ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

9.5%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

40.5%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

8.8%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

6.8%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

8.1%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.2%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.8%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.1%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

6.1%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

2.7%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Legacy cards could still get some benefits by WDDM 1.2. All Nvidia's DX10 cards support WDDM 1.2. Intel Sandybridge supports WDDM 1.2, though there is no official Win10 driver for it.

And Win10 is generally a little faster under the hood than Win7

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  2. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    But there isn't a WDDM 1.2 driver, and nor will there ever be for this hardware range because it can't come up to the WDDM 1.2 spec. End of story.

Windows 10 is actually no faster in applications where it counts, it is faster due to being based from Win 8 code being more streamlined, fast boot, and the flat boring UI all optimized for battery life and mobile touch applications, and various improvements here and there under the hood. But it's not revolutionary by any means, nor is it a must have yet enough that you must dump what is more mature and works robust as is left alone.

Win10 is purely for suckers.

It's still not quite fit for a desktop orientated OS unlike 7, there are some major privacy concerns unlike Win8 & 7, and it still needs another year to iron out the kinks and bugs, and to have a serious re-think about the consequences of automatic enforced updating, whilst at the same time allowing yourself to be open to be tracked whatever you do or last searched for, or for your private hooky software collection you got from mr. torrent to be disabled remotely and wiped out overnight.

It's not really your machine anymore with windows 10 because I just see it as being a small part of a zombie botnet should you be foolish enough to keep it employed without pulling out your LAN cable.

It may be free for the first year, but "free" comes at a trade-off. So who wants a trojan horse installed?. Collecting, peddling and selling your data behind the scenes to the world and his brother?

Not me.

There are so many back doors, that if hackers get hold of how things operate in this to harvest your data, your going to see the mother of stolen identities committed for everyone that is stupid enough to install this madness committing subterfuge and sabotage in the background with the Microsoft creepy doll while you are busy playing around in the Windows 10 amusement park.

Or perhaps one trashy windows update screwing millions of systems overnight with no way to skip it.

I think i'll just sit this one out for a while, because it's funny how they show how many people have installed it since 29th July, while neglecting to show how many just canned it afterwards in short order and just went back to 7 or 8.

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Please, use your greateness to advise us on how to proceed.

4. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Well I don't know whether that statement had sarcastic undertones, but anyway Windows 7 is still supported till 2020, Windows 8 till 2023. No need to panic.....yet.

You still have a valid choice, whether you use a tablet or a desktop device. You don't actually *need* Windows 10 for anything right now as anything other than a curiosity, as it's just a mix of 7 and 8 with the same old dope (A silly registry since the design decision of Window 95, complete with windows rot and slowdown over time) that's been peddled before, only worse in one main factor mainly. Privacy. This new level of integrated snooping is disturbing.

A step too far, they now make google look like choir boys. In short it's simply nothing other than free spyware.

Who indeed has the time to read the reams of cleverly worded terms and conditions coming with Win 10 before they eagerly click install, not many.

If you value your privacy, traded away lock stock and barrel, under the guise of a free Windows 1984 (in order to improve services except when contradicting law enforcement agencies) complete with M$ creepy doll, then I know what I will do with my *own* data, my own personal contents and ideas of the documents, and emails I write, passwords, scanned and ripped off by others behind the scenes who knows telling where or when.

(and even if you turn everything off in Win10 it still collects, scavenges, and harvests data ultimately wasting bandwidth). There is no way to turn sauron the great eye off unless running the enterprise edition. Your not allowed. It hasn't been designed to for us capped consumers.

The truth about what Windows 10 is really doing behind the curtain is out there all over the net for all to see. It's an unmitigated disaster waiting to happen. A direct contravention of EU privacy laws with it's hitleresque EULA, baring a passing resemblance to the molotov-ribbentrop pact. Agree and be prepared to be fisted up the ass later.

So I personally (but to each his own) will not explore within the boundaries that have been set for me, but vote with my feet and boycott using 10, and stay on the non-free because nothing is ever really free right, only the air we breath and even that's polluted these days.

The price of freedom is too high, compared to the cost of being an idiot being blase about using it, busy playing whack a mole, while it's snoops silently in the shadows, simply because it's all new and shiny. In fact too shiny with the retina eye strain burning brilliant white scheme everywhere.

Just hooking into everything and everywhere is not my idea of a *personal* computer anymore.

How is it if my data is shared unfettered into the ether tied with personal advertising ID's tied to your location. And I can certainly see the uptake slowing as more revelations into the nature of what the cost to freedom
    of using it come to light.

If Windows 10 was so clearly better then Windows 7, Microsoft wouldn't be giving it away for free...

It's not because they are charitable, or stuffed up with Windows 8 and want to make amends, they are a corporation where knowledge is power, and data mining is big bucks to be sold to "trusted partners".

And at the center is all the demented pigeons that installed this boat anchor that passes for a desktop instead of taking a stand, blindly handing over your data for all in the process.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015

5. iakoboss7

iakoboss7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8GB
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  6. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    We'll probably never get anything official from AMD, but considering both Nvidia's and Intel's DX10 GPUs have WDDM 1.2 drivers it simply must be that AMD just decided not to support WDDM 1.2, rather than the hardware not being capable.

Anyway, I guess I was a bit unclear when talking about Windows 10 on legacy GPUs. I also meant Nvidia and Intel legacy GPUs, not just AMD.

7. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I was completely sarcastic. I love how most people freaked out with Windows 10, because for the first time there was a license they could read, and all the options were there in a coherent place where they could be disabled. Windows 7/8/8.1 were gathering the same amount of data (except the microphone data for Cortana of course), but you never got angry because there are not settings for stopping that, while now there are. Read this and take a look at this please. I'm honestly tired of this FUD. And yes, software SHOULD be upgraded to the latest version, almost always. Windows 10 with a local account and all options on off, collects the same or even less than Windows 7 ever did.

8. domoreyoga

domoreyoga Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon X2300
    Yeah they are much better if you can get them work. Ran 3dmark06 and the difference was night and day. With the default microsoft drivers, the GPU was worse than the CPU at rendering performance.

9. iakoboss7

iakoboss7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8GB
    have you tried these? http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=370745 (download link is down use mine: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz9-okPmTFK7cTZXSXpFbEJ2OWc )

and these? http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=374236

(probably the second one's will work, but the first ones have more fixes).

if you can try them and post results maybe we can find the best driver for win 10!

10. iakoboss7

iakoboss7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8GB
    had some time so i tested them (i couldnt use the 1st one).

both (the one here and the 13.1 from the second link) gave me almost the same results in 3dmark 06 and 3dmark cloudgate!

i am thinking of keeping the one here, but i wanna ask how its doing in hardware acceleration in firefox! is it working fine?

11. Raalph

Raalph Guest

GPU:
    d
    Hi!

I know this is not flem thread but would be great if someone else tried modding legacy 13.9 with 11.11c. It gave me nice performance boost so maybe it will work with other legacy directx10 cards. Need some more people for testing/comparing . All details are here:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5150043#post5150043

12. Nospheratu

Nospheratu Member

GPU:
    Radeon 7970M CrossFire
    You could have used the tool provided by Microsoft to ignore that particular driver update. If a newer version becomes available you would have to hide that update as well.

I am unable to post links so search for KB3073930 and you will find the article.

13. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Yes I see that option now, but a few weeks ago after launch of Win10 I didn't even have that luxury...

In any case it's all irrelevant today. I'm not repeating the experience. It doesn't make sense on this antiquated hardware to be a guinea pig, testing something out so full of holes compared to stability and maturity.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  14. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    If people should update to the latest version almost always, I almost wonder why it's a pity everybody out there doesn't share the same views or principles.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08/17/windows_10_growth_flattens_out_to_30_per_cent_per_week/

Should we have updated to Windows ME from Windows 98 ?
    or to Vista from XP ? Of course not...

...because some people prefer being served chicken, instead of being forced fed turkeys.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  15. iakoboss7

iakoboss7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8GB
    can anybody help me "enable" ccc in win 10?

what do you do to enable it?

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The only really problematic jump was the one from 98 to ME, since ME mixed driver paradigms. Your real jump should have been from 98 to 2000. As for the Vista to XP jump, if you had the hardware, it was a good jump, and it got even better with every service pack. The OS was more secure, and actual faster on newer hardware. There is not chicken neither turkeys, and the analogies are completely false. You can't expect neither the same features, security or support if you cling to older software.

All the examples of the images you show, simply mean that those services cannot work without that information. If you don't want the services, close them. Furthermore, nobody forces you to use Windows 10 with a Microsoft account.

17. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Spyware accusations aside, Windows 10 blows through metered bandwidth like pac-man on steroids...

This is even after tweaking all the settings, and disabling the Windows Update Service. Cortana was also killed at the system file level.

I really liked Windows 10 until I learned what it was actually doing. It is now banned from connecting to wi-fi. I dumped 10 entirely and did a clean install of Windows 7.

Everything was transferred back in short order so I can't be "scroogled" by M$.

At least tracking facilities that send encrypted data over HTTPS back to M$ inclusive of Windows 10 that they're now trying to shove down your throats on Win8 and Win7 systems by back ported stealth updates is all quite optional that can be ignored unlike 10 where it's natively built in.

It appears to me Win 10's 5% market share is primarily from Win 8 users jumping ship because Win 8 is so bad and the upgrade to something better is free, or from the XP stragglers that know they should have let go of XP a year ago.

Win 7 people, me included don't, because Win 7 is seen as superior to Win 10.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    All of the things you talk about exist since the days of the NSA backports in Windows XP. It was mandatory for Microsoft to provide said information to the US government. I don't get the freakout with the features though. How do you expect your computer to respond to hand writing, voice commands, provide relevant searches in content etc, if there is no central data aggregation? Why nobody freaks out when Android does the same WITHOUT giving you the option to turn anything off, on a device that you carry with you the whole day?

19. highroller

highroller Guest

GPU:
    ATI RADEONĀ® Xpress1150
    There is a bug where the screen goes black with only hour glass right before login screen after power-on with Windows 10 using this driver. Problem doesn't persist if reboot, only at power-on. Will it be fixed? I am using a laptop with ATI Radeon Xpress 1150.

Thanks.

20. godknowswhy

godknowswhy Guest

GPU:
    All sorts
    This modded driver is no longer under active development. Not sure, but you may be able to fix your issue by disabling fast boot option.