Have you played......Crysis 1?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by (.)(.), Aug 26, 2015.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I wasn't directly saying you were telling me my opinion was wrong.
    I was simply stating that I've heard people try to tell me how to play it, how I'm playing it wrong, how I should replay it... look at it again.

All of it. Since 2007. I've read/heard dozens upon dozens of people try to tell me why my opinion that Crysis is overrated is flawed, wrong or even once was told, it was just stupid. :)

And, I have played it, multiple times. Last time was probably... a little over a year ago when I made a previous upgrade. And, I found it even less fun then I had before.
    I only tend to keep it around to benchmark and test hardware. And the smoother the game becomes, the higher I take the settings... it coincides with me enjoying it less and less.

Sorry, but I prefer Crysis 2. Better writing, better story (while still not a great story), better stealth. And, honestly, I like the New York setting better.
    Also, I prefer the stylized visuals. It gives the game an identity, something the first game never really got.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970

Imo, stealth in C2 is the equivalent of asking people in real life to walk around with blindfolds on so your stealth ability will work.

My biggest grip of C2 and 3, was the nerfed suit abilities and your control of them and just never feeling like i was in control of the character i was supose to be playing as. From gunplay to how i approached enemies, it felt like it was already done for me the moment i set foot in area X and all i was doing was merely pressing the required buttons when prompted.

To me, C2/3 felt like playing an fps on a touch screen.

Oh and the unskippable cutscenes. Not only was the story just as bland as the first, it was simply incoherent and never added anything to the overall experience other to try and convince the player that it gets betters. SPOILER - It didnt.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  3. JohnnyCage

JohnnyCage Guest

GPU:
    r290x
    I Finished every crysis game there is. They are really cool.

4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    To each his own.
    I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. Same as you'll never convince me that Crysis is a "good" game.
    A pretty game, yes... a fun game? No. Not for me.

But, Crysis 2 offered a better experience to me. The suit functions felt better because they were more useful. Armor mode is actually... armor.
    In the first game, armor mode didn't feel like it made the player any stronger. You still died in a matter of seconds in direct, open gun fire.
    Stealth... all great to have a billion dollar suit to make soldiers super soldiers... that can't run more then ten feet without draining the suit of all it's power and leaving them completely exposed.

Sorry, but for me, stream lined... simplified... whatever you wish to call it. I don't care. Because I enjoyed it far more then I ever did the first one.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    For sure.

I wonder if they'll continue the series?

6. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    crysis 1 was just a superb technical masterclass of its time and can still bring systems to their knees

i had it on pre-order and on a 8800GTX 768mb it ran around 40fps with a q6600 cpu, loved it :)

i will never forget the first few minutes of gameplay where the gutted guy drops from the tree, jumped a mile i did :p

7. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Hopefully not, they keep going down hill, from best to worst.

In my opinion, I enjoyed Crysis Warhead far better than any other Crysis.

Aside from it being the shortest Crysis, I thoroughly loved it.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i dont think bring systems to its knees as something to brag about,performance wise, the game is ****ty optimized to the say the least.

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Crysis 1 is easy to max out now even with tons of AA and mods included.

Crysis 2 was one of the first brand new triple A games I played maxed out 1080p at Ultra settings at a consistent 60fps from start to finish and loved it.

Crysis 3 was a good game but it lacked something, it was short as hell and just boring tbh.

Never got around to finishing Crysis Warhead but I may have to now :p You have enticed me.

Best FPS I have played in the past couple of years has been either the new Wolfenstien games (they have their issues though being on the dreadful ID TECH 5 engine) and of course the superb Metro 2033 & Last Light.

Metro 2033 & Last Light for me are two of the BEST fps games out there. Insane atmosphere, amazing graphics, good story, solid gameplay. Nothing so far has come close to even matching those games for tbh.

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    what do u need to max out crysis? on a single gpu setup.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i think you are right about the games you mentioned they are cream of the crop.

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Speaking of which, is anyone running Crysis 2 with MaldoHD 4.0 in Windows 10?
    Every time I start the mod via shortcut, I get an error about a missing string in d3d11.dll.

The mod does start though and from what I can tell is working in DX11 mode.

ADD: nope, wasn't running in DX11 mode as the unmodded game gave the same error and started in DX9. Something about MaldoHD installation messed it up.
    Un- and reinstall of Crysis 2 sorted the issue. Too bad, as the MaldoHD textures are way better than default Crytek HD textures.

UPDATE: the error seems related to SweetFX instead (in conjunction with Crysis games) as I got the exact same error when trying to run Crysis with SweetFX.

AFAIK MaldoHD uses SweetFX for SMAA injection, so gonna reinstall and try without SMAA.
    I already tried deleting SweetFX files and folder from the game binary folder, as I thought it may cause problems, but that didn't work.

(Furthermore, I have found that trying to inject SMAA via RadeonPro either doesn't work or causes issues with other games as well.
    For example I can use FXAA in BioShock 2, but not SMAA, via RP.)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've got it maxed right now.
    Running at a constant 60fps from what I've played. Which is the first couple of levels.

But, of course, if you're aiming for 4K or even 1440p you'll need more then what I've got.

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    somone said here its easy to max it, now this is a big question, u only can max it with i7 and gtx 970 well that setup is close to maxing any game, but can u max it with a mid range current pc setup, this is the question, if even by today standards u can't max a game that has a recommended system req a 8800gt but still cannot, means there's a problem within the game.but what's the cut to max it.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    what does this mean ? 1080P very high , 16xAA ?

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I don't think it means there's a problem in the game, I think the system requirements were complete BS. Made up to make people happy.

I still remember what's his, Cvet, at E3 before the game's release talking about how players would be able to max out Crysis on an 8800.
    Then the game came out, and people with 8800s couldn't play the game smoothly at max settings.

Ahead of it's time, yes. But, still, Crytek shouldn't have bs'd the system requirements.

1080p, Very High, motion blur turned off (because it's motion blur), 16xAA. Yes.

17. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Just like Far Cry, the original game is by far the best. From the games I've played, the only series that has improved with every new iteration is The Witcher. Half Life's followups are also very good.

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    The first levels were solid 60 fps for me as well, but later on I started getting fps drops. IIRC the first such level was the hostage rescue from the school in the village.
    Now running with High settings except Sound Quality and Texture Quality set to Very High. 1080p w/ 4x ingame AA.
    In intense fight scenes (with Cephs) fps still drops occassionally.

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The school is the second level. I just finished that, silky smooth the entire time.

Only issue I'm running into... is the game starts windowed. Every damn time.
    I click Fullscreen in the menu. But each time I start the game it starts windowed. Tis... getting annoying.

20. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Used to play it quite a lot, it had a great WOW feeling when it was released and it was fun to try to squeeze out more performance from it, and I even played quite a few good fan missions for it.

I liked the openness and the ability to experiment..but there were downsides. The AI was quite damn awful (look at them swimming) and how the weapons lost their power once you put on the silencers. Ultimately it turned out quite boring with the aliens..

And whilst it looked good it wasn't always perfect either. Like Far Cry it had too much pop-ups in the graphics.