AMD Catalyst 15.7.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by fish, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    You mentioned it, I didn't do it before.

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    But we already knew that with the overhead test :D

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Only issue with these for me is, on switch on, reboot, i get the Asus splash screen to enter Setup as normal, the Starting Windows with the spinning balls as normal, then, instead of the Welcome Screen, it just stays on a black screen (monitor doesn't go into standby), so i have to switch it off/on (the monitor) to get the picture to come back on.

Im using 2x Fury Tri-Xs in Xfire, on Win7 64bit, monitor is the BenQ XL2730Z FreeSync, connected by DP.

Was fine under the 15.7 WHQLs.

It doesn't really bother me though, as once i turn it off/on, it stays on fine, until i either reboot, switch off/on again :p

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The bootup process seems to change randomly for me. It's sometimes quick, sometimes slow, sometimes takes me to the sign in page, sometimes not, sometimes just a black screen for 10 seconds then desktop. RTM...

5. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Great drivers BUT..... i wish they would fix the "Reduce DVI Frequency" setting that stays checked, but isn't really sticking on reboot, have to uncheck, apply, recheck every time.

It seems i happen to be one of the unlucky few who need that setting. Otherwise i get weird lines and things on the desktop (also in firefox). Seems to be a problem on windows 10, didn't have to do it before on previous 8.1 install. Oh well at least i don't have to reboot very often.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    There is still no word about the wrong VSR resolutions, right?

7. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Ah just to update, it seems to not be an issue at all (do not need the reduce function) when running at native monitor res, just at any lower one. Guess ill stick to native for now, so yes not so bad i guess.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    That's bad man, really bad
    ;)

PS: sorry for off-topic. My bad-joke-sense was tingling.

9. MaxiM

MaxiM Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7870
    What's the OpenCL under Win7 status with these? All of the recent releases were broken and required manual fixes. Anybody checked that?

10. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    Installed win10 on my amd/backup PC today. Installed newest catalyst (these)

Trifire 290x & eyefinity in portrait causes almost nonstop flickering and artifacting when crossfire is enabled. This wasn't an issue on 8.1.

Is anyone else having this issue and if so does a fix exist or is crossfire kaput until new drivers release?

11. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I've said it before, I don't know what they did with W10&wddm2, but I've got the smoothest gameexperience since years when I moved to W10 with two FuryX's in CF@4K. (only the Witcher 3 is still a bit jerky)

Frametimes are probably fallen through the floor. It's almost like having a (g/free)sync monitor, for free , to see things move so clear and smooth. I'm allmost afraid for touching my system with newer drivers for the first time :D

12. andreww

andreww Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R5-230A-CL
    need more help

during last AMD catalyst contrl cent up date I lost all sound. I contacted AMD services before and after trying to follow their (emailed to me) instructions on how to un and reinstall the drivers. On the 'second' email they said to contact a third party for the Display driver uninstall program. Now i'm really messed up.
    Can some one walk me through this. The first time I started in safe mode I couldn't uninstall anything, dead ends. Then contacted AMD -they sent me here and now I'm scared.

13. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    AMDJoe,

Far Cry 3/4 and Blood Dragon all have severe screen flickering in dx11 under Windows 10 with the latest drivers. Plz let the janitor/driver-guy know.

ps, I know he doesn't have a company email since he's not an official employee but if you leave a note on his mop-cart, he might see it before he gets to cleaning your toilets in the morning.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) is a third-party app for cleaning out old driver versions.
    You can download it from here:
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

just read and follow the instructions and you should be fine.
    You can also check the appropriate support threads, links can be found from the download page.

On a side note, so AMD customer support now just directs people to Guru3D forums? What kind of service is that?
    Not that there's anything wrong in using this as a source of information (surely one of the best there is) but come on... they could at least do the digging themselves.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  15. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    - pretty good, I'd say..:thumbup:

16. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I wouldn't, but let's leave it at that.

17. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Missing the Fluid Motion slider in the CCC.

18. allindaze

allindaze Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 4GB
    I'm in a similar situation. I have 2 R9 290s Cf'd running Windows 10 and the 15.7.1 drivers. I have 3 monitors and have the same issue you're having. Whenever I have all 3 monitors enabled after about 5-10 minutes the flickering and artifacting starts (I think it may be due to a power saving feature that's lowering the memory frequency too low). Whenever I disable the 3rd monitor the problem fixes itself. Very frustrating not being able to use the 3rd.

I've tried keeping constant voltages with Afterburner and disabling ULPS but that didn't help.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  19. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    #314 and #315 made my day/night. Thank you! :roll:

20. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Ah what the deuce? :3eyes:

Now i got the stupid black screen after waking the monitor with this driver :bang:

How did that happen?