Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    When did you came back to WD? I thought you had enough of it :D

Anyways, you can increase shadow sharpness in "defaultrenderconfig.xml".
    For shadows from electric/street light increase the value in "ShadowMapSize"
    For Sun shadows you can increase the value in "FSMShadowMapSize". But even with default value "4096" (which is big) on Ultra setting they're not that sharp. I guess you can achieve the sharpness without increasing FSMShadowMapSize further by tweaking other settings that have "FSM" abbreviation. Try "FSMShadowQuality" for start.

2. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    yeah just fooling around while waiting !

thanks for the tips will try that

3. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Is it possible to add foot patrol cops to the npc spawn table? It would be cool to have sparse basic cops walking along the civilians, it would make the game a bit more realistic and difficult, this way there's a chance to bypass the call to the cops, and so a jam com wouldn't save you all the time... Maybe is it possible to replace a civilian with a cop npc or such? It would be cool to increase also the number of patrolling cop cars IMHO. Anyone have clues? :)

4. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Holy Sh!!! My E3 L-Train Lights mod and BinHex converter just got banned on MediaFire!
    Watch Dogs modders is under copyright strike! Unbelievable!

5. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    What!? Holy mackerel!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this idea, but here is the thing... Apparently the cops are terrible drivers, we might have to change the code for neutral police vehicles.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  6. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    xD, my guess would be the binhex editor got flagged, just rename your stuff in a weird way so it dosnt get attention from the scanning bots, or use one drive or google equivalent to be totally safe

7. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    To be honest I find the rare patrolling cop cars of the vanilla game decent enough at driving, as much as the npc cars at least... :p Anyway I'm more interested in the foot patrol cops honestly, anyone have an idea? :)

8. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Onedrive Googledrive don't have download counters. I'm very interestend in how many people have downloaded my stuff :)

9. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Envlighting Tutorial
    By default, the game uses E3_2013.Clear_Lighting.xml for clear weather and E3_2013.Clear_Lighting.Stormy_Lighting.xml for stormy weather.
    Here's an default example of E3_2013.Clear_Lighting.xml:
    How to convert hex color code to Uint32
    Thanks to razorfinnish's new tool: Razor Data Conversion, we are able to convert binhex to Uint32 now!
    Take this hex code, 53748C as an example. It represents RGB per 2 chars. But it doesn't have 8 chars so it is not a binhex obviously. What it lacks is the 2 chars that define alpha, which aren't used in watch dogs. So we just put them like 53748CFF and a binhex code created! Now we can convert it in razor's tool with no difficulty!
    [​IMG]

More des will be added later...

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  10. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    You forgot to describe GlobalLightsIntensity 0 and 1

Good find on converting the Sunlight color values, I really could use it since I'm trying to make the lighting more natural in Lite Mod 2. I've tried the Relaunch Sun Color - it's too cold, even with Sky saturation set to minimum, but the Clear Daytime Bloom from the sun is perfect with it and not brownish anymore.
    Maybe you know how to make the atmosphere warmer while using Relaunch sun color without any colorgrading mods?

Also would be great if you shed more light on these settings:

WorldShadowContribution - does it make the Sun shadows darker/brighter or what?

curveGlobalLightsIntensity0, 1 - why when chaging this I don't get the street light darker/brighter?

ProbeLocalLightsMultiplier - does this affects only Night time? Can it lower the intensity of Street lights at night?

ProbeMinAmbientLimitsMultiplier - what it does?

I wanna add some theory about "AmbientSunFront/Back" settings: they define the Sunlight intensity/color separately for "Front" sunlight when camera position towards the Sun and for "Back" sunlight when camera position away from the sun.

11. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    That's all great but how we can understand the "53748C" value? How much Red, Green, Blue color in it?

12. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    http://www.color-hex.com/

13. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    I haven't worked out most of the color settings and sky settings. So... no.
    WorldShadowContribution won't make shadow deeper or something else.
    How LocalLightsMultiplier effects the game depends on the situation. It onlys multiplies local lights, like street lights and moon light.

14. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Thanks.

I also figured out how to convert in Workshop's BaseConverter which is more convenient to use, because Razor can't convert back to Binhex.

Set the settings like this:
    Byte Order: Intel
    Data Type: unsigned long (UInt32)
    Put in "Decimal" field the values from Sun color intensity (like this "4293327359") and you'll get the hex color value in "Hex" field.
    After that you can convert and preview the hex color on the site that mlleemiles linked us.

But if you somehow don't have the access to this site or not connected to internet at the moment you can do it in BaseConverter:
    Copy hex color to blank txt file.
    Switch the "Data Type" to "unsigned byte".
    Copy and paste first two characters from hex color into "Hex" field and you'll get the idea of how much Red color in it.
    Do the same with next two pairs of characters (for Green and Blue colors) and copy/paste the results from "decimal" field to blank txt file.
    Don't convert the last pair, as mlleemiles said it's not used in WD.
    Now you should get the color values like this: 255 249 230 (R G B). You can preview the color on the mlleemiles' site ( www.color-hex.com ) and then change them as you like.
    To convert the colors back copy/paste the RGB values (255 249 230) one by one in "Decimal" field and copy/paste the results from "Hex" field into blank txt file.
    You'll get the new hex color value like this: FFF9E6. Add "FF" to it and copy "FFF9E6FF" into "Hex" field. Switch "Data Type" to "unsigned long" and you'll get your UInt32 value in "Decimal" field.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  15. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    This is great! But I have given up on WD now so i don't want to mod it anymore... Waiting for the next WD:)

16. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    thanks for all these explanation mllemiles, wish i still had motivations to test all of these

17. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Sky Tutorial
    Here's an example of Relaunch2012.Clear_Sky.xml:

18. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Two questions:

1) What setting should I edit to decrease Godrays visibility only for Storm lighting?
    2) What setting should I edit to Change the Sunrise/Sundown position to look like in 2012 Demo?

19. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    1) Decrease value of Sun Flare Intensity in E3_2013.Storm_Sky.xml.
    2) Impossible, at least for now.

Anyway, do you have a worlds\windy_city\generated floder extracted from windycity.fat?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  20. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Yes, why?