spotify and play a track
    2° : Wait the screen goes into sleep mode
    3° : Impossible to wake up the screen. Have to restart the computer.

I've personally re-posted this issue in the AMD report form, but if some others persons could also do it, perhaps AMD would fix it.

Here the link to report this issue : http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D25867D9A9

Thx

5. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    I don't even have it any music/itunes/radio or any thing of that matter on my gaming rig. It is even barely connected with the internet, unless i play online.

6. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
  7. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
  8. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    This is exactly what I do. My OS and a few games on a 256GB SSD and the rest on my 1TB HD. I even redirect docs (game sames almost always reside here), pics, music and videos to be on the 1TB. Makes doing an OS refresh extremely painless.

9. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Yeap, I have a similar setup. 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD with user files (Documents, Pictures, Desktop etc), and 2TB HDD with Username\Downloads. Very handy. The only thing you have to remember after a format is to take ownership with the new user account, and enable full read/write permissions, while you delete the permissions of the account from the previous installation.

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    there are several UI addons for take ownership, makes it super simple.

just right click on the drive and take ownership of the whole shebang.

11. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Any specific ones you can recommend? Open source preferred, but if they are from a trusted developer (like NirSoft for example) it's still fine.

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015