Nvidia 355.60 WHQL Windows 10 drivers out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by flimbo, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    Hi

Regarding the crashes people have been having in BF3/BF4/Hardline in Win 10. Do you have Shadowplay enabled even if you're not recording or streaming to Twitch?

I find that when it is activated that BF3 crashes with the "Device hung something went wrong" error.

I was fed up of the crashes and did a complete re-install, not an upgrade which I previously had from Win 8.1 and everything was running fine, not a single crash until I

- Unlocked voltage monitoring and control in MSI AB
    - Enabled Shadowplay

It might have been a coincidence but until I turned those features on I didn't have a crash. My card is overclocked at 1500/4000 but even before I decided to install Win 10 again I reset it to defaults and still crashed within the game after a long play session. Playing for 10 mins will not produce a crash.

2. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Delete it,
    remove drivers with DDU and choose to shutdown after,
    remove second gpu,
    install drivers,
    install 2nd gpu back,start,let Win find second,restart.

tell me if it worked.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You can't mix WDDM 1.x and WDDM 2.0 devices in one runtime. 660 being Kepler is using WDDM 2.0 and 460 being Fermi is using WDDM 1.2. Wait for drivers which will support DX12 on Fermi.

Also - this is splattered all over NV's forums and support KB so yeah, I'd say this is a known issue.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  4. vrt684

vrt684 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 660 SC
    ok thanks much i was hoping wasn't my pcie slot bad i just sit and wait for a fix then lol

5. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Hey Manuel G, just started playing f1 2015 and I´m getting crashes to desktop with a "reduce your video memory usage" warning or something like that. I´m on windows 7 and 2gb gtx660 no oc in nothing. No applications running on the background.

Ps.- Mortal Kombat X also still stuttering too, like it´s running out of vram.

6. RamGuy

RamGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    Am I the only one having unstable drivers using 355.60 WHQL on Windows 8.1 64-bit? Spotting 2x GTX 980's in SLI with Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4,5GHz on Asus Rampage IV Extreme.

Rocket League will lock up / freeze after playing a few games. Some times it recovers (but I will be kicked due to being idle...) and other times the entire games will crash or need to be crashed using task manager.

I have also had some "display driver stopped responding and has recovered" messages while playing World of Warcraft while watching YouTube videos on secondary display and I have random hiccups and freezes while playing H1Z1 as well and some really funky GUI-glitches in H1Z1 menus.

Doing a "clean install" does not seem to help anything... And here I thought downgrading Windows 10 down to Windows 8.1 would get rid of all the nonsense with the latest NVIDIA drivers, SLI and whatnot. I guess not.

7. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    y don't u try 355.83?

INFO:
    Fixed a bug specific to older GPU’s with < 4 display heads.

8. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080S SHUNT MOD
    Yeah, try 355.83, btw fermis are now wddm 1.3 not wddm 1.2.

We are still waiting for wddm 2.0 ;(

9. lenix

lenix Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Im on 355.60 and Windows 10 Pro, GPU-Z 0.8.5 can't detect my Memory Clock and it says its at zero. Does this happen to you guys or only me?

10. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    This is the message ManuelG :)

[​IMG]

11. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    These drivers are a pain in the ass whit Fable Legends Beta!
    also in Blacks Op's III Beta :/

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  12. Jamek004

Jamek004 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 STRIX
    is there any news about MGS V game ready driver?

13. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    Probably out monday/tuesday

14. dezmand07

dezmand07 Guest

GPU:
    Intel IrisProGraphics 580
    PS4 - 1080p 60fps
    XO - 900p (scaling to 1080p) 60fps
    if on consoles this result, then PC without optimized driver will fine :)

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Um....?:3eyes:

anyway..

Not yet, it may even release after the game, but considering GZ is one of the most optimized releases, then we should be fine.

16. dezmand07

dezmand07 Guest

GPU:
    Intel IrisProGraphics 580
    What's not clear?
    The game is optimized and the driver needed except for sli-profile.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The fact that you were/are using the console versions output as a benchmark as to what we can expect for the pc version.

Im not having a go at you. I just found it to be an odd, if not misleading way to answer the question

18. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    These drivers causes shadow flickering in F.E.A.R. Way to go to breaking 10 years old game, nVidia.

19. angellman

angellman Guest

Hi Terepin!Try the following settings : Display V Sync : ON / Performance -> Advanced Options -> Graphics Video Card : FSAA-OFF / Texture Filtering : Anisotropic 16x. I do not have flickering shadows (F.E.A.R. v1.08-Retail ,3840 x 2160 , EVGA GTX 680 FTW 4G , Nvidia 355.83 , Windows 10 PRO x64).

20. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    For Manuel G:

There is a DUPLICATED profile for Lord of the Ring: War in the North.
    Maybe one from the driver package and one from GFE.

[​IMG]

The problem is: they are DIFFERENT. One has SLI configs, the other some dev infos about the game!
    But the exe is the same, so I really don't know which profile is selected running the game!

Please Manuel G, make the devs fix this problem.
    And please, tell them to add to the driver package the last GFE profiles WITHOUT the need of installing GFE.....or you'll have this kind of problem (mismatch) for more and more games!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015