It's Official: AMD Radeon R9 Nano launch 8/27 & it has 4096 unified cores

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by AMDFreeSync, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Haha, so many divine prophets here, all predicting performance and prices; because these guesses have proven so accurate before.... :wanker:

How about AMD releases the card, for whatever price, and we see if it is worth it compared to the competition. People are already passing verdicts on thin air.

I mean, I can also throw in my prediction based on nothing but past history: It will perform around to above a 970, cost far more. That being said, it's ITX sized, so it has a niche for it regardless of common competition. Even if it is not practical in comparison to a 970 ITX in price/performance, a simple lack of anything else will still give this card a market; so what if it costs far more for a small performance increase, you don't have other options. A market that is ironically hurt by the lack of HDMI 2.0, but still. This, in my opinion, is the kind of card AMD needs to release. A GTX 970's O/C ability may also not come into the picture here due to the thermal limits of an ITX environment, which may also help the Nano's case.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It's a forum, a place to discuss things. No need to stand above everyone that is discussing possible prices and performance, when you're just as curious as the rest of us.
    The only person that needs talking to is the one claiming this is "official".

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Are you that blind? AMD compared the Nano to a 970 not me.

970 is around $330
    the Nano will likely be $450
    That's a $120 difference

They might as well compare it to a 750 then their graph would look even more impressive.

4. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    To be fair, they compared it to the highest ITX offering currently on market.

5. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    How's those words tasting right about now :wanker:
    People say it can't be done, well it is. welcome to a new age of GPU tech, Viva HBM.

Also AMD just kill Fury LMAO

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X
    And just prison rapped those that bought the Fury. Probably explains why Sapphire and Asus were the only partners to make them.

The Fury should never of been released....as this will look bad on AMD.

7. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    The damage has been done, Nano not only kill 390, 390x but the Fury as well.

Once the price was been leak or set, a ton of GPU's going to be selling on Ebay lol.

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Yes I get that but this is a mITX card aimed by AMD at 4K. This card would be great for a HTPC, but with the one huge over sight. NO HDMI 2.0

So what is this cards real market?

9. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X
    I know this makes you exited....but this was a bad PR move by AMD if the real numbers touch the Fury. It is far far worse then the Titan X/980 Ti. Way more people bought the cards you listed, as they were affordable. Obvious move to dump product so they could finish the Nano. People will see that.

Only pure AMD fan boys will keep taking showers and picking up the soap. The rest will move to the green team.

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I don't really understand your argument.

This card is 30% faster then a 970 @ 4K which puts it about 10-15% slower than a Fury. It also will most likely be priced accordingly. How is this screwing Fury owners again? How is this anything like the 42% increased cost on the Titan X over the Ti?

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    There were no new 390(x) anyway. So it is like emptying storage till now. And AMD priced those quite high considering only bonus over 290(x) was 8GB vram and some minor bios tweaking.
    Damage to Fury is non existent, because there are very few at stores, and will be sold anyway. It is on AMD/AIB to decide how many of which card will be made but volumes are still so limited that there is no loss in having trouble selling Fury.
    But I think Fury is still popular, because there you can mod voltages, unlock cores. Roulette is always popular. Same as with CPU where you are not sure if it OC well or badly or with older 3Core Athlon/Phenoms unlockable to 4 cores (in some cases fully stable).

And I see no reason for Fury owners to dump them in favor of Nano. If they want same TDP, all they need to do is to use same voltages/clock + I do not see Nano that green in performance numbers, it will be below Fury.

12. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    I understand what AMD did was wrong, it really is because I understand what people is going through. i had a EVGA NVidia Geforce GTX 970 4 GB ACX 1.0. GPU. when NVidia 970 4GB thing happen NVidia PR said it can be fix with a upcoming driver, NVidia came out saying it can't be fix with a driver due of the hardware was made like that. so I had my money back from Newegg due to this lie.

So yeah I do understand & people who got the 390, 390x & Fury are beyond piss.

13. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X
    With the Guru3D review of the Asus Fury.

GTA V@1440

Fury - 70fps
    970 - 55fps + 30% = 71.5fps

If the 30% figure is correct, then the Fury is a dead horse.

14. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X
    I also take these leaked numbers with a grain of salt.....Fury X according to AMD was going to be a Titan X killer.....That did not happen. If these numbers follow in the same footprint as the Fury X, it probably will equal a 970.

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I still think it will trade blows with 980. But that is only 10% faster than the 390x, which is an overclocked 290x with moar VRAM. Honestly the 3xx cards should get a price drop after this.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's not going to be faster than FuryX and be much cheaper, if it was i would ditch this 970 and get one as soon as they are released.
    This would also crap all over FuryX owners, and even the biggest AMD fan would struggle not hate them after this.

Looks like a fantastic card though, i just have a feeling it will be priced nearer a 980 than a 970 though.

17. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    HAHA, that my friend we can agree on. R9 Nano look like it was made for 21:9 gaming.

We saw what the R9 Nano specs are now the price is the key for the deal to happen.

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I still want to see objective reviews of the card instead of AMD PR slides.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    390X will most likely get a price drop. Idk about 390 thats already around 300€. If you ask me, thats a good news. More options, more price drops. Nvidia will have to do the same thing if they want to stay competitive.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I doubt the 390x will get a price drop, AMD forcing themselves to drop their own prices would be idiotic when profit is their main goal.

I doubt Nvidia will drop prices either, well not unless this is around 970 pricing and no-one is expecting that.