980ti to Fury...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Screwdriver, Aug 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I just read this at Rock Paper Shotgun, and I actually marvel at the coincidence. He doesn't give any numbers, just shared impressions.
    He mentions crashes while changing settings with the Fury in GTA V, but since I haven't heard of that before, my guess is that it was his system's problem.

2. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X
    I guess I am not the only one who sees this....Yet, I have no crashes.....

3. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    He mentions he got HDD corruption with Shadow of Mordor too, so I guess his setup is a bit wanky.

4. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    Yeah as much as I see people on these forums talk about how ****ty amd gpu's and or driver are... I just got done playing through the witcher 3 on a crossfire setup and it was glorious. Smooth constant 60 fps, no crashes, crisp image. I personally think people get too caught up in brand loyalty. It's pretty sad that some people can't resist spewing negative propaganda on a daily basis. Whatever card you choose congrats. Hope you enjoy your games! :cheers:

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I don't know why people are arguing something as subjective as 86fps vs 70fps how it feels to a person. No one ever said 980 ti and Fury are as fast cards just that to the guy it feels the same, that is like something you cannot argue with even if you post all of the damn reviews "Lookie here this is how much faster this thing is over that thing" because it ain't about the hard numbers now it is about how one is experiencing the change...

Because we are all individuals and we experience things differently like this fps thing you guys are arguing here.

And while nvidia has the crown with 980 ti and X, AMD's Fury X and Fury are good third and fourth place cards.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Wait, what does cfx or tw3 anything to do with this thread?

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Flaming? I thought I was trolling lol. Just having some fun. Ive had infractions for quoting things that have been true once the dust settles. Its just the way it is around here.

I remember the days when people used to Say that there was hardly any difference between 30 and 60fps. 60-96 big difference, 96-120 not so much but still noticable.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Def does not belong in an "owners" thread. And since he does not have a fury logic dictates an infraction to follow.

9. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    I think i didnt say you were forcing anything upon anyone, at least wasnt my intention.

Many users are just spamming that the op is wrong because he senses similar game experience with a Fury after having a 980Ti installed.

Let it be, he is happy with the Fury's IQ, better for his eyes. Its a subjective experience. There is nothing to argue about here.

Try Gsync vs vsync. You like counting fps, you will love gsync and understand why vsync is a fail on a 980Ti sli.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Don't see the point in getting a 1440p gsync monitor I'm going to eventually get a 4k gsync monitor, but I don't just spend all my k one on video cards, I'm an audiophile as well. You still did not explain exactly having 100hz vysnc on a 1440p at max or near max settings is a fail.

11. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Because V-Sync has his flaws, investing all that money in gfx to play vsync-ed its a fail to me, a little one, but still a fail.

edit: 4k 100-144Hz are still far away, i think 1440@144Hz its a far better experience.

12. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    If he hits that 100fps constantly it is identical to g-sync. Not only vsync is not a fail, both g-sync and freesync (and how come nobody talks about NVIDIA not supporting that...) essentially sync the monitor to the card's framerate, just without a fixed value. In other words, g-sync is constant vsync, so vsync can't be that bad eh?:infinity:

13. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    And what happens when you cant keep those maxed 100fps forever and suffer some minor loses to 90?

Thing is, v-sync can fail on that sync proces.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Then he changes his monitor refresh rate to what his minimums are. It's simple.

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I'll upgrade eventually, I'm not tied to video cards long term. I'll do what I just did with my 780ti sli, give them to my kid and buy new cards. Let me worry about my fail rig k?

16. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X
    That there is funny! :)

17. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Funny indeed.

18. PrMinisterGR