Alien: Isolation

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by -Tj-, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The game would lose a lot of it's tension if the Working Joes were removed. Would also make a lot of the world really boring.

2. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Not really, the Alien presence would make up for it. I have only seen the Alien once and I see a Joe every 2 minutes.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Play more of it before making that statement.
    Without the Joes, there are lots of areas of the game where the tension would be completely gone.

And really, the Joes are not hard to avoid. And they are pretty easy to deal with if they spot you.

4. Famous627

Famous627 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760
    Played through this game and loved it. I'm not sure why reviewers said it was too long. I thought it was the perfect length but I still want more. Glad to see a game like this go against the current trends in gaming.

As for the Joes, they added a lot to the game. I tried to avoid them as much as I could but the stun baton and a wrench beating got me out of a few bad situations.

5. Kirro

Kirro Guest

GPU:
    4gb
  6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i have to say again, this is one of the best atmospheric games i've played in a long while, i recommend it to everyone of the scifi horror stealth first person shooter genre, amazing game.

7. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti

Game of The Year 2014 in my opinion,which is a suprise even for myself since i loving the Drak Souls 2 a lot.Started my third playthrough with an amazing reshading profile,stunnig!

8. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Just finished this game - on Hard, no less. Man, it's intense.

As others have pointed out, it's one of the most atmospheric games I've ever played.

The game gets a bit "tropey" in the second half, but it's just a cool world to explore. You think the game is going to end at like 5 different times, but it keeps going.

Any reviewer that gave this game less than 8/10 is a dumb.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    IGN scored it 5.9 out of 10

Gamespot scored it 6 out of 10

Then again it's IGN and Gamespot.

I score this game 9 out of 10.... minus one point for being ****ing scary lol.

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Two games are on my list for the next sale (thanks valve for price dumping methods): Dying Light, and this game :D

11. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    yeah this game is so worth it!
    im not even going to convince you, just going to say enjoy :p

played it for 30 hours, now ima start on all dlc's as season pass was on sale during the summer :p

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Top game, but i feel like some of the levels overstayed their welcome. Im not going to go as far as IGN or GS and say that the game was too long, but more that there was a pacing issue with playing hide and seek vs the more actiony bits.

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Unfortunately I was on vacation without regular internet access during steam summer sale, so I couldn't get it :D

I'm just hope for something that feels... different that the other, more or less generic stuff we get these days.

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    change of pace is never an issue in this game, it gets frustrating for you playing hide and seek andwaiting so the levels kind of seems a bit long, but its satisfying a lot. im not gonna start talking about the atmosphere in this game, it is second to none.

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I'm no good at this game, even on easiest difficulty, I just can't not seem to remember about air vents above me when I have androids in front and behind me lol

16. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    [​IMG]

Years of late night gaming are taking their tool on your brain :p Time for gaming retirement plan, make children while you still can ;)

jk, was feeling the same last year while playing Alien Isolation, couldn't pass few things so I had to call for help from my 13 y.o. son. He simply nailed those levels, I was like WTF kid!?, same way like me 30 years ago playing Pac-Man :( Guess (hope so) I was tired that evening, iirc A:I was the one of the last games I've played last year after making decision to quit gaming for some time until something worthy comes out. Feeling completely rusty not gaming at all after all these months od gaming-diet behind me, one more year without gaming and I'll be completely fcked up beyond return point. But now at least I'm "gaming" more on the other side of the room :D

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    lol, I'd rather be terrible at games, than have kids :D

Not my idea of fun at all

But yea, kids are always better at things like this than us, just like we were better at these type of things than our parents

Never really been a massive gamer though, building the machines is more fun for me

18. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    finished it on the highest difficulty without dieng the whole campaign for 2 achievements :c

it gets easier when you understand the game
    But I love this game very much and feel like it's a 1 of a kind game.

Had rated is 99/100, -1 cause i kept dieng like 30 times in the begin when i didn't get it :p

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  19. acroig

acroig Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti - 6GB VRAM
    Agreed, too bad a sequel seems unlikely due to lower than expected sales. :(

20. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    The only annoying thing I found in the game was that it forces you to "backtrack" "the long way" around a maps a few times. And as with many survival games, figuring out what to do. It's like the RE puzzles but not puzzley.

Frankly, I'm kind of glad the whole game isn't you vs Alien because those levels are intense.

As far as reviews, I've stopped caring what IGN reviews games. IF you've been to their site in the past few years, it's so much advertiser-funded articles; so I don't believe a word they say. They're literally a 3rd party marketing department now. The writings on the wall when they've complained about games being too hard.

Also, they recently got sold to another company and a number of people quit, so they promoted their "B team."